Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

You shouldn't, in fact 0.6.0 is coming very soon and it'll be a massive update so I'd go install it now if I were you.

Also theirs the official Forge and Custom Games edition of Halo 5 coming soon that will allow you to play custom games for free on PC.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Posted Image

Anvil's Legacy is the next DLC update, with it comes Halo 5: Forge the PC version of Forge with Custom games.

More info about it here and here.

Mercy and Temple footage:

Also, Here is what you need to Run Halo 5: Forge

Posted Image

On top of that, 343 is attempting to start up yet another Waypoint-like app but this time for just Windows 10. supposed to be more Forge focused though, so I'm guessing the Halo Channel isn't quite dead yet.

Finally, Action Sack is back. go try it, some real fun game types are being shown off.

PC is also getting a custom games browser (aka server browser) which is really sick! it won't be available at launch but hopefully very soon. I can't wait to try this thing out.

I'm assuming the Master Control skins are inspired by Tron? :D With the skins being inspired by Tron: Legacy and named after the Master Control Program? :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's pretty awesome nonetheless :P Have you been playing Halo 5 recently? I have for the last week and a bit, right. And playing some Warzone Firefight and at times I would unlock something like 7 REQ packs with a good mixture of Silver and Gold packs and I have no idea what conditions need to be met in order to achieve that amount of REQs. I've done it like 3 or 4 times :o But it totally helped in getting closer to the armour I want :P

Winning 5 warzone matches in a row gives you a certain amount of gold packs, the silver packs you've been getting are daily wins and the bronze are your promotion awards.

What armor you looking for?

Mark IV and Mark V :lol: I know it's most likely going to be one of the last armour sets I unlock though due to it being Legendary. But god damn, grinding for it sucks <_<

I'm at SR109 and I just got the Mk. 5[a] helmet, yeah those things are not easy to come by but I'm more interested in vechicle reqs then helmet unlocks. just got the ONI mantis cert. the other day, stoked to use that in a warzone match that can get past "defend the generators/armory/cores" bit. god damn randos have no idea how to defend!

On 29/09/2016 at 4:44 PM, goku262002 said:

I'm at SR109 and I just got the Mk. 5[a] helmet, yeah those things are not easy to come by but I'm more interested in vechicle reqs then helmet unlocks. just got the ONI mantis cert. the other day, stoked to use that in a warzone match that can get past "defend the generators/armory/cores" bit. god damn randos have no idea how to defend!

SR109!!? :o I'm at SR67 myself :lol: I've just been going back to the method of buying silver packs till I run out of Common/Uncommon/Rare REQ's :P I've gotten to the point where randoms and myself can actually defend the place now, no matter how many defend rounds we get. But man oh man, everyone is so stingy and don't want to use their REQ's for good weapons and/or vehicles for taking down Final Round Wardens, which ends up causing us to lose the match

Your either with low rankers or people who use their REQs like candy and have nothing to show when it matters. me, I'm sitting on high level REQs but I don't pull them out unless I can feel safe using them and they can actually improve the situation.

Pulling out a Norfang with 1 minute on the clock with 2 wardens left will not do anything but waste a REQ.

I know man. I always consider both round time and surrounding area before whipping out a Vehicle REQ. Most of my weapon REQs would only slow me down or prove useless in Firefight

Got the ONI Gauss turret and Wraith Ultra last night, which takes my collection percentage to past 80% oh both vehicle and weapon types. god damn it'll feel good to get these things out of the way so I can start building a REQ collection.

Btw, the Halo Wars 2 composers were revealed yesterday. Its not Stephen Rippy.

http://nerdist.com/witness-the-sound-of-halo-wars-2-with-two-original-songs-exclusive/

Our new composers are Gordy Haab, and The Finishing Move (Brian Trifon and Brian Lee White) with audio director Paul Lipson from the Halo Assault and Strike series (also worked on Anniversary).

Sounds like a good group and I'm glad it isn't Tom "ambiance" Salta. but I wonder why they didn't ask Rippy to return?...

• 2 weeks later...

New Halo Wars 2 ViDoc:

Blitz looks neat, but I need to try it to get a good idea of it.

Gamespot put up a Blitz preview:

• 4 weeks later...

Today, Halo: Combat Evolved is 15 years old and 343 is celebrating!

Right now if you have Microsoft Reward points stocked up and not using them, the store is giving away gold packs for 45 points each:
https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000041

Also heres what else is going on today:

Here's a quick rundown of what we've got planned for Nov. 15:

~Special Anniversary Episode of the Halo Livestream!
Tune in to Twitch.tv/Halo at approximately 3:43 p.m. PST for our special tribute to Halo. During the jam-packed show we'll have a special walkthrough of the Halo Museum, talk Halo Wars 2 with Dan Ayoub & Max Szlagor, hear about some of the team and community's fondest Halo memories, play Halo 5 with fans, talk HCS with Tashi & Strongside, take a look at the upcoming Halo Loot crate with James, answer your tweets and whatever else we end up doing when we inevitably stray from script. This'll be my very first time in the co-host seat and I'm super excited to read all of your totally positive and inspiring Twitch live-chat comments!

~Halo 5 “Anniversary Throwback” Playlist
Battle on some of your favorite Halo: Combat Evolved maps re-imagined in Halo 5 thanks to Forge and a number of super talented community builders! I've seen Uny working on these maps and they look fantastic. I also know there's excitement building externally and I want to manage your expectations by clarifying that this is Halo 5 gameplay on sweet Forge re-creations of classic maps with the Halo: CE pistol as the starting weapon.

~Free Stuff!
What kind of birthday party would it be without goodie bags for attendees!? I don't want to spoil the surprise but I think you'll dig it.

~Play with 343
Throughout the day members of the 343 team will be online playing in Halo 5's Anniversary Throwback playlist with anyone and everyone who cares to join us. Next week I'll publish the gamertags you'll want to watch out for (and you'll recognize us by the official 343 emblems we're rockin'.) We'd also love for you to join our official “Halo Club” on Xbox Live! Get more information about Clubs and the Xbox One holiday update HERE.

~Memories
We'd love to hear from you on social all day as you share your fondest Halo memories using #15yearsofHalo. We'll also be sharing reflections from members of the 343 team and community in a special Tuesday edition of the weekly update on Halo Waypoint.

Also arbys is awesome:
Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Even if your not an RTS fan, these cutscenes are gonna be stellar to watch.

Saw that earlier today. The only real thing that caught my eye was the appearance of the Halo ring. We know that Cortana is in possession of one, so it seems likely that she brought it to the Ark via slipspace. The only real question pertains to what installation it is. The prevailing thought seem to be that it could be either Installation 03 or Installation 04C.

• Thumbs Up 1

most likely its 04C, the Arc still has a job to do of putting another Halo installation out there chief didn't exactly let it finish the first time around.

36 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

most likely its 04C, the Arc still has a job to do of putting another Halo installation out there chief didn't exactly let it finish the first time around.

True, but it would be nice to move away from Installation 04. Would like to see a different Halo, personally.

New live action trailers. instead of going a grim-dark route the last 3 halo game LA trailers did, they are taking a more comedic route:

Fun little factoid about 1 of the LA Halo Wars trailers:

that was filmed where I used to live, palmdale california. that dealership is a real place called "Camacho Auto Sales", my mom and me went their once to trade in our old van it was a raw deal because they wanted a high down payment and a high monthly payment for the car we wanted just because my mother's credit wasn't up to par (bad credit OK my ass, but water under the bridge now).

Check out their Bios page on their official site:

http://www.camachoauto.com/bios.php

Atriox has an email, see if you can get a great deal on a used Chopper.