Awoo.

Who are the bad guys?

HyperShadic

So we know that Sonic Boom will have a "Whole rogue galleries worth of bad guys... some returning and new ones." We also know that Marine the Racoon has been confirmed (Don't even try and deny it).

That said, lets discuss on who these returning bad guys might be. We are NOT however going to use the same excuse as they're in the not same continuity okay? OKAY?

That out of the way, lets begin the discussion.

Metal Sonic

I think that Metal has quite a good chance of getting in. He still has a popular fan-base, and is the original counterpart of sonic. He has a evil look about him and would probably be either a anti-hero or flat-out enemy. If BRB do this however, DON'T redesign him into a stereotypical robot for goodness sake! (Update) Apparently the V.A. for Metal has already been posted on IMDB. He's pretty much confirmed.

Mephiles the Dark

I actually quite like Mephiles. He was a villain which one could actually label as villainous. He is deceitful and cunning. He loves manipulating others and prefers to work in the shadows. He could be a villain who is of the more serious type. Perhaps some right-hand man to the true villain? He could use attacks like spears, and spirit bombs shadow spheres. He also could use other shadowy attacks.

Deadly Six

Hmmm...This is a interesting one. If we ignore the issue of the continuity well...I don't no. I would assume that they would be too recent to use as characters. Why SEGA would you just poof them in a puff of smoke?! Argh!! sad.png As characters themselves, they definitely need some dimensionalising. In Lost World they were just cardboard cutouts of stereotypes. If anyone of them got in, It would probably be Zavok because he is the most evil of the bunch. I must admit, it would be interesting what BRB would do with his redesign. Maybe add a cape? Staff? I'm not really sure.

Anymore villains? Post your ideas below! smile.png

NOT however going to use the same excuse as they're in the not same continuity okay? OKAY?

Okay.

Metal Sonic

I think that Metal has quite a good chance of getting in. He still has a popular fan-base, and is the original counterpart of sonic. He has a evil look about him and would probably be either a anti-hero or flat-out enemy. If BRB do this however, DON'T redesign him into a stereotypical robot for goodness sake! (Update) Apparently the V.A. for Metal has already been posted on IMDB. He's pretty much confirmed.

Maybe, but IMDB is not a trust worthy site for stuff that hasn't been released. If any one villain made it into Boom, I'd expect it to be Metal Sonic though.

Mephiles the Dark

No.

Deadly Six

With the reception SLW got I don't think we'll be seeing the D6 for quite some time, if ever again. They didn't exactly handle them great in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 6

BTW guys, there will be many, many enemies making it into Boom. This thread is just to discuss them, not prove them nor disprove them.

No.

I'm assuming you are using the reason of 06 never happened, blah blah blah...

Yet in Generations, there is still Crisis City (which Iblis destroyed) and Silver is still acting out the events of 06. So looks like 06 was erased erased!

The true bad guys.. are the darkness in everyone's hearts ):

So true.

The true bad guys.. are the darkness in everyone's hearts ):

Actually maybe the new bad guy is a manifestation of such thoughts and feelings. That would be something that we haven't seen in a sonic game. It would really shut people up about the argument about sonic games having a very shallow story. We could have a character which has actual feelings and a true 3D evil character!!!

What's more, BRB have confirmed that this game will focus on (out of many things) story! Which is a first in a Sonic game.

I believe the "rogue's gallery" comment applied to the cartoon only, so let's bear that in mind as we speculate; it might be worthwhile editing the first post to clarify this point.  I don't believe there's any indication that the game will feature such a villain ensemble.

Given, then, that we're talking about the action-comedy cartoon, we're probably not talking characters like Mephiles, and while the Deadly Six would fit, I suspect they're a bit recent.  Metal Sonic sounds like a good pick, along with other Eggman robots from across the series - Gemerl, perhaps - and maybe also someone like Rouge.  I want to say the Babylon Rogues as well, as they're great villain-of-the-week material to my mind.  But I'd expect a lot of newer characters, too; "some" doesn't really give an idea of the ratio of new to old.

Judging by the character shots we saw in the background photos... like the Marine-esque character design, I'd say the show might be having a lot of secondary characters, specific to the Boom universe, much like the Sonic shows of the 90s. I suppose some of them could be villians, or antiheroes too...

The game though, I'm under the impression it's going to be a specific villain; this "ancient evil" that's been talked about. Seems obvious to me it could be Eggman trying to reawaken or ally with said "ancient evil" and it's up to the "Four Friends" to stop it?

Yes, I mean't the cartoon. But i still think we might have some more serious returning villains such as Mephiles in the game.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the likes of Mephiles returning. Considering how SEGA loves pretending that 06 never happened.....when they're not busy having Blaze hint at it in Generations anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yes, I mean't the cartoon. But i still think we might have some more serious returning villains such as Mephiles in the game.

Aha...

yeaaah, no I don't think Mephiles will be a thing. I think apart from Eggman and his creations it might be that the new bad guys are completely new characters, exclusive to the Boom! franchise.

Metal Sonic has a chance of possibly returning eventually. The other two don't.

The enemies will be Eggman and new guys/robots.

Marine hasn't been confirmed.

