Awoo.

Sony E3 Press Conference 2014 - June 9th, 18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 02.00 BST

Brad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9Ncf5cApw

Well... they seem very confident about their conference this year.

Wish I could go - nearest showing is another city over though. I'll be watching with some buddies over Skype though, so it's not all bad. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9Ncf5cApw

Well... they seem very confident about their conference this year.

And yet again EU gets nothing :lol:

Although it would be at like 2am here in the UK.

And yet again EU gets nothing laugh.png

Although it would be at like 2am here in the UK.

It will be at 2am during a Monday. I don't think many people are willing to see it live, let alone on a theater.

It will be at 2am during a Monday. I don't think many people are willing to see it live, let alone on a theater.

I would. It would be like a late night showing of a movie, but with GAMES and those oh so delicious popcorntongue.png

"See new PS4 game reveals on the big screen, with big sound."

No new PS Vita games, then? :(

• Thumbs Up 1

No new PS Vita games, then? sad.png

Eh, not sure if I rather see them waste their resources on that handheld. Really want them to go all out on the Playstation 4.

It wouldn't be a waste if people still play the thing, sure its not the most selling console out there but you got to think about the people who bought the system and are expecting some good new games for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

No new PS Vita games, then? sad.png

There will probably be some stuff here and there. I think they're more interested in keeping the PS4's momentum up, rather than trying to forcefully bring the Vita into mass-market contention. I think they'd be happy leaving it in a corner letting it do its own thing, with an insanely high attach rate.

Aaaand it's sold out in Portland, dang it! I so would have gone with my friends....sad.png

Edit: I'm trying to join the wait list, but red text telling me to select tickets keeps popping us...I can't get tickets because it's sold out, hence the "wait list" button.:/

It wouldn't be a waste if people still play the thing, sure its not the most selling console out there but you got to think about the people who bought the system and are expecting some good new games for it.

As an owner of both I'd rather they focus on PS4, to be honest. Nothing's going to change the Vita's trajectory at this point and as such I'd rather they allocate those resources to make games people will actually play.

So long they continue snagging indie ports for the Vita, it'll continue on just as it has been. 

Anyone wondering what the "special goodies" that will be handed out are? I seriously doubt Vita's or PS4's will be options, but probably just keychains, bobble heads and etc.. Small stuff to put in a collection thing.

Ah well, either way, I'll be at home watching this, on my flat screen, so that's still pretty good.:)

I'll just wait the extra day and see everything on the floor of E3. I don't feel comfortable going to a theater in the middle of the night in a city I don't live in.

Plus maybe I'll get lucky and can try them...

At least half of these franchises must make an appearance in this year's E3 minimum...

They'd better! I find it very likely that there will be Ratchet & Clank SOMETHING, given the movie releasing next year. There will probably be a game released around the release of the movie, so there may be something on the game end as well. I hope whatever next game for that series is reeeally good though, ACiT was the last R&C game I truly enjoyed. 

Also, I feel like there won't be too much of Sly this year, since Thieves in Time is still pretty new. I can wait on that though, I've been playing the games in order and I'm only halfway through Sly 3 now, so I haven't played 4 yet. And with the movie being released in 2016, I imagine they'll wait until at least E3 2015 to really promote Sly. 

On the other hand, Insomniac is currently working on Sunset Overdrive, which seems to be a fairly large project. I don't know how many people work there, but I don't think a new R&C by them would be very far along if it's already being made.

So first it was movie theatres... now it's military bases.

At PlayStation, we’re incredibly thankful of the service our troops provide each and every day. As a way to both honor and entertain our service men and women (We all need a bit of R&R sometimes!), we’re pleased to announce Salute To Our Troops, an upcoming event held in Kansas’ Fort Riley military base. Fort Riley has a huge gaming community — the base even has its own dedicated gaming area in their Warrior Zone recreation center.

In an effort to bring a taste of E3 to the troops, we’re kicking off the event on Monday, June 9th, which is the same day as our Press Conference. Our big PlayStation truck — currently travelling across the country for our Road to Greatness tour — will be on the base to offer hands-on time with upcoming PS4 games, and we’ll have contests and giveaways throughout. The event will culminate with a concert from country music singer Brett Eldredge. If you can’t attend but want to see the concert, it will be available for free on our Live Events Viewer app.

The event is both free and open to the public, so if you live nearby, feel free to come! And if you don’t live in the area, you can still get hands-on with upcoming PS4 games as part of our Road to Greatness tour. Check the schedule to see if we’ll be in a city near you.

And thanks again to all active and retired military personnel. We are honored by your sacrifice.

Salute To Our Troops

What: Hands-on with upcoming PS4 games, as well as a concert from country star Brett Eldredge. Open to the public, free to attend, and all ages welcome.

When:
Monday, June 9th:

Brett Eldredge concert – gates open at 5:00pm, show starts at 8:00pm

Tuesday, June 10th and Wednesday, June 11th:

Road to Greatness truck at The Warrior Zone

Open at 11:00am

Daily contests for PlayStation goods, including PS4 giveaways

Where: Fort Riley, Kansas
RSVP: Free and open to the public!

Thats nice of them.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/03/salute-to-our-troops/

Feel sorry for Vita owners right now, if the focus is mainly going to be on PS4 games. I'm sure they'll mention Vita, but it'll probably just be to mention cross gen play or something. =/

Also, there better be some new, unannounced games revealed because most of the anticipated PS4 games have been delayed till 2015. -__-

Feel sorry for Vita owners right now, if the focus is mainly going to be on PS4 games. I'm sure they'll mention Vita, but it'll probably just be to mention cross gen play or something. =/

All seven of us can cry together.

as a Vita owner I don't want them to waste time on the Vita tbh

As a Vita owner, and PS4 owner... I actually want PS4 news if only because I barely use my PS4. 

No really, I've barely touched it since using it. I beat Resogun, did Killzone single player and then beat Flower.

I still have Knack in the wrapper, a ton of PS+ games for it, just little to no desire to play either of them.

Vita on the otherhand... been playing that a lot lately.

I don't actually own a Vita because there just aren't enough games on it that I want to get for it, but if Sony could actually get some more cool games on it instead of only focusing on its cross play and port capabilities then I might actually get a Vita. >_>

As I don't own a PS4 at the moment due to the fact I can't afford one right now and the fact all of the good games have been delayed, I definitely want to see some PS Vita games announced. I haven't touched mine in months because of the lack of games.