Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Despite having flaws, I preferred Forward Unto Dawn much more than Nightfall. It felt somewhat alien to see UNSC soldiers betray each other, even in desperation. But I suppose not everyone that joins the core are going to be true men of honour. 

But other than themselves, the other enemies were these giant Worm things? Cool and all, but just make it Covenant :P Or introduce the flood in a live action capacity. 

Forward Unto Dawn for the win, bro.

The worms? Weren't those the things that make up the Hunters?

• Thumbs Up 1

I donno man, I've not seen it since it came out on dvd. :P  I bought it, I watched it, I barely remember much of it. Locke was boring, he still is boring. 

Locke was boring, he still is boring. 

I've heard a lot about Locke having bad character design. What do you think?

If you mean the design of his suit, I don't not-like it. But there isn't really much personality to his character. He never strikes me as the least bit interesting. I remember seeing all the teasers and such featuring Locke in the build up to Halo 5, wanting to know who he was and why he was doing what he was doing. He seemed interesting and mysterious. But the game itself never really made me interested in him. But they don't really develop his character or Fireteam Osiris. Except for Buck obviously thanks to Halo 3: ODST

Just watched "The Fall of Reach". I really enjoyed it :D for the length it was, it really managed to authentically capture certain moments straight from the book! :o I quickly got attached and loved the more talkative younger Master Chief.

Also...

I assume the ending is the beginning to bridge Blue Team into Halo 5?

• 2 weeks later...

Hear the Janurary update is live, is that true?

Funny story HaloGAF.

So I was shopping at Wal-Mart today and saw 1 of those Christmas AXE gift packs in the clearance section for $4 (out of $27! damn it was a steal) I figured 'wtf why not free reconz and I can send the AXE crap to my brother'.

So I get home and was about to enter the code when nature hit, I guess in that meantime my cat (who I call "the orange goat") decided to hop on my bed and...tell me his thoughts on Agent Locke:

hHqWOYUl.jpg
HKsn0qgl.jpg

(Note the fact that he didn't destroy the code)

I'm getting him special cat food tonight :3

• Thumbs Up 2

I have no idea about the January update, stopped playing again like 3 days ago :P

As for the kitty! I'm not a big cat fan, having an allergy to them and generally disliking them, but goooooood kitty :3 Even the Cat knows Locke is a loser!

• Thumbs Up 1

Halo is by far the best SciFi fps I have ever played....makes me wanna play Quake 2 again...

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to hear :D probably will never notice myself as I probably won't play the game again till Halo 6 is closer to release and I feel like doing a marathon of Halo games in story order :P

You should just to see if its working okay on XBO. from what NeoGAF is saying the multiplayer is still a bit choppy but the campaign is mostly resolved.

Reach was the last Halo I played tons but Halo 4 was a bit disappointing, mp was good, singleplayer was decent. I've been planning on buying XOne for Halo 5 and some possible future releases (Sonic's 25th...). So, is Halo 5 story any better than 4? I'm also hungry for a solid Halo multiplayer. I know it's been tweaked in many ways.

8 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

So, is Halo 5 story any better than 4? I'm also hungry for a solid Halo multiplayer. I know it's been tweaked in many ways.

No, the story is very weak its actually the weakest entry into the series yet but you will get a solid multiplayer experience.

So...

"Last week, 343 Industries outlined the upcoming Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer update. Called Infinity’s Armoury, the update will include new maps, weapons, armour, skins and a bunch of tweaks and fiddles.

Speaking on Halo Waypoint, community manager Andy “Bravo” Dudynsky revealed that Infinity’s Armoury will contain maps called Urban (for Warzone Assault) and Riptide (for Arena). Urban is a variant of Noctus, while Riptide is a “remix” of Fathom.

One of the gameplay changes on the way relates to weapon despawn times. If a weapon lays unused on the ground, the timer is currently set to five seconds before it despawns. Following the Infinity’s Armoury update, that timer will be changed to 20 seconds.

The point being: if you get killed, respawn and trek back to the area where you were shot, you should be able to pick up your lost weapon. You’ll also be able to see more dropped weapons from enemies too. 343i reckons that it has been able to do this without impacting the frame rate.

Elsewhere in the update, 343i also discussed a new Forge feature coming in a future update, offered a glimpse of the new Achilles Armour Set, and had a waffle about the Halo World Championship Tour."

jan-cu-req-poster_preview-923c0a2e085045

Oh great. I still haven't unlocked Mark IV. I assume Mark V will also be a bitch to unlock D: Just let me pick my bloody armour

I saw, but I usually wait until the full image reveal before I go discussing it. so wait, how do mk. 5 [A] and mk. 5 {B} connect with eachother? they look nothing alike.

Your just noticing? Both Mark V (A) and (B) were in Halo Reach. Although I admit at the time I didn't realise there were two different types and got mad thinking they were redesigning the Mark V back in the Halo Reach days :')

master_chief_in_halo_reach_by_kattalnuva

Wait so they count this as a completely different set of armor? I thought they were just add-ons for the Mk. 5 {B}

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Mark V (B) is totally different...

latest?cb=20101212055739

It's literally the Default Noble 6 armour. So I never really saw it as Mark V. My spartan in Halo Reach has the Mark V armour that you posted equipped :P

On the plus side though, so happy about the increased time for weapons to disappear. Grinds my gears when I use a REQ, die immediately and can't get the weapon back D:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Scott said:

That's weird, bringing back the Halo 2 battle rifle when you can unlock "Classic Battle Rifle" that has the scope and plays exactly like Halo 2's battle rifle O.o

I think thats because this is the authentic BR that fires, reloads, and has the same damage rate you see in Halo 2 compared to Classic BR that still is Halo 5's BR but with a classic scope.

Also full list pic as usual:
H5-Guardians-Infinitys-Armory-Content-In

• Thumbs Up 1

On 21/01/2016 at 10:35 AM, goku262002 said:

I think thats because this is the authentic BR that fires, reloads, and has the same damage rate you see in Halo 2 compared to Classic BR that still is Halo 5's BR but with a classic scope.

Also full list pic as usual:
H5-Guardians-Infinitys-Armory-Content-In

That's a lot of stuff for a Halo game.

38 minutes ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

That's a lot of stuff for a Halo game.

Microtransactions really funding that free DLC.

I get why they don't, but I really wish the BR/DMR skins showed up when you pic one up in not warzone. 

On 1/23/2016 at 5:31 AM, Remy said:

Microtransactions really funding that free DLC.

I get why they don't, but I really wish the BR/DMR skins showed up when you pic one up in not warzone. 

I think skins can be picked up in Arena and Warzone. its variants that can't as they are barred to customs and Warzone.