Awoo.

Sony E3 Press Conference 2014 - June 9th, 18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 02.00 BST

Brad

One of these years they'll fire the guy that keeps shoehorning the service talks and have a SSS conference

Disappointed in Sony this year sadly. Had some great momentum until it came to screeching, frustratingly long halt. The ending tried to make up for it with Batman and Uncharted but my hype had sorta died. Things I took away:

• LittleBigPlanet 3! Hell yes. Will probably be picking up.
  • No Man's Sky was definitely sold to me. Such a cool (and beautiful looking) concept.
  • Kinda interested in the new game from the Journey developers. I'll wait and see.
  • Never been into Ratchet and Clank but the remake could be a nice entry point.
  • Arkham Knight looks absolutely amazing. So hyped, high point of show.
  • Uncharted 4 looks visually stunning, I'll probably end up buying it.

Seriously, they'd have done better spending that time TV, Movies and services time on PS Vita games, providing they have any in development.

There were also no boxed PS Vita titles shown. 

Don't worry, we have a Persona dancing game

Sighs

At least, for me, I'll have Senran Kagura and Neptunia.

I must admit it's kind of funny that Sony talked so much trash about Microsoft not focusing on games at the last E3, but they spent 1/4 of this year's E3 talking about non-game pursuits as well.

The Ratchet film being mentioned made some sense since it's based off a video game but...

The gaming industry just seems to want to be a general entertainment industry at times.

Soooo...looks like LBP 3 will be the only PS4 title I'll be getting this fall. A Ratchet remake for the movie sounds pretty cool but that's early next year. =/

Batman is next year too...and for GTA V, I'd rather have that on PC then on PS4 sorry...

But yeah apart from LBP and the Ratchet movie (which isn't a game) the conference was a bit of a letdown personally. 6/10.

And what happened to Rime?

EDIT: Almost forgot about Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f 2nd. Another game this fall.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the show itself was pretty blah, but it's like the more I think about what they showed, the better it was than when I was actually experiencing it lmao. They had quite a few awesome games that looked really neat, even if there were barely any exclusives. I think my problem was is that every game shown was something we either knew about and just got more helpings of, or the new things could be seen coming from a mile away. Ending with Uncharted 4 kinda put the final "blah" in it for me as well, since I really think it was so predictable that I didn't actually expect them to dully just show a teaser for it. I guess I was expecting more new or holy-shit things, but again, I think all the games showed were actually really rad.

I'm most excited for that white PS4 bundle though. Destiny is fantastic looking, and I need a PS4, and I like white consoles, so yay haha. There's also so games I actually want coming now, so I guess this early fall is finally a good time to adopt.

Don't worry, we have a Persona dancing game

Sighs

At least, for me, I'll have Senran Kagura and Neptunia.

Psst... it actually looks quite good 

/from someone who hates those kinds of games.

//But don't tell Shadzter!

Sorry, but Microsoft beat Sony.

It started off well for Sony, but the middle part was SO boring and it dragged on and on because of all the stupid talk of tv and media I DONT CARE GIVE ME GAMES!

Even then, most of the games were third party and while they all looked unbelievably good (especially No Man's Sky and Arkham Knight) the rest were just CGI/impressive in game trailers. Only one exclusive was played on stage which was LBP3 and that's, as far as I know the only exclusive coming out later this year. Everything else? Gotta wait till 2015!

I know Microsoft had CGI trailers too but they had more focus on games AND their conference wasn't dragging on for more than 2 fucking hours! So yeah, I think right now the Xbox zone appeals to me far more than PS4. =I

Oh, and I'm glad Uncharted 4 is the last. I wanna see something new from Naughty Dog on their next gen console.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say I was dissapointed. If anything, I'm just a little more eager to see these exclusives in action. And at the end of the day, I feel like Sony is really giving a huge set of options, unlike Microsoft. This whole conference has been about expanding the options for gaming on PS4 as a whole, and that's where I really feel like they had an edge over Microsoft; it just came out at such a sluggishly slow pace, I felt ready to fall asleep. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There were also no boxed PS Vita titles shown. 

Yes there was. The LEGO Movie Videogame. =P

I unfortunately can't compare Sony's performance to anyone else's, but I blame the fact few titles interest me in general. I care as much about characters as much as gameplay, and a lot of characters just don't interest me the same way Sony's classics do.

Yeah, I let my furry status contaminate my gaming. No fur, no interest! /speciesist

(Well no, some things like GTA are exceptions but that's the power of nostalgia)

That said, it did seem to drag out a bit there. I'm just, "PS2/PS1 mascots or GTFO" about halfway through. That movie trailer was a godsend to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I probably would have liked this conference way more if it was just one hour and they focused on the games they needed to announce.

