Awoo.

Sony E3 Press Conference 2014 - June 9th, 18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 02.00 BST

Brad

Did they announce anything regarding the PSVita or should I just pick up a Playstation TV for dirt cheap?

After all the dust has settled it's becoming a bit evident to me that even though Sony may have had a decent show, their lineup for 2014 is tepid.

They're riding way too much on the Destiny train, and with the exception of LittleBigPlanet 3 there's not really that much of a compelling case to be made that makes a PS4 purchase valuable this year. Even Batman got delayed to next year.

They can probably afford it with the general sales momentum they've had thus far but it's going to be a rather slow year.

Did they announce anything regarding the PSVita or should I just pick up a Playstation TV for dirt cheap?

Sorta. There's a nice montagy trailer doing the rounds which shows a lot of games... why this wasn't in the conference instead of powers is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOocekmmdLA

Also Atlus has an unannounced Vita game on show later today, think there's a few others coming too.

Boy am I glad I didn't see the conference, because I still haven't got around to playing The Last Of Us yet.

Somewhat underwhelming looking through the news of what was announced, though that may partly be due to me lacking a PS4. No Man's Sky does sound incredible though, I'll have to watch that trailer when I get a proper chance.

Also, Grim Fandango? That's a complete curveball. It probably won't sell that well (even though it deserves to) so it seems odd to me that it got mentioned in the conference. But damn, can't wait to see it.

Sony only having LittleBigPlanet 3 (and to a lesser exten, Drive Club) as their big Christmas exclusives though is a let-down. I've never been that enamoured with LBP to be honest, but the whole lack of big-hitters for 2014 in general is disappointing. I suppose that goes for Microsoft as well, but yeah, 2014 as it stands doesn't look like it'll be a stand-out year for gaming based on what we've seen so far.

2015, on the other hand, already looks stellar.

After all the dust has settled it's becoming a bit evident to me that even though Sony may have had a decent show, their lineup for 2014 is tepid.

They're riding way too much on the Destiny train, and with the exception of LittleBigPlanet 3 there's not really that much of a compelling case to be made that makes a PS4 purchase valuable this year. Even Batman got delayed to next year.

They can probably afford it with the general sales momentum they've had thus far but it's going to be a rather slow year.

Yeah, it seems both MS and Sony are pretty weak this Fall. Sunset Overdrive and Forza for MS, #DRIVECLUB and LBP3 for Sony. 2015's looking pretty spectacular, at least.

*gasp*

LITTLEBIGPLANET THREEEEEEE!!! 

Aaaaah I'm so excited!!! I really didn't expect it, I kinda thought there would be an LBP3 eventually, but I wasn't actively expecting it for this E3. Hopefully it can be just as awesome as the first 2 without Media Molecule working on it at all.

And the new Ratchet & Clank movie trailer looks sweeeeet. I can't wait for that movie, and I'm glad they're remastering the first game in the series for PS4. 

Also, I may have to look into getting a Playstation TV, it looks pretty interesting. It could solve all the fights over the one TV. :P 

Sony's conference was ok. The highlight was Little Big Planet 3 since I didn't see that one coming. As soon as the Naughty Dog logo was shown towards the end, I seriously thought Crash Bandicoot was going to make a comeback given all the rumors surrounding it, but sadly it was not to be.