Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

The Jet is acceptable because it's used in outer space (LOL that would have made a pretty kool gametype). But the mantis, Banshee, Hog, Ghost, and other vehicles dont. Sure the elephant is a big base...which is acceptable. But the Mantis is just a walking mech. It can take hits from Banshees (fuel rod) and full shells from Tanks. That doesn't make sense. It's by far the 3rd stongest vehicle in the entire series....that's playable. Elephant and that space ship being at the top.

It just doesn't make sense that a Walking mech can compete with a space ship. Or maybe I'm just over thinking this. Either way that thing will get nerfed. All players know it.

Going into halo lore for a second, it could be possible that these Mk. 7 suits have Halsey's purposed idea that the shielding could be covered to other objects, the hardlight shield was an idea she had in her journal after she saw the Jackals using their shields.

To add to that in ODST, we did see an Engineer cover a non-military elephant with a weak shield to protect it from the onslaught of covie attacks and since Engineers are allies with us now its possible that they shared their knowledge with us on how to do this.

Or it could be just that the Mantis has its own shielding energy system like the Jet did. Either way you look at it, this thing can take a beating before its shields are down so plasma pistols are going to become a real big thing on that map.

Footage of a new map, Abandon:

That beat down at the VERY beginning was sick. Sprint sprint, thruster, beatdown.

Footage of another new map, Meltdown:

*Sorry folks, just wait for IGN*

Edited by goku262002

Well I did enjoy the first part of Forward Unto Dawn.

I did think it was weak on covenant fight and master chief(he's not suppose to be the lead character right?), but it was the first part so it's acceptable.tongue.png

And it really makes wish for a full feature film based on halo.

The Halo Bulletin: 10.3.12

Topics include:

~Halo 4 goes gold - 343i recap

~Flood - full details on new gametype

~Abandon - full details on new map

~Halo 4 Soundtrack Remix Contest

~Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

~Office of Halo Intelligence: Part 11

Well guys since IGN keeps pulling videos off youtube fast, I'm not bothering trying to keep looking for the leaked videos. but they did release the Flood gamestype video the other day:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/02/halo-4-flood-multiplayer-mode-walkthrough

And they did release the Valhalla 2.0/Ragnarok walkthrough:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/04/halo-4-ragnarok-multiplayer-map-walkthrough-with-343i

Just keep an eye on their youtube feed or something.

Awwww shit. In one month I'll be teabagging people in Mechs. Do you guys realize how amazing that will be?

Jeez...

I fucked up something REAL bad yesterday, I'll just copy it over from HBO forums:

Hello HBO, I haven't been a member of this particular forum for long but I have been a long-time halo fan. guess I got a sob story to tell based on what happened to me today. just need to get it off my chest so I can feel alittle better.

I was doing some cleaning on my old model 360 today when I stupidly dropped the HDD on the ground. it was only about a 3 ft. drop but it hit a hard surface. I panicked and popped the HDD back in only to fear the worst has happened, my data, all of it, got corrupt. the HDD went into an "unformatted" state and from everything I was told its a lost cause to try to get anything back.

Whelp, no big deal right? just re-download the profiles and get your download/purchase history back right?

...Well you see HBO, I'm a particular weird case.

First off I like to link you to a Bungie.net thread I made:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=44105582

So you see based on that story, I've have had a bad case of account corruption for awhile.

Anyways, you see since the account was corrupt the ONLY (and I mean only) way to get anything I lost today was to access it from the console itself which is now gone to reformatland, where data goes to die.

So after having a mental breakdown and crying my eyeballs out like a 20 year old little baby, I realized I only have myself to blame and looking back on it and based on the events of what happened today, I should've known better then to keep it or at least back things up, Karma must've caught up with me.

But I don't feel as bad as what I did to my younger brother and sister. my sister had her own corruption-free gold account (smart girl) but my brother used gamerguy2002 with me. all his saves, achievements, hard earned data, everything *poof* gone in 3 seconds. and worst out of all this, like a fucking idiot my download/purchase history was mainly on gamerguy2002, so everything I bought (which was probably a couple $100 in stuff) gone as well. my sister's account luckily had 1-2 items downloaded that I don't need to buy back, But A new gold account, Halo Reach, and 2 of its map packs along with allot of other stuff I'll had to grind for at my low-level grunt job to get everything back. I want to make it right, for them because they don't deserve to suffer for my screwup.

Thing I'm going to miss most right now is hopping on Reach. see I had some trouble before and I lost Reach for an entire year due to 2 discs being eaten by a faulty disk drive then I caught a lucky break when I got Reach for $10 as a digital download from a friend. But I did pay off Halo 4 LE so I guess I'll just start anew in a month. oh and all the neat little extras I got along the way like the Halo CEA pre-order skull and the Sargent Johnson skin for ODST among other pre-order stuff. oh and the H2 map packs that can't be re-downloaded, God I'm an idiot...

