Awoo.

Sony E3 Press Conference 2014 - June 9th, 18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 02.00 BST

Brad

This conference was a let down.

I stand by my last post, 6/10. Good effort but not good enough. Like Microsoft, this was mostly just a battle of "who gets to show which third party game". They didn't even pay much service to their first party games; Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 are merely CGI trailers and we knew those were coming. Also my god it dragged. Sony overstuff their conferences too much.

Uncharted 4 wasn't a CGI trailer.

It was a bunch of CGI trailers without much context

You sure you're not talking about the Microsoft conference here?

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay that was a good one.

Soooo many dickshots to Microsoft throughout too.

You want to play a Batman game on the PC!? After the last few fiascos.

Yes? PS4 and Xbone can't run 4K, and don't suport mods. IT's still a good deal.

I'm still waiting for specs to be announced so I'll know if I can run it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ratchet and Clank film, as well as a remake of Ratchet 1 by mid-2015? Yes, yes please, take my money.

Dead Island 2 trailer was glorious. Very Shaun of the Dead-esque.

It shows how much of a naive dreamer I am that I kept hoping for hearing about Crash Bandicoot whenever classic games were brought up... ah well.

CGI is used everywhere.

Why?

Because people are scared of showing real gameplay and fucking up live, in front of millions and making their game look bad.

I hate it, but its becoming a reality.

Welp, despite having a boring 30 minutes at the end...Sony still won. That was awesome! It slowed down in the later part but that first hour was just..fucking...INCREDIBLE! Oh and Arkham Knight recovered it enough for the conference to not end on a wimper because it looked that good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I don't feel like there was much gameplay in this conference for the non multiplatform titles aside from LBP. 

lol @ anyone thinking uncharted is cg

I suspect the same will happen when quantic reveals their new stuff

That was a great conference. Pacing issues aside, they showed off some absolutely incredible stuff. 

Bloodborne on its way to be the best fucking game of all time

Arkham Knight looks spectacular

Uncharted 4's teaser was really cool

No Man's Sky is going to rock my fucking world

Buying Entwined as soon as I can

Finally announced GTAV HD HD

I'm sold on a lot of stuff here, personally. This was a great show.

Edit - Oh yeah, and MGSV

Poor show, Sony. Too much focus on talking, services, TV, Movies and ports. Barely any exclusives and when there were, they were just CGI stuff. There were too many technical problems, too. Very disappointing conference overall. 

EDIT:

Ok, Uncharted wasn't CGI, but as Carbo said, barely anything was shown.

• Thumbs Up 3

There was more here than I expected, I'll give 'em that.

But the conference was bloated as fuck. The entire middle bit with the new CEO of SCEA should have been cut entirely. Just wasn't needed.

The rest was fine, all games.

I don't know about ya'll, but Batman got me fucking hyped. Because it was GAMEPLAY.

To be honest, I don't feel like there was much gameplay in this conference for the non multiplatform titles aside from LBP. 

Yeah, most of the best games are slated for next year and can't be demoed properly.

On the other hand we didn't get a 20 minute long destiny playthru which I'm thankful for.

Too much talk during this conference focusing on services, ports, TV, and not enough on the games in action.

Really I'm talking about both of them

That's the thing, a lot of these games look impressive, but at the end of the day I can buy some of the best ones on PC, and the Sony exclusive ones don't show much gameplay. Though, is the Order 1886 exclusive?

All the same, Sony still won on hype factor alone. They kept up a huge stride and tried really hard to pace things.

At least we can expect gameplay on every major Nintendo game, wheter in the digital conference, or the treehouse

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, despite having a boring 30 minutes at the end...Sony still won. That was awesome! It slowed down in the later part but that first hour was just..fucking...INCREDIBLE! Oh and Arkham Knight recovered it enough for the conference to not end on a wimper because it looked that good. 

This. 

0:00-1:00 = 10/10

1:00-1:30 = ohgodstop/10

1:30-2:00 = 9/10

• Thumbs Up 5

There were also no boxed PS Vita titles shown. 

Ok gonna be quick since I wanna go to bed and gotta be up in the morning.

In terms of pacing, Microsofts was better, no question about it. That conference flowed from one game to the other far better than this one did. It was going really well... then Playstation Now and POWERS happened. POWERS should not have been there, and frankly it felt like it was put in there to replace something that wasn't ready.

The Playstation Now stuff... kinda all right but... really would have done better in it's own event.

However, in terms of what was shown and announced, this one was better, no question about it, hell just look at the reactions compared to the other conference topics for one thing. Otherwise. They showed Gameplay for pretty much all of it and it was one game after another.

They announced a game, we got gameplay, they announced, a game we got gameplay, they announced a game, more gameplay. Little Big Planet 3's demo was the most honest and fun announcement of a game I've ever seen.

Even the multiformat stuff, much better examples of the game that even their own conference, heck the difference from what Ubisoft showed of Far Cry 4 for one thing, you can play it for free if your friend owns it.

People said there wouldn't be surprises, there were quite a hell of a lot of them and they were certainly very well received, Grim Fandango for one thing.

But yeah, can't deny it became boring as hell during the POWERS bit and the new CEO is no Jack.

However, Vita TV is finally coming, hell of a lot of surprises which were actually kept secret. a lot of really good incentives to get PS4 versions of games.

Finishing on Uncharted? Nope, Should have finished with Project Beast, wanted to see gameplay of Uncharted 4... mind you it's Uncharted 4 what do you think it's gonna be like?

Anyway off to bed now, goodnight SSMB. 

• Thumbs Up 1