Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

The elites look butt-ugly. maybe its the armor throwing me off...

I think it's the face actually. Was kinda used to how they've always had it. Maybe I'll get used to it in time.

I'm a little disappointed that the elites aren't playable in multiplayer, or is that just a specific area in multiplayer?

Whos knows, Frank just left that cryptic message above at the HBO forums. I'm more disappointed in the lack of firefight, sure it may have not been around since the beginning and it was a copied idea from gearsofwhatever, but hell it was fun to fight hoardes of enemies in fun environments i just can't believe they considered just throwing it away now.

Edited by goku262002

Well the entire game sure seems more futuristic than the other ones.

I'm still a little confused from the little I saw of the game.

All I'm gonna say now is that I only see two outcomes for this game.

1. It will be a big hit, a wonderful game. Or 2. Its going to be a big flop, and receive mediocre or poor reviews.

Since its halo its gonna sell well and I really like the other games so I'm hoping for the best. But I have this feeling...I don't know...

Graphically (from the scans) this game looks amazing. Did 343 finally push the 360s power to the max? I hope so. As for the ugly Elite and lack of Elites in Multiplayer....I'm actually okay with both. I mean in the Halo movie thing, the elites were freaking ugly, and they've always been ugly since H1 so seeing them uglier than ever is great. Now for Multiplayer w/o elites YAY. In H3 it made the game a bigger pain since the elites had weird smaller heads and it was harder to kill in....lets say SWAT.

So far I'm impressed and I'm sure I need to get my HD tv back along with reserving the game.

Now for Multiplayer w/o elites YAY. In H3 it made the game a bigger pain since the elites had weird smaller heads and it was harder to kill in....lets say SWAT.

That was fixed in reach by having elites segregated from normal playlists and having their own types of games. you should know that since you played reach and all...

Edited by goku262002

That was fixed in reach by having elites segregated from normal playlists and having their own types of games. you should know that since you played reach and all...

Sorry, I haven't played that game type in a long time.

Sorry, I haven't played that game type in a long time.

Can't say I blame ya, I try and avoid Elite Slayer as much as I can, but unlike you, I find it a bummer that no Elites will make multiplayer in Halo 4, though it's not a bummer for me, I find it's pretty sucky for the people who DO wanna play as Elites.

People like to have a choice and Elites mixed it up a little, even if they wouldn't be in the same setlists as Spartans in Halo 4, why don't they even get the same treatment they did in Reach?

I've played Halo 3 back in the day, Elites were easier to kill than Spartans IMO, Reach created modes to seperate the Elites from the Spartans, which was nice and with the nice addition of Invasion, you could face against the Elites in combat. But with no Elites in Halo 4's multiplayer, what modes and setlists will we get online now? I can't imagine us getting a Spartan vs Spartan Invasion, that defeats the purpose :/ We'll possibly get less setlists too?

I was considering leaving this series behind, as I've grown tired of most modern FPS franchises and Halo is no exception, but some changes in Halo 4 make me wanna get into it again. And some other changes make me want to pass it up.

I personally don't care about playing as Elites in multiplayer, I never enjoyed that too much anyway. Though I can see why some people would be disappointed at that.

Spartan Ops seems like a welcome addition, especially since they have their own story cutscenes to go along with the objectives. If time and care is put into that mode, it could be great.

But why the hell are they getting rid of Firefight? That was one of the best new additions to the series! Taking on a crapton of enemies with some buddies was one of the most fun Halo experiences in a long time. Getting rid of it is a huge, HUGE mistake, and it's one of the reasons I may not pick this one up.

Yeah it certainly dents my experence I rarely go on multiplayer anymore I leave it to my brother to rank up I really liked firefight when its solo or a team up online. I'll still get it I'll probably just be playing allot less then the last 3 games. Spartan OPS doesn't even sound interesting to me I've already been there, done that with Turok 360 but I'll have to see it action before I make my final call.

When I first saw these in my issue of GI I thought "Is it really still on the 360?" Then I remembered how freaking good Crysis 2 and Gears 3 looked. People can not say that the 360 sucks graphically anymore.