I can see maybe the Deadly Six returning for the sake that their Boom counterparts would be present in the Boom universe, having been recently established in the main canon, coupled with the fact that they themselves and their respective game had a good portion of positive reception.

While there is a good chance Metal Sonic will be in this series, in some form or other, there's virtually zero chance of Mephiles and the Deadly Six returning. Ignoring the fact that Mephiles was in Sonic 06 and the Zeti were practically just made, Boom is trying to set itself apart from the Sega Sonic Canon. Using every Sonic character under the sun would probably just confuse people further when the creators of Boom clearly want it to be obvious that Boom is a new universe. Besides, while it would be kinda neat to see how Boom would handle previous villains, I think I'd rather see what Boom can do with its own villains rather than simply reuse Sega's, especially if the new villain in the Boom games proves to be interesting or entertaining.

Considering how popular Metal Sonic is, he's practically guaranteed to appear at some point. I can also see Mephiles appearing, but he'll probably be some kind of demon rather than half of a sacred flame (which was a stupid idea in the first place) and look different from his NextGen appearance. The Deadly Six are less likely though, because considering how recent they are it would look like Sonic Team was trying to use Sonic Boom as an advertisement for the main series (which we get enough of in the comic already).

Metal Sonic: Maybe. And no, IMDB's listing still doesn't count as anything until I see actual confirmation from an official source or if he's saved as some super-secret surprise in the show. If he does appear, I'd like it if he was played up as a 'personal' rival/enemy Sonic feels he has to beat every time he shows up.

Mephiles: Haha...no. We don't need an overrated "serious and dark" villain like him to make Boom good. Plus, there's no way Sega would want to include anything from one of their infamously bad Sonic games.

Deadly Six: While I could see them fit into Boom's universe decently enough with it's emphasis on humor, I still think they're a bit too recent in the main series to slap into another continuity so soon. Plus, as some pointed out and like the Mephiles example, the D6 came from a game that underperformed and is a mixed bag with both fans and critics. 

Considering how popular Metal Sonic is, he's practically guaranteed to appear at some point. I can also see Mephiles appearing, but he'll probably be some kind of demon rather than half of a sacred flame (which was a stupid idea in the first place) and look different from his NextGen appearance. The Deadly Six are less likely though, because considering how recent they are it would look like Sonic Team was trying to use Sonic Boom as an advertisement for the main series (which we get enough of in the comic already).

I don't see how Sonic Boom can be used as an advertisement for the main series when it's deliberately different and is getting its own spin-off games. Archie, as it currently is, does a better job of fulfilling that. Granted, I think kids who get into Boom could potentially spill over into the main series.

As for a potential rogues gallery...? Metal seems like a no-brainer, honestly. Mephiles...? Nah. He was in one game, one game that was poorly received, and you can take his archetype and spin it into a far more interesting character. Maybe you can still use him, but not as he was. The Deadly Six might not be a bad fit though; they aren't amazing or anything, but they could potentially be used as villains in a Western cartoon considering they're just dull stereotypes. For all we know, they might add Shadow and Rouge to that list, or they'll at least be stuck in the middle, siding with Sonic only because they dislike Eggman even more, or something. I'd sooner expect new adversaries well before old ones see any use in the Boom world (and we'll probably see one in the upcoming game).

I just hope Shadow and Rouge aren't the Jesse and James of Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to mention the fact that at some point in his life, Omega was voiced by Meowth, him, or rather, herself.

• Thumbs Up 3

*Resisting urge to make joke about Omega being the Meowth of their team*

Rouge: "Team Dark, blast off at the speed of light!"

Shadow: "Surrender now, or you're going straight to hell!"

Omege: "E-123 OMEGA! THAT IS AFFIRMATIVE."

• Thumbs Up 7

Metal Sonic I can definitely see making an appearance in this game since he's super popular and would probably look really cool Boom style. The latter two though...

post-23319-Lion-King-Timon-NOPE-gif-Imgu

I mean I'd like to see the Deadly Six return but they are recent, were introduced in a meh game, don't have such a great backstory attached to them (which is a shame if you ask me) and we'll most likely see them in the next Sonic Team game or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've a feeling this series will just make their own villains than trying to stuff everyone into it. I suppose there's a chance they'll take some of the popular "dark" heroes and let them be villains, like Shadow and Rouge -- but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

And I really doubt Mephiles will be in. And personally, I don't want him in. I didn't like Mephiles, he screamed "fan character."

For the most part, ya I see it mostly new with a couple staples, but could see a forgotten one or two getting retooled as well. As you guys know I'm a bit of a Nack/fang fan, and well they proably at least know he exists(Chris Senn was on the team that was developing last game with him in it, albeit a cancelled game), but I will keep my hopes low, and hope to be pleasantly surprise

See, I know the deadly six aren't gonna be showing up. Why? Because this game started development before Lost World (at least, before it came out).

As for Metal, if he doesn't show up then nobody other than Eggman should. He's the second most prominent villain in the series if I remember right.

And Mephilies? Hah, no. He could have been an interesting character, but his actions in 06 and the quality of the game as a whole pretty much doomed him from the start.

But, I do see some likelihood in the Babylon Rogues showing up, as well as Nack/Fang.

A personal favorite of mine is Void, although I don't expect to see him anytime soon.