Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Do you guys remember Halo Online?

Apparantly it's defunct, but that isn't stopping the guys at /r/HaloOnline from re-purposing a leaked build of the game into what's basically Halo 3 with Halo 4's models on PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/haloonline

it's pretty neato, it currently allows for server hosting, is incredibly easy to set up, and you can use forge + create game mode variants.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we know of it but glad to see El Dewrito is getting more and more outside attention. and its not entirely true its just Halo 3, its actually ODST's modified engine but the modders made it feel like Halo 3 again with those added maps.

Crosspost from the Killer Instinct thread, Arbiter is gonna join the brawl:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Boop.

New update is out, called Hammer Storm, more information here along with a bugfix list. with it comes the gravity hammer's return (along with Ball gametypes) and the return of the Halo CE pistol, seen here:

But if you noticed in the above trailer, a mode we all love from Reach is making a return ala in Warzone, called Firefight Warzone.

Heres what were in for for the next few months:

Posted Image

More info about whats coming ahead here.

When I saw the "memories of Reach" I got excited that we were potentially getting Story DLC, but guess not D: 

• 3 weeks later...

Nah don't count on it.

So, anybody watching the HCS finals this weekend? heard they are gonna show off some Warzone Firefight gameplay come sunday and theirs gonna be a special REQ pack giveaway.

On 19/03/2016 at 4:35 AM, goku262002 said:

So, anybody watching the HCS finals this weekend? heard they are gonna show off some Warzone Firefight gameplay come sunday and theirs gonna be a special REQ pack giveaway.

Nah, but speaking of such. There's a local Halo tournament happening near mines at the end of this month :P Insomnia or something. First time it's coming to Scotland I think. Was too soon to get a hold of a team. 

Hoping it comes round next year, as I'd love to enter it :D 

Also, at this stage, I still haven't unlocked Mark IV or V D: It's getting to the point I occasionally buy gold REQ packs now. But I've got almost every common and uncommon armour/helmet type! So tedious!!!

Here it is folks, Warzone Firefight!

Hope you grabbed your REQ pack also, it was avaliable on XBL for awhile but I just checked and its now removed.

Ah! Never seen it before. Doesn't look like I'm missing much. Still trying to unlock Mark(s) IV & V. Also ordered another 3D Print of the Mark VI (Scarred) armour :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sooo...Warzone Firefight dropped yesterday. anybody here playing it?

I like it, feel very firefight without that much of the chaos, I think its because the map is soo spread out.

• 1 month later...

HOLY CRAP!!!

Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition Announced for PC! (Waypoint)

From the very beginning, community creations have been central to the Halo experience. From stacking up grenades underneath an unsuspecting Warthog to multiplayer movie-making, the Halo sandbox has always been fertile soil for millions of moments and memories created for, and by, the fans.

In 2007, Halo 3 upped the ante with the introduction of a map editing tool called Forge, and quite literally changed the game forever, enabling a cascade of creativity, from new map and unique game type experiences to interactive art – all created by the community itself.

When Forge was redesigned from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, it opened the door to even more inventive community-created content, pushing the boundaries even further to give players more power and control than ever before, and removing barriers to allow for the creation of incredible, high quality maps. From the stunningly beautiful maps created by WyvernZu, to the hilarious mini-games from TurbTastic, we’ve been continually blown away with the countless crazy and creative experiences that Halo fans have made. As a famous Spartan once said, however, “I think we’re just getting started…”

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including: 

Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision and control than ever before.

Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.

Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.

Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.

If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

turbtasticgametype-10a679e5455a4eaea3f5d Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.

Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!

-  Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries

We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more. 

As always, stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com and @Halo for all the latest on Forge and rest of the Halo universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really videogame related. But still Halo related for anyone it interests. Lootcrate are going to be doing a Halo themed crate. The weirder part is, it's not a one-off crate, it's seemingly recurring - about every 2 months to be precise!

Apparently each crate will be based on certain major events in the halo timeline. Not really a fan of Lootcrates "efforts" but I may subscribe to it and see how it goes. Can never get enough Halo merch! I'm sure REQ codes and such will be included too. 

halo-lootcrate.jpg?itok=UZE2DpBM

12 hours ago, goku262002 said:

I hate that you can't buy crates separately otherwise I'd be all over this.

Occasionally you can via Past Crates Sales. But only way to really know when they happen for sure is when Lootcrate advertise said-sale in an e-mail. So being on their mailing list helps I guess. Still, if I buy it, I'll post the contents here.

Cutter looks like hes seen shit since Halo Wars 1.

So were on the Ark fighting a new type of Covenant? huh, wonder how much of this is gonna get ported to Halo 6.

ALSO OPEN BETA YES!! downloading that shit now.

• 2 weeks later...

So, let's talk bout the possibility of a Halo 3 Anniversary Edition. Could it be a thing?

A close friend and I have talked about this a handful of times, I had the idea that Halo 3's 60 FPS upgrade in the Master Chief Collection would be the best the game would ever get. But then again, it's seemingly becoming a tradition.

I'm burnt out on Halo 3, but I still continue to play it to this day. However, I know I'd fall for the game all over again if it got the remastering edition Halo 2 and CE got.

2 hours ago, ヒーロー said:

So, let's talk bout the possibility of a Halo 3 Anniversary Edition. Could it be a thing?

A close friend and I have talked about this a handful of times, I had the idea that Halo 3's 60 FPS upgrade in the Master Chief Collection would be the best the game would ever get. But then again, it's seemingly becoming a tradition.

I'm burnt out on Halo 3, but I still continue to play it to this day. However, I know I'd fall for the game all over again if it got the remastering edition Halo 2 and CE got.

This and I've dreamed of a PC version for years. I doubt it will happen, though.

7 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

This and I've dreamed of a PC version for years. I doubt it will happen, though.

*coughs*
~~~~~~~~~~~

Firefight is here, Go play it now!!