Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

STOP EVERYTHING!

One of my female friend's just offered to buy me Halo 4. Uh what do I do? Shit I'm going to be late for work. OH MY FUCKING GOSH!

Accept it? Is there any doubt?

Be a Spartan and stick your Energy Sword in her Halo.

Hahahhaah! Did I just read that?

• Thumbs Up 5

IGNwith the Halo 4 Review

Got a 9.8

Cortana once asked Master Chief what would happen if he missed his target, and in the single greatest line of dialogue in Halo history, Chief replied with the coolest, calmest confidence, "I won’t."

With Halo 4, he doesn't.

Thanks Joshua for letting us know!

Edit: Nevermind, the page didn't load Shad's post for some reason

Edited by Nintendoga

And for a brick, he flew pretty good.

Gonna have to get my 360 fixed now. No excuses anymore. I may have only owned Halo 2, but this greater focus on storytelling is making me want Halo 4 so, so much.

IGN did a video review as well. Halo4follower goes through the details (spoiler free).

Looking through the videos....wait. Gears 3 is the best looking console game I've ever played. (I've played Uncharted 2-3, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3, All Assassin's Creed games, Mirror Edge and even Killzone 3.) Did they just say this is probably the best looking CONSOLE game on the market (or EVER)?

343 Industries are honouring the memory of a teen fan by listing his name in a special section of Halo 4 titled “Heroes Never Die.”

cade-ainsworth-bungie-hq-550x308.jpeg

Cade Ainsworth, a 16 year old Halo fan from Gluckstadt, Mississipi, was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer at the age of 14 years old. His mother, Dianna Ainsworth, spoke about how his favourite gaming franchise gave him something to live for and how “It gave him a chance to be the hero and win at something when he had no control over anything in his life”.

When 343 Industries learned about Cade’s illness, they invited him out to the headquarters to spend a day with the team in what his mother called “the best day of his life”. There were also discussions of shipping an advanced copy of the latest installment to him, however about six months after Cade went into remission, his cancer returned and he tragically passed away on July 12th.

On the news of his passing, 343 once again contacted Cade’s family and informed them that they wanted to honor Cade permanently in his favourite series by listing his name in a special section of Halo 4, titled “Heroes Never Die”.

“He could be just Cade in a video game. He wasn’t sick. Cade wasn’t bald-headed. He was just Cade,” Dianna said. Thanks to the folks at 343, Cade can still be “just Cade in a video game” while his memory also lives on in the parents who still keep his room ready, just in case someone wants to play.

Heroes never die, they're just missing in action.

• Thumbs Up 6

Thats pretty cool for them to do. so is it going to be an easter egg in-game or just a special menction in the credits?

Bump.

The Halo Bulletin: 11.1.12

Topics include:

~Halo 4 Review Round-up

~Experience Halo - 343i trip recap

~Section 3 - ???

~Halo 4 Pre-launch Q&A

So wait, title updates are going to have more meaning then just bug updating now?! sweet!

• Thumbs Up 1

*quote in a quote*

Heroes never die, they're just missing in action.

That may be one of the best things a gaming company has ever done for a fan. 343 has officially earned my eternal respect for that.

How would you guys feel about hosting Custom Games lobbies somewhere down the road? If people get as creative as they did in Reach I think we could have loads of fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got the game through the mail this morning and have been playing the campaign currently on Chapter 4.

Wow! This game so far is fantastic! The story is really good so far. Having Master Chief and Cortana back is great smile.png The first chapter is pretty amazing to start the game with.

The sound design oh man it's outstanding! The weapons sound so much better this time around. I always look forward to using the DMR now. The soundtrack feels way different to Martin O’Donnell’s work and I’m loving it. It's pretty much movie quality.

Gameplay is just as great as the other games. The weapons feel balanced and I find myself running out of ammo way more than past games. The Prometheans are a great new addiction to the series and they put up quite a fight.

I'll give the online multiplayer a go after I finish the Campaign. So far this is a great game. It's not often I can give such praise to FPS's as I’m not big on the genre but Halo finally feels fresh again and I can't wait to play more.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

How did you get it a day early? who the hell is breaking street dates?!

just be careful with spoilers, we all are waiting patiently until we can get our own copies.

How did you get it a day early? who the hell is breaking street dates?!

just be careful with spoilers, we all are waiting patiently until we can get our own copies.

I ordered it from ShopTo. I usally get games a day or 2 early from them.

Looks like Halo 4's Metacritic score got pushed down quite a bit due to a recent review from Quarter to Three.

http://www.quarterto...e-it-should-be/

1/5, which equates to 20 on Metacritic.

Who the hell are Quarter to Three? It looks like some basic blog someone made in a day rather than a press site blog, so why is Metacritic counting their review?