Awoo.

New Courage the Cowardly Dog

nintega137

There is a new cgi animated episode of Courage coming out called "The Fog Of Courage" Here's a preview http://couragefan09.tumblr.com/post/84200039784/preview-of-the-courage-the-cowardly-dog-short-get So far despite the animation, I'm actually really liking the look of it. Plus courage, while not an entirely cg show did use it on occasion and this one actually looks pretty good in my opinion and it doesn't really distract me. I loved the show growing up so naturally I'm going to watch it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Lol Stupid dog!!

I loved this show, I'll probably watch a bit of it but its not too exciting.

New Courage the Cowardly dog is fucking ace. I loved the original, and I'm not even upset about it being CGI.

Only thing though, didn't Eustace's Va die? It's gonna be weird hearing "STUPID DOG" in a different voice.

Edit: If CN is doing this for all their old shows like PPG, then I'm all for it. New Ed Edd n Eddy and Johnny Bravo please.

• Thumbs Up 2

I knew that clip would lead to something, glad we finally get a new courage though.

That preview clip was pretty awesome! I don't mind it being CG, as long as I get to see more Courage.

Huh. Never was a fan of Courage, and hearing that this would be CG just made this think it would look awful. The animation is a bit weird, but I'll peg that as me simply not being used to it. In actuality it looks rather nice! Colour me impressed.

I'm not really liking this. The speed of the jokes and Courage's expressions do not translate very well. Its very well designed but it needs to be animated waaaay better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only thing though, didn't Eustace's Va die? It's gonna be weird hearing "STUPID DOG" in a different voice.

Edit: If CN is doing this for all their old shows like PPG, then I'm all for it. New Ed Edd n Eddy and Johnny Bravo please.

Eustace had two different VAs in the original show, the second one is still alive.

And there was a Johnny Bravo special a few years back where he went to Bollywood.

Courage works for CGI because it's the kind of show that had limited set pieces and characters. It was usually just courage and his family dealing with some scary issue in their household, so the show wouldn't be limited by the issues of many TV CGI shows.

Eustace had two different VAs in the original show, the second one is still alive.

And there was a Johnny Bravo special a few years back where he went to Bollywood.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. The movie that was done in flash back in like 2010. It was alright if I remember.

Still has the same style, vibe, atmosphere, etc. as the old Courage! Honestly, I have no complaints about the CGI. It looks nice. True, the old show did use CGI every once in awhile, but I can only remember them using it in situations where they wanted to make something look creepy. Also, didn't they use stop-motion animation once in a scene involving a screamer with a girl playing a violin? I can't remember the name of that episode, but I know it happened. Other than that, ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! TOOT-TOOT!

Feels just like the original show! It's amazing how the voice of the ghost here is just like creepy voices from the original show.

Reminds me of the CG from the episode with the computer virus. I really don't mind a lower budget, as long as the stories are great. I'd rather them focus on that.

Still has the same style, vibe, atmosphere, etc. as the old Courage! Honestly, I have no complaints about the CGI. It looks nice. True, the old show did use CGI every once in awhile, but I can only remember them using it in situations where they wanted to make something look creepy. Also, didn't they use stop-motion animation once in a scene involving a screamer with a girl playing a violin? I can't remember the name of that episode, but I know it happened. Other than that, ALL ABORD THE HYPE TRAIN! TOOT-TOOT!

This new quoting system is weird to me. Anyway you mean this scene

From the episode "In the big stinkin city"

I actually posted this in the Cartoon Network topic... like a month or two ago.

thats okay im used to being unnoticed around here...

But as I've said in the previous topic, I'm surprised how well it translates into CG. I've also heard that if this short is successful enough, it could launch a new Courage the Cowardly Dog season. I'm liking what I'm seeing, so I'm absolutely fine with a new CG series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty excited about this. CGI doesn't really matter since that clip shows it looks like it's the exact same styling as the show anyways apart from the 2D/3D shizz. Courage was like my favorite Cartoon Network show during it's time so it's awesome to see moar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooooh. I really like the look of this. Looks like what Courage would really be like if he was translated to modern day. Hopefully it'll retain the charm of the original. 

It might be CGI, but it appears to retain the charm of the original series which I'm liking so far! I can't wait for this to come out!