It was alright I guess. The pacing, lack of actual gameplay, and 10 second Uncharted teaser just kinda killed it for me.

LittleBigPlanet 3 is another pro for the PS4, I guess.

Okay I've been thinking about it and actually there were quite a few games in Sony's conference that peaked my interest. I mentioned No Man's Sky, but the R&C remake is something I really look forward to, as well as Grim Fandango (!!) and the new game from the creators of Journey, Abzu was it? Yeah, that one looked incredible!

Problem is, most of these games are coming out next year, not this year. Correct me if I'm wrong though with the games I mentioned above but I'm pretty sure it's all coming soon.

I wonder if Nintendo can blow Sony's conference out of the water tomorrow, or even Microsoft's. We'll see, but I certainly hope the rumours of it only being half hour long are bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 2

pretty find it boring nothing special in all, why bring FC4 again when we saw it already during Ubi conference, same thing for BF:Hardline i dont not needed to get called, Overall UE4/Lbp3 

I wonder if Nintendo can blow Sony's conference out of the water tomorrow, or even Microsoft's. We'll see, but I certainly hope the rumours of it only being half hour long are bullshit.

I wouldn't say blow out of the water but to get a good score from me, showcasing a new Bayo trailer will suffice. That, Uncharted and Beast are all I ever wanted from this E3.

well and a new metroid

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think Microsoft is better. They showed more games, but let's be honest - most of them were shooters and "FIRST ON XBOX!!!" titles.

LBP 3's demo was outstanding. In Microsoft's, I'm sorry but it looked like Ted Price and every other person that was doing the demos just held the controller and did nothing but look at the screen. =/

The only Xbox exclusive title that looks amazing is Sunset Overdrive IMO, and I said that before the conference started.

• Thumbs Up 2

In retrospect yeah they probably should have focused on the games and released announcements over the next few days. Like seriously, they have 4 days to pack stuff into.

Not much of a Sony fan, but No Man's Sky looked absolutely gorgeous, I wonder if the whole "every player has their own universe / unique world" statement will hold up, If it does then that will really be something.

Other than that hyped for Nintendo's coverage tomorrow, Smash is enough for me right now tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, in line with where I was going. While the ability to play PlayStation games on a Sony TV was questionably necessary, I will admit I think it's a clever marketing ploy on their part. It'll help push the Sony game brand into houses that don't have the console yet.

With how abysmal their home electronics sector is doing, it's good to see they're finding ways to integrate it into their one well-performing area of business.

I kind of didn't really see the point of PlayStation TV, though. That Powers thing definitely didn't need to be there. If it's not related to gaming in some way, it shouldn't be there. That was just them pulling a Microsoft 2013.

• Thumbs Up 1

With how abysmal their home electronics sector is doing, it's good to see they're finding ways to integrate it into their one well-performing area of business

actually they spun off their tv division lololol

I kind of didn't really see the point of PlayStation TV, though. That Powers thing definitely didn't need to be there. If it's not related to gaming in some way, it shouldn't be there. That was just them pulling a Microsoft 2013.

That part killed the mood, I suppose they wanted to provide a conclusion from last year's presser but that shit simply doesn't fly on a videogame event.

At least for the R&C movie you could argue it's closely related (and it had no boring speeches aaaand we got a reboot announcement out of it).

2396282-9287106980-downl.gif

Yeeeaaah this was doing good but then dipped into horrible and the last bit didn't really lift me from that point.

Content wise this was the best conference, a lot of games to pay attention to but not many of them were exclusives (and the ones that were barely got any gameplay, except for LBP3 which I loved!), No Man's Sky looks great tho. There were also some surprises which is more than what I can say about the other conferences so far (LBP3 came out of nowhere and so did Grim Fandango)...

It's a shame that it seems they loved so much to make fun of Microsoft last year that they took 30 minutes to parody the XBONE unveil... Or at least that's what I think it happened.

Oh well, next year is looking awesome tho.

Now that I've had a couple of hours of sleep, I can say that all of E3 this year has been a mixed bag, and I dont think that's gonna change.

Microsoft did really well, but they had a lot of CG and a lot of their exclusives won't hit shelves till like 2016, which is ages from now. Sunset overdrive and Kamiyas game looked the most interesting.

Sony did much of the same, but with more third parties. Had some nice surprises in there, but again lots of CG and the TV thing in the middle went on longer than it should have.

Now for Nintendo. All that remains for me, is whatever Miyamoto is doing. I hope it's interesting.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk