Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Huh, I haven't really gotten into Halo since Halo 2 came out eight years ago, but this looks refreshing to say the least.

Its just a more controllable Evade, don't see the problem with it other then why does it NEED to go 3rd person when it can just stay in 1st like Evade. the gameplay thats being shown doesn't do it justice in my opinion.

Ragna: Really? wow thats a long time. you should play catch up and try out the other titles.

Edited by goku262002

Ragna: Really? wow thats a long time. you should play catch up and try out the other titles.

OH sure, just lend me your 360, and I'll be happy to do that. :I

Its just a more controllable Evade, don't see the problem with it other then why does it NEED to go 3rd person when it can just stay in 1st like Evade. the gameplay thats being shown doesn't do it justice in my opinion.

Actually evade shot you farther than Thruster pack and evade gave you a 2nd roll. Thruster pack is just one small boost in one direction. Not really need when you have sprint, jetpack or any other thing. Seems like I'll be running P vision and infinite sprint or extra grenades. And yeah I agree, the need for 3rd person is pretty stupid.

Edited by Eternal X

Actually evade shot you farther than Thruster pack and evade gave you a 2nd roll. Thruster pack is just one small boost in one direction. Not really need when you have sprint, jetpack or any other thing. Seems like I'll be running P vision and infinite sprint or extra grenades. And yeah I agree, the need for 3rd person is pretty stupid.

From the gameplay I've been seeing, the Thrust looks like its controlled much like Sprint or Jetpack so maybe you can control how much distance you can go. like I said, the gameplay I've been seeing is having people using it in short bursts.

OH sure, just lend me your 360, and I'll be happy to do that. :I

Aww no can do there buddy, don't know where you live for starters. but if you're ever in the Quartz Hill, CA area, feel free to drop by and co-op with me! :)

Edited by goku262002

From the gameplay I've been seeing, the Thrust looks like its controlled much like Sprint or Jetpack so maybe you can control how much distance you can go. like I said, the gameplay I've been seeing is having people using it in short bursts.

Very true. All of the gameplay videos show short bursts of it. Soo maybe it is just a short burst. But if it's a long burst like the jet pack then that would be pretty great. But as of now, I'm running with a BR, DMR, extra grenades and P vision.

Ahh crap your my worst nightmare because I'm a short range type! D: more 'nades sound good though and I'm definitely using regen for awhile!

Why?...

z7Vsk.png

NOW I'LL SHOW YOU!! HAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*Ahem* ok back to srs stuff:

How Halo 4 Is Now Pissing Off Its Japanese Fanbase (kotaku)

The Japanese equivalents of Steve Downes and Jen Taylor are getting replaced! after 10 years of working on Halo. I can understand the JP fanbase being soo ticked off, first off when you get a VA role there your basically it for life having them replaced is such a big insult. second its like Steve or Jen getting replaced, we would throw such a hissy fit too if we didn't hear Cortana and Master Chief the same way were used to.

Damn, just really sucks for them.

Anyways,

The Halo Bulletin: 9.5.12

Topics Include:

~Let’s talk about PAX, baby - PAX 343i recap

~Halo 4 CTF - more details

~PAX Prime Q&A

Wheres the Custom challenge of the week and Super Jackpot weekend?! Reach isn't dead yet 343i!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I had any reason to avoid this game....that went out the window. HALO 4 is a must buy now. If Halo 4 lives up to all the hype it has right now, 343 will be on my list of amazing game companies, with Ubi at the top.

Such a shame that you know that this is the only game series that makes you wanna buy the next console, but then you get reminded it's not really worth it for 1 game series when the rest of the exclusivity games are either timed or you literally can get the same experience on other platforms including PC :(.

The Halo Bulletin: 9.19.12

Topics include:

~Au is on the horizon - 343i recap

~Halo 4’s Covenant Weapons - more details from trailer (below)

~A breakdown of the different editions of Halo 4

Aww, FOTUS/Unicorn Head armor is console only?! that blows. :(

Also this:

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what to think about the terrible dubstep in that last trailer, but my god all that footage makes me wanna play some halo

I'm sure they will release a non-dubstep version like they did with the UNSC weapons roll. I would just like to hear weapon noises esp. that new fuel rod.

The Halo Bulletin: 9.19.12

Topics include:

~Au is on the horizon - 343i recap

~Halo 4’s Covenant Weapons - more details from trailer (below)

~A breakdown of the different editions of Halo 4

Aww, FOTUS/Unicorn Head armor is console only?! that blows. sad.png

Also this:

I wanted to post that! Damnit goku. I'm going to teabag the fucking shit out of you for killing my buzz!

*drops pants and teabags goku* BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!

• Thumbs Up 1

An embargo was lifted today, tons of new infomation floating about. Halo4follower will catch you up on some of it:

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was an embargo? Psssh. Even with the embargo, we were still getting a good amount of info.....That campaign stuff looked mind blowing great.

I'm surprised this topic is still going what with only goku and External posting, but hats off to you goku for keeping this updated!!!

Personally I won't touch any of the videos, I want the fresh feeling of knowing nothing about the game when I play it, no expectations. This will hopefully be good.

On the other hand, there's a Halo 4 marketing competition in co-operation with Mountain Dew Energy to award 4 winners the chance to win a trip to the Halo 4 HQ, 40 chances per day to win a copy of Halo 4 and 100+ chances a day to win Halo 4 avatar stuff. There's codes on the back of the labels which you can build up in preparation of 24th September!!! It's also to launch Mountain Dew's new flavour titled "Game Fuel" (in reality it's Citrus and Raspberry). I think it's a UK-only kind of deal though but anyone that lurks and is interested, go ahead!

399006_10151154336005772_268090473_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3