Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Okay that was seriously the highlight of my day. Thanks goku for the laugh. And the guy at the end SUCKS! I could have killed that guy faster. Btw the new 'KILLING SPREE' voice is used. And well.....since it's still not finished I'm not going to comment yet.

New? its still the same old announcer, he was confirmed doing voice work for halo 4 on facebook.

• Thumbs Up 1

New? its still the same old announcer, he was confirmed doing voice work for halo 4 on facebook.

New as in it sounds different. Not sooo Halo like if that makes sense.

Picked up the new issue of Official Xbox Magazine UK. Here's their exclusive 10 page Halo 4 feature:

dqyL0.jpg

a6gnP.jpg

k39h6.jpg

Z9UqC.jpg

FgEsT.jpg

v3v6w.jpg

N27T0.jpg

tinJR.jpg

EGvim.jpg

7WCWk.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's Official Xbox Magazine UK Issue 85 May 2012.

• Thumbs Up 6

I know its outside your usual sonic magazine scans but thanks shadz for pleasing this small Halo fanbase here. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I know its outside your usual sonic magazine scans but thanks shadz for pleasing this small Halo fanbase here. :)

No problem :) I've done non-Sonic scans for people here on the SSMB before. I love this community, so I don't mind helping you guys and gals out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgot to post this...

The Halo Bulletin: 4.25.12

Topics Include:

~You got your Halo in my news - A catchup of Halo 4 in the media

~Halo 4 Concept Art Premium Theme Details

~A Halo 4 Multiplayer-focused Extravaganza: The Text Version

~Halo Reach May Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Custom Challenge of the Week

~Super Jackpot Weekend

One question I see them avoiding is the existance of another forge world in Halo 4. I haven't seen them talk once about forge.

Edited by goku262002

Sooooo maybe they decided to take it out of the game?

That would be the stupidest idea ever.

• Thumbs Up 5

It really would be, Forge is one of the reasons I love Halo.

They're probably just waiting for the right time to talk about it though.

This statement is true. Forge helps Halo so much. It gives it something that modern Shooters don't have.

And what's funny is that "stupid" a fucking understatement.

That's the ONE thing that makes Halo stand over COD, the complete freedom to take a map and fuck around with it to your hearts content. I can't imagine one reason why they would even bother taking it out since Halo 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

And what's funny is that "stupid" a fucking understatement.

That's the ONE thing that makes Halo stand over COD, the complete freedom to take a map and fuck around with it to your hearts content. I can't imagine one reason why they would even bother taking it out since Halo 3.

Edited by goku262002

Forge is fun. I don't want forge though to take over the freaking game like it did reach though. If the game ends up like reach with every map having the exact same tileset.... no thanks :|

• Thumbs Up 1

Forge is fun. I don't want forge though to take over the freaking game like it did reach though. If the game ends up like reach with every map having the exact same tileset.... no thanks :|

Exactly this, forge is good I guess, but when you only have ONE tileset and ONE background, i gets pretty shit!

They need to add different locations/backgrounds, a choice to make it night or day and a choice between different tile sets, imagine making an aztec emple in a desert area or building a futuristic structure in a jungle? So much more fresh ideas would spawn!

• Thumbs Up 2

What locations? its all going to be VR on a battleship, its not like you will be going anywhere outside of Infinity. it'll most likely be a foundry clone if forge is still in.

Well as long as he doesn't bring the Covenant along with him, I'm good.

But this is suppose to be somewhat an origins story? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to tie in with Halo 1?

Well as long as he doesn't bring the Covenant along with him, I'm good.

But this is suppose to be somewhat an origins story? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to tie in with Halo 1?

Huh? You talking about the LA ads or Halo 4?

The Arsenal Of Halo 4 (GameInformer)

Yeah yeah nothing new to se-

H4_railgun_sm-copy-w1280.jpg

RAILGUN

DESIGNATION: Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920

MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike.

...Whoa. Rocket Killer anyone?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my. Rocket killer would be the right phrase to use. That gun looks like it is going to be very broke in Halo 4.

Likely balanced by limited ammo, no zoom, and no lock-on capability. Possibly also a charge time ala Spartan Laser, and possibly a weight increase that limits the full use of Armor Abilities, in particular Sprint/Combat Roll and Jetpack.