Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Wish I could but my buddy is out of town and took his XBO with him, so I'm out. I was gonna get my own but family matters came up that exhausted those funds. good luck with your hunt guys.

Why doesn't SSMB have a spartan company yet?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry to hear about that Goku!

Well me and Peridot will train hard, become uber elite gamerz. Then we'll head to the Halo Championship, win the $1.5 million prize pool and buy you an Xbox one, thus winning your untimely affections. How does that sound? ;D 

Also sounds like a great teen comedy movie to me...Think "Noobz" but better...but I liked Noobz

• Thumbs Up 2

Then we'll head to the Halo Championship, win the $1.5 million prize pool and buy you an Xbox one

Wow, $1.5 Million for playing Halo? I wouldn't last 5 minutes against the people who train for those games.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is why we load up on Mountain Dew, Doritos and Steroids!

Steroids for the intense finger muscles required to press buttons for hours and hours with such force and efficiency!!!

Aaaaaand, the Mountain Dew and Doritos is to gain so much Double XP that'll be invincible and untouchable in the tournament!!! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Totally double posting, but I ordered a 3D print of my Spartan :P Can't wait!!!

12226938_983326848391046_816208333938536

Went for the 5 inch one as it was the cheapest and 5 inches is not to bad (that's what she said...wait!). You could also put a random wee message on the back of the base. Was gonna go for "Remember Reach" or "Finish the fight" but being that it's Halo 5, I went for "Hunt the Truth". 

Also delivery is free until December 6th :) So even though it's in dollars, it will still be sent to the UK for free seemingly :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally double posting, but I ordered a 3D print of my Spartan :P Can't wait!!!

12226938_983326848391046_816208333938536

Went for the 5 inch one as it was the cheapest and 5 inches is not to bad (that's what she said...wait!). You could also put a random wee message on the back of the base. Was gonna go for "Remember Reach" or "Finish the fight" but being that it's Halo 5, I went for "Hunt the Truth". 

Also delivery is free until December 6th :) So even though it's in dollars, it will still be sent to the UK for free seemingly :D

Oh wow, your Spartan looks really cool! I personally prefer the Recon armor, but I haven't been playing the multiplayer long enough to unlock it. I only have the scarred and regular Mark VI armor, along with the bonus Hunter you got for playing the game so early, I think.

After I beat Halo 5 on Legendary I got a PS4, so I really haven't been playing multiplayer much at all. It's really good though, I've seen a load of positive response towards it! c:

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget the xbox elite controllers they turn you into gaming gods!

You have to take pics of it when you get it I gotta see what kind of quality they make these into.

EDIT: Along with Forge the next update has the mk. 5 and M41 rocket launcher returning!

How could I forget? If it was a movie I'm sure the final opponent would have the Elite controller, then I'll have Peridot shouting in the background "You can do it Scott" as I focus all my Chi energy into winning.So much that a visual Master Chief appears. Like something from a heated Beyblade match. 

Also the Article says Mark IV, not V. Which funnily, is accurate. It's the armour seen throughout Halo Wars. Which is kinda funny, since I had a debate with myself last week about that armour, asking why it's never appeared in a Halo game since Wars.

It's nice enough to not make me moan further for the Mark V. It might also mean, they're will be another 3D print down the line ;) And damn right this topic will be getting pics!

Oh wow, your Spartan looks really cool! I personally prefer the Recon armor, but I haven't been playing the multiplayer long enough to unlock it. I only have the scarred and regular Mark VI armor, along with the bonus Hunter you got for playing the game so early, I think.

After I beat Halo 5 on Legendary I got a PS4, so I really haven't been playing multiplayer much at all. It's really good though, I've seen a load of positive response towards it! c:

Best way to get any armour is just save up for the Gold REQ packs. It's possible to get armour in Silver too, but more so as you level up. Also thanks for the compliment dude :) Scout armour is my favourite. But I haven't unlocked the actual Scout armour besides the helmet. Regardless, despite unlocking more, I haven't changed my Spartan design in a while either. 

But it makes me wish I could get a 3D print of all my multiplayer spartans from Halo 3 to present haha :P 

Anyway, Halo as a video game series is pretty good, I'm looking forward to Halo 6 whenever they make it. But for right now, I want to try out Halo 4 & 5 one of these days.

I just kind of glanced through that, but you said you've played all the Halos besides 4 and 5?