I'm still kinda worried about the multiplayer. I'm okay with loadouts but why keep armor abilities? I'm sure 343 gets many complaints about those all the time (mainly camo and armor lock)

I'm still kinda worried about the multiplayer. I'm okay with loadouts but why keep armor abilities? I'm sure 343 gets many complaints about those all the time (mainly camo and armor lock)

Well, I never really use Camo, but it can be seen as the campers tool, active camo & sniper = sorted! But sinc they're adding an armour ability to scope out campers, that counters the camo-campers.

As for Armour Lock, I find nothing wrong with it, realisticlly it's only good for stopping vehicles (mainly ghosts :P ) and rockets but it does have its disadvantages, so I donno why it should be taken out, the way I see it, if your crying for 343 to take out Armour Lock, you obviously can't take getting owned when you try speeding into players.

Wow when I saw something was posted today, I thought this was posted.

Ex-Massive Attack Producer And Batman Composer Unite for Halo 4 Soundtrack (Kotaku)

So appearently they need an ex-band producer and a movie composer to replace 1 guy.

Also, Remember when they said there going to try to keep some of the tradional themes, yeah they lied:

"We respect absolutely what [O'Donnell] did, and obviously these iconic themes are very close to gamers' hearts," Dunkley told Edge. "So we all listened to what he'd done, and I think you'll always be on a hiding to nothing if you're trying to pastiche that. Instead, we wanted to take that to another level... Hopefully the Halo fans will see that we're being respectful, but we've also taken it somewhere else, and maybe onto a higher plane. If you're always trying to reference back, you're not creating new things."

Gee, just more surprises keep coming don't they?

But before you throw a shitfit, take a listen:

Not that bad to be honest, Nothing marty o'donnell amazing but its not bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

As for Armour Lock, I find nothing wrong with it, realisticlly it's only good for stopping vehicles (mainly ghosts tongue.png ) and rockets but it does have its disadvantages, so I donno why it should be taken out, the way I see it, if your crying for 343 to take out Armour Lock, you obviously can't take getting owned when you try speeding into players.

It's more or less that I'm tired of seeing the same ol' players armor lock. It's old. I want the series to advance, not pull a COD/Activision and stick with something lame. Armor lock is probably the weakest ability out of the joint. And it's fairly stupid.

"OH no! I'm about to get rocketed. Let me stop that by Armor locking then pop out untouched and disable your shields so I can noob punch you". No. Or even better...

"I'm getting jumped by a group of DMR/BRS. Time to armor lock.........Oh shit I ran out" It slows the game down.

I use to be annoyed by jet packs too but it's so easy to snipe/DMR them out the sky so it no longer bugs me. Decoy and Sprint are probably the best in Reach and I want to see both return in H4. As for the others.......Eh. And actually a vehicle has killed me while I was in Armor lock sooooo AL can suck it. 343 don't let me down.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for Armour Lock, I find nothing wrong with it, realisticlly it's only good for stopping vehicles (mainly ghosts tongue.png ) and rockets but it does have its disadvantages, so I donno why it should be taken out, the way I see it, if your crying for 343 to take out Armour Lock, you obviously can't take getting owned when you try speeding into players.

Honestly, complaining about Armor Lock translates to "OMG, I hate it because they have a fair chance!"

And these gamers are probably one of the most entitled bastards around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, complaining about Armor Lock translates to "OMG, I hate it because they have a fair chance!"

And these gamers are probably one of the most entitled bastards around.

Exactly, now it does have it's disadvantages so I donno why people complain, just because they can't get their kills from someone who uses it smartly! As apposed to someone who uses it anytime they get shot

Dissapointed that no themes from Halo 1-Reach will be returning, though the new samples don't sound half bad. I can hear some Batman-like music in there.

Screens look gorgeous, though as it been revealed who the enemy is? Are they doing something new, or pulling something out of their asses with more covenant.

So according to Halo 4 Follower, theres some big news coming to Waypoint today. I got Waypoint refreshing every minute and I'll let you guys know as soon as they post something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not only that...

The Halo Bulletin: 4.17.12

Topics Include:

~Save the date! - Halo 4's release date revealed!

~Halo 4 launch date revealed! - New RvB video

~Conan O’Brien celebrates this fall’s launch of Halo 4 tonight (4/17/12)!

~Custom Challenge of the Week

~Super Jackpot Weekend