Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Its a not bad alternative for people who havent played the games. Jumping from a ps3 to an Xbox One or something :P

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy hell!

THE MCC IS GETTING AN LEGITIMATE UPDATE! Praise be the gods. this better be a fix all patch if its been nearly a 5 year wait.

• 4 months later...

So, some really cool developments have happened in the Halo hacking community as of late, the Halo 2 multiplayer alpha has been found:

• 1 month later...

Good a place where people aren't spreading misinformation.

So, 343i put out a statement about ElDewrito, they just want the HO files removed from downloads, mods not being taken down and will be re-uploaded as a separate thing. they really can't do anything about the mod now that it's out in the wild.

But, it looks like the weasels at Microsoft are doing different things like banning small time streamers from Twitch for 24 hours to stop publicity. The trailer on the official Youtube channel for Eldewrito got taken down as well, they can't stop the mod so they are trying to silence it by doing a media sweep.

This sucks of course but I understand it for the legal issues. I'll keep playing 0.6 since it will remain active and is an awesome mod. 

Yes, please do. Microsoft is not stopping anybody from actually playing it. they just want the Halo Online files removed from future downloads which has been done.

Does this mean Eldewrito's future develoment has been deep freeze'd for now? Played couple games last night and had ton of fun. The current server brower is also working really well.

For now, yes because Eldewrito made a pact with 343 to freeze development for now but let's see what happens after E3.

• 1 month later...

Halo 6(?) is here! here is the announcement trailer of Halo Infinite powered by a new engine.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jiren (Metro) said:

So um... anyone else here is a fan of the series?

I'm a big fan, played everything but Halo 5 campaign. What bugs me, though, is MS's lack of interest to bring Halo to PC. I hope Halo Infinite and games after it will change things. I've been lurking this fan project called Installation 01 very actively. It looks promising.

• 5 months later...

Well shit I thought the big news from last week would've been posted!

Yes all Halo games (except for 5 sort of) are finally, FINALLY coming to PC!

Funny thing about the Pizza bit, fans were soo happy that 343i is bringing Halo to PC that they kept sending them Pizza so much so that Ske7ch had to tell them to stop.

Anyways:

Sign up for the Halo Insider beta/flights program for PC test runs of Reach and then some in that tweet above.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad it's happening (and I kind of expected it to happen sooner or later). I like that they're co-working with the Eldewrito crew and finding ways to bring mods to Halo MCC PC version. Also love Halo Reach's customization is coming back.