I never said I played all of them, I basically said I played most of them. The ones I played were Halo 2, Halo 3/ODST, Halo Wars, and  Halo Reach. And finally yes I've never played Halo 4 or 5. Sorry if I confused you, that's my bad. 

You've never played the first Halo? Why not?

That's a real shame. You really should play the first when you get the chance. See where it all began.

So I was finally able to try out Halo 5 over the past week and thought I'd just share my overall opinions of it.

Campaign: To be honest, I'm sort of mixed in this area. I will say that it had some of the most interesting cutscenes in a Halo game to date for me but I also felt a lot of the story didn't actually go anywhere. There were a lot of cool moments that kept me on the edge of my seat but they often never actually lead to anything big. I felt the game would often introduce a new concept only to leave it in the dust when the current mission ended. Most of the game can be summed up as "What the hell is chief doing? Ok, now what is Cortana doing?" all to come down to the last two missions holding the majority of the main plot with it just ending on a cliffhanger.

To be honest is sort of felt like a let down. I had fun playing though it but ultimately found myself let down with it all as the credits rolled. I get they were trying to do something similar to what Halo 2 did but I feel it missed the mark. Halo 2 still felt like a standalone story up until the last cutscene where as in this game literally just acts like a prequel to the inevitable Halo 6. Even most of the characters didn't really add much to the narrative as a lot of them had little to no build up before this. Add in the fact that this is probably the shortest campaign in the series to date and I can't say this was that strong of a feature for this one.

As for that ending...

Sort of gave me a whiplash seeing Cortana go from one of your closest friends up until now to what could possible be the greatest threat to human kind sense the flood. I think it's a bit too early to say if she's completely gone (or if it's even her from what some fan theories are going on) it did make for an interesting foundation for what Halo 6 could possibly be. It was also cool to see that they're going to bring back the Halos. I mean, for a series named after them they've been completely absent for a while now.

Multiplayer: Again, I'm pretty mixed with this one as well. I think the highest point this game delivers on is the gameplay. It has refined the Halo formula to the best it's been... ever. Every gametype available fills solid and fun because of it. Though, the thing is there isn't that much variety/ choice. There are multiple gametypes missing from the selection screen and even more features absent after that. I understand forge is coming later on but there's more than just that missing. Where are the matchmaking options, various weapons (gravity hammer, brute shot, ect.), and what have become series standard gametypes? It's even missing some of the original armor and emblem choices (there especially isn't an excuse for excluding emblems... I miss my drone...).

Also, I could seriously do without the req packs. Sure they don't really give anyone a special advantage in gameplay but they just make customization a joke. I hated the implementation of a random number generator in Destiny and I hate it here. It makes cool armor pointless as players don't need actual skill to obtain them, just luck. Also, breaking the armor customization down to just chest, helmet, and visor was a very lame move if you ask me. It just further takes away from the limited amount of control you had. I would have greatly preferred armor being unlockable by special achievements or in-game progress, in addition to them being available through packs. Could have made both worlds happy honestly.

So overall... I'm still very indecisive on this entry. It's definitely not my favorite title in the series but I don't quite think it's my least favorite. It does a lot of stuff really well. The gameplay is solid, the cutscenes are cool to say the least, the graphics (60fps Halo omg) are down right impressive and really show what the One can do (though I did notice a significant texture drop in multiplayer), and some of the new game modes are fun. I just think it's missing a lot of what made Halo... well, Halo. The story just doesn't carry itself as a stand alone experience, multiple features are missing, and the req packs honestly do more harm than good. Is this a bad game? No, far from it actually. It's just, it stumbles in a  lot of areas that previous entries had perfected which very troubling for me. I don't think it's the system seller Microsoft was hhoping for to put it bluntly but, it's not a bad addition if you already have the system.

So while there's no major update on the 3D print yet. I got an e-mail explaining that it'll take 2-3 weeks from order date and I'll get a tracking number when it's shipped.

But what I didn't know until now was, you get a free REQ pack code in your box too! :o that's awesome!!!

Better be a gold REQ pack for all the money you're forking over.

Speaking of REQ pack, theres a special premium REQ pack out today, costs $10 but in return you get the HCS pack and 5 rare pieces of random stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

No idea :P but there were 3 sizes to choose from which each had their own price. I went for the cheapest, as I'm just so curious to see my Spartan in physical form :D if it comes in a cool box then it's most likely staying in it haha 

I kind of wish that the armor in Halo 5 was like in the MCC. I know that sounds kind of lazy, but I hate not having my Recon armor!