Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

In recent news, my Spartan 3D print has been shipped :D hopefully not too long before you can all see the quality of it <3

You ain't kidding...

It's not amazing, but if that's what £20 has got me, then I have no real complaints :P But I'm sure I could do a better paint job. Heck my old Warhammer models have beeter paint jobs

Never really used Forge, so don't think I ever will. 

But Fallout 4 has proven that my opinion of base/map building can change!

Halo Reach now works on Xbox One via backwards compatibility starting today, if you were a fan of Reach I suggest digging out your copy and have a day of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

All they need to add now is Halo Wars all Halo titles (bar Spartan Strike) will be on the Xbone :D

Agreed, plus it would be nice if they physically re-released Reach and Wars with their DLCs to promote this.

Why the hell haven't they released Spartan Strike on XBO yet? its odd...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, they could totally release Wars and Reach as a dual pack release with all DLC, seeing as they both cover two of the first major Human/Covenant wars and it would be good for users who prefer not to download or want to play the game like it was new again :P 

I have no idea. While the PC version allows the use of an Xbox One controller, it would be nice to have it on Xbox One with multiplayer. Seems like a missed opportunity considering it was vastly improved over Spartan Assault

What do you think of Forge 4.0?

I have not tried it yet but with my experience with forge, think it's going to be amazing once I try it out.

Edited by TheBlueGuardian

Got this baby today...

for-dvd_542x305-(2)-6a98c9529b044d9f8659

Also got an e-mail notification earlier today stating that my 3D print had been passed on to my local Post Office! Here's hoping I get it the following morning :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow it's been some time since I've been on this site......

Anyways. Forge feels good. A little weird with the controls but I like it. Too bad all my friends don't like how H5 doesn't feel exactly like H1-4 (reach included).

Wow it's been some time since I've been on this site......

Anyways. Forge feels good. A little weird with the controls but I like it. Too bad all my friends don't like how H5 doesn't feel exactly like H1-4 (reach included).

Yeah, it has. welcome back!

If they mean controls isn't their a classic and Halo 4 control setting in 5? if they mean movement theirs tons of controller settings to tweak to their liking, they even added advanced aim acceleration settings in a recent update.

Got this baby today...

for-dvd_542x305-(2)-6a98c9529b044d9f8659

Also got an e-mail notification earlier today stating that my 3D print had been passed on to my local Post Office! Here's hoping I get it the following morning :P

I've been meaning to start a Halo DVD collection, don't know why I haven't yet.

Yeah please do show us, hopefully the quality will be good to standard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now Goku, would I let you down? :P I haven't watched the animated series yet, couldn't be bothered with the Halo Channel. But been buying every Halo DVD since Halo: Legends :D

Well, that's it arrived :D

]10313709_995370050520059_241998755893710

Had to use flash to get the picture as it's seemingly a little dark in my house in the morning. But that's Scotland for you. The paint job isn't excellent. Nit much different than Major Nelson's 3D print which is a good indication of the final product. I went for the cheapest/smallest one available and the height it actually not bad! Standing roughly the same height as 3.75 Inch Figures! 

Honestly in love with it and hope they keep this option as I might want more :P

Edited by Scott
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now Goku, would I let you down? :P I haven't watched the animated series yet, couldn't be bothered with the Halo Channel.

Oh man, you're missing out if you haven't seen Fall Of Reach, the series is freaking awesome. Despite it all being animated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that's it arrived :D

]10313709_995370050520059_241998755893710

Had to use flash to get the picture as it's seemingly a little dark in my house in the morning. But that's Scotland for you. The paint job isn't excellent. Not much different than Major Nelson's 3D print which is a good indication of the final product. I went for the cheapest/smallest one available and the height it actually not bad! Standing roughly the same height as 3.75 Inch Figures! 

Honestly in love with it and hope they keep this option as I might want more :P

Ah okay, but I do wonder if you get better quality if you order a bigger statue.

I still want one despite the paint quality, this is an awesome idea I wished the other Halo's had.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, you're missing out if you haven't seen Fall Of Reach, the series is freaking awesome. Despite it all being animated.

Aye,I have the book and enjoyed it up to a certain point. if I was in control though, I'd adapt the story as the first big budget live action Halo film, but animated is okay I guess. Just no sense watching it on the awkward Halo Channel when I knew it was coming to DVD :P shame the DVD doesn't come with any REQ packs though D:

Ah okay, but I do wonder if you get better quality if you order a bigger statue.

I still want one despite the paint quality, this is an awesome idea I wished the other Halo's had.

I would like to hope so :P But if your still wanting one, I'd say go for it! I don't know if they're gonna keep coming with REQ packs though..

Aye,I have the book and enjoyed it up to a certain point. if I was in control though, I'd adapt the story as the first big budget live action Halo film, but animated is okay I guess. 

If you ask me, it doesn't make sense why Microsoft hasn't invested in a big budget Halo movie to release in theaters. I think they'd make a ton more money that way, and Halo nerds would flip even harder.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aren't all REQ packs for any Halo media just bronze packs though?

If you read the history of past attempts at Halo films it just seems the stars can never align right for Hollywood and Microsoft to work together.

Oh and bad news, if you want those AXE gift sets with the Recon armor you better hurry the codes in them expire next month on the 27th (Ironic, my birthday).

Funny you mention Recon, because the REQ pack that came with my 3D Print was called an "Advanced REQ pack" though not much was in it...

WP_20151220_003.thumb.jpg.b58e54a49ebea6

Afterwards, I saved up for a Gold REQ pack an got the Recon body armour with it.

Although, after updating the game, I'm a bit disappointed to learn I have to earn the Mark IV D: Guess I'm gonna be playing Halo for a little while longer to get it!

Edited by Scott

If you read the history of past attempts at Halo films it just seems the stars can never align right for Hollywood and Microsoft to work together.

Yet, they can make awesome films like Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn & Halo Nightfall. It just doesn't make sense.

Yet, they can make awesome films like Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn & Halo Nightfall. It just doesn't make sense.

Those are self-created budget projects made to promote Halos 4 and 5 but Microsoft is no film maker and their were flaws in those movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite having flaws, I preferred Forward Unto Dawn much more than Nightfall. It felt somewhat alien to see UNSC soldiers betray each other, even in desperation. But I suppose not everyone that joins the core are going to be true men of honour. 

But other than themselves, the other enemies were these giant Worm things? Cool and all, but just make it Covenant :P Or introduce the flood in a live action capacity.