As for gamerguy2002? well its nothing more then a year long XBL gold ghost, nobody can't transfer it onto their consoles and it can't be logged on to xbox.com or anything so it just sits there until it expires and eventually MS removes it for inactivity.

Thanks for letting me vent HBO. Your good guys for letting a damned moron moan on like this. :)

R.I.P. gamerguy2002:

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=gamerguy2002

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=gamerguy2002

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=gamerguy2002

http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Career/ServiceRecord?gamertag=gamerguy2002

Yeah so, I lost everything that includes anything Sonic too. Just feel like this is going to be one of those screwups thats going to haunt me for a long time.

Jeez...

I fucked up something REAL bad yesterday, I'll just copy it over from HBO forums:

Yeah so, I lost everything that includes anything Sonic too. Just feel like this is going to be one of those screwups thats going to haunt me for a long time.

I feel sorry for you.sad.png

But isn't your account connected to xbox live? Maybe you could download it to your xbox again no?

He should be able to recover his gamertag (if he has xbox live). BUT all the saved games are gone. Never to be seen again. Goku I feels for you.

*hands goku a very strong mixed drink*

You need this more than I do.

Oh ok, sorry.

Well you should get an external memory, and since that update even a normal pen can be one. If you save your files there the same thing wont happen again.happy.png

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Halo 4 Forge Gamespot Preview

2vkit.png

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I wanna go to space.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Neat, space. can't wait to play around in that map.

I feel sorry for you.sad.png

But isn't your account connected to xbox live? Maybe you could download it to your xbox again no?

Whelp, no big deal right? just re-download the profiles and get your download/purchase history back right?

...Well you see HBO, I'm a particular weird case.

First off I like to link you to a Bungie.net thread I made:

http://www.bungie.ne...postID=44105582

So you see based on that story, I've have had a bad case of account corruption for awhile.

Anyways, you see since the account was corrupt the ONLY (and I mean only) way to get anything I lost today was to access the profile from the console itself which is now gone to reformatland, where data goes to die.

Basically the account is unrecoverable. I lost everything.

Edited by goku262002

God I hope so...

The Halo Bulletin: 10.10.12

Topics include:

~Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto - 343i recap

~Halo 4 Progression System - full details on new ranking system

~Mountain Dew and Doritos Double XP Program

~UNSC Infinity and UNSC Forward Unto Dawn - Ship details

~Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Blu-Ray and DVD

Sweet, was wondering when the Honor the code promotion was coming back. Still have my old MD Reach bottles.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Neat, space. can't wait to play around in that map.

Basically the account is unrecoverable. I lost everything.

How is it that this can happen? All the stuff you paid for has been rendered unrecoverable? How is that?

How is it that this can happen? All the stuff you paid for has been rendered unrecoverable? How is that?

Basically when I first registered gamerguy2002 I had a power outage which in theory caused the curruption in the account. the account was severed from the main server (the .NET passport system that controls all of MS's logins) but still usable for the xbox itself and services like windows live messenger and was still able to get emails from Microsoft because I registered with a gmail account. this is what made me think the account was ok when I got my power back and checked my email.

Like I said I was a rare and very unique case, a 1 out of 1,000,000 type of thing. so much so the techincal support asked me if I could use my case to further research this odd problem, I literally went through about 5 tech support people when I first called about the account and they were all dumbfounded. I was flattered but still pissed that I couldn't get the Halo 3 Recon Armor at the time.

The account just became a shadow basically, there but not really there wasn't able to fully interact with other MS services but still able to use whatever the Xbox offered. now it just sits there forever in limbo not even assessable to hackers with only Microsoft itself to actually login to it, might as well just give it to them or let them know they can do whatever they want with it, be a shame to close such a rare occurance.

Edited by goku262002

I had a somewhat similar issue with my old account that had been around since 2002 or so (give or take), except it involved being logged into both my old Xbox and my new Xbox at the same time during the "carryover" process, which I performed at some point in early 2006. I have no idea how the hell this happened, but now whenever I try to use the account, both of my Xboxes claim the profile is corrupt. Recovering the account apparently lands me with the same profile data, as the same shit happens when I try and sign on again

Edited by darkhaven3

Woah.....As a fan of the Halo series, I'm disappointed in the idiots that stole then torrented the game. Really? You guys could not wait another month to play this? I really do hope all of those idiots get sued.

The best news in that whole video is that people can now join mid game. This is like epic for halo and is definitely going to improve multiplayer when you're matchmaking with randoms.

Nothing else in the video is particularly shocking. Looks like good ole halo

• Thumbs Up 1