Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

That railgun looks sexy.

The way I see it, it's like a cross between a sniper and spartan laser or it may very well be a replacement for another weapon. Limited ammo obviously, since many gamers knows how insanely powerful a railgun is in real life. They could have different charge levels like a Plasma Pistol with the low power being a regular shot like any other non-power weapon, mid charge for a more powerful attack, and at the highest (if you can reach it without getting shot yourself) can destroy vehicles very easily.

Hard to use, powerful if used effectively. Maybe something to give away the user so that it isn't too gamebreaking like the Laser?

So Dual Weilding is still canned. Oh well, Haven't used Dual Weilding since H3 anyways so its been quite the long time.

But wtf? no plans for multiplayer bots?! that was a great idea! they should've followed through with that instead of the "Join any game any time" thing.

Specs about some of the weapons in HALO 4 INCLUDING THE RAILGUN!

H4_battleRifle_sm-copy-w1280.jpg

BATTLE RIFLE

DESIGNATION: BR85 Heavy-Barrel Service Rifle

MANUFACTURER: Misriah Armory

The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges and in the hands of a capable marksman.

H4_DMR_sm-copy-w1280.jpg

DMR

DESIGNATION: M395 Designated Marksman Rifle

MANUFACTURER: Misriah Armory

The M395 DMR is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, marksman rifle that maintains a smart-linked, telescopic, rail-mounted sight for scout personnel. This rifle favors mid-range to long-range combat, offering impressive stopping power.

H4_railgun_sm-copy-w1280.jpg

RAILGUN

DESIGNATION: Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920

MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike.

Just posted that a page ago EX, C'mon step it up!

The Halo Bulletin: 5.9.12

Topics Include:

~Mo’ Cappin’ - recap of 343's trip to L.A.

~Meet Your Halo 4 Enemies– Part 1: Grunts

~Forward Unto Dawn Wallpaper

~Custom Challenge of the Week

~Super Jackpot Weekend

Also if you guys are curious about how the LA short is going, more pics from the University its filming at!

Edited by goku262002

Just posted that a page ago EX, C'mon step it up!

Hahah okay. But I don't want to take take over your news job. I mean you are doing such a good job at it. tongue.png

Bah, this ain't no job. I'm just an avid follower of Halo.Bungie.Org. Every morning and every night, great site I reccommend it! hell join the forums as well the Bungie and 343 devs stop by every once in a while too.

[/shamelesspromotion]

• Thumbs Up 1

HEEY! No advertising on this site. You don't want SEAN coming in here and tearing your soul out of your body.

Wait, what the actual fuck? Why do they need to have both the Battle Rifle and the DMR in the same game? Aren't they essentially the same gun? o.o;

It's interesting to note that they haven't shown off any sidearms, shotguns or rocket launchers yet, so I'm willing to bet that this isn't the entire human weapons roster. 343 would have to be suicidal to leave old regulars like that out of the game.

Wait, what the actual fuck? Why do they need to have both the Battle Rifle and the DMR in the same game? Aren't they essentially the same gun? o.o;

It's interesting to note that they haven't shown off any sidearms, shotguns or rocket launchers yet, so I'm willing to bet that this isn't the entire human weapons roster. 343 would have to be suicidal to leave old regulars like that out of the game.

Crawler and Watcher huh? shame that theres no firefight so I could fight these new enemys by the hoardes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Fans piece together potential Halo 4 box art

Posted 05/14/2012 at 5:28pm | by DAVE RUDDEN

While a pair of potential new Halo 4 enemies leaked earlier today, an official reveal from Microsoft and 343 Industries may be the most important image to hit the internet today. Halo fans across the internet received mysterious emails featuring one of 32 image fragments. On NeoGAF, the puzzle was solved in short order, with the large image below as the final product.

The inclusion of a logo and a rating lead many to speculate that the image may be the cover of Halo 4, though the size of Master Chief doesn't seem to fit in line with the more protagonist-dominated imagery on the other three core Halo games (see this NeoGAF post to look at them side-by-side). At the very least, we have a high-quality, detail-filled piece of Halo 4 art that didn't exist to the public before today.

You can see the image in its highest resolution by right-clicking and choosing "view image." What do you think of this image's cover art potential?

SOURCE: Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days [NeoGAF]

h4boxart.jpg

http://www.oxmonline...-halo-4-box-art

• Thumbs Up 6

Basically everyone's reaction right now.

Edited by Eternal X

The Halo Bulletin: 5.16.12

Topics Include:

~Your piece of the Halo 4 puzzle - Discussion about box art

~Halo 4 Limited Edition Reveal

~Must wash hands before returning to battle

Aww, No legendary? I was actually going to pre-order a legendary this time. Oh well I guess there taking a Halo 2 approach to it which is fine.

EDIT: Lawl:

13214434223122211112455.png

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

FAAWK! I didn't think you would check that site at 10am. Soooo we get DLC with the game if we get the limited/special edition? Okay. I can go with that.

Edited by Eternal X

Still not used to that BR sound, but then again this is supposed to the teh futurez so I guess its only natural for it to sound different with time.

If anybody is following Halo 4 follower, a recap of events reported the past week:

I just saw it, and holy shit that cover art looks nice. I love the perspective and all of the details that pulls your attention toward the center(ish). It's fucking lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking christ:

EB Games Canada - Artic weapon and armor skin

Play.com (UK) - DeadEye helmet skin

Best Buy - Raptor armor skin

Amazon - CIO armor skin

I hate shit like this, exclusive pre-order items all over the fucking world that I won't be able to get them all. There better be future DLC to download all these. angry.png

Uh it seems like the Best buy and Amazon links are for all countries not just Canada or Japan. So I don't see a big deal here. As for EBgames and Play.....That kinda sucks. Guess I might be pre-ordering with Best buy for the time ever.

The big deal is that for completionst freaks like me this is a total fucking nightmare. the stuff is already on the disk but just because I didn't pre-order at store A I lose out on store A's item and it never fucking releases ever so that means I have to shell out $50+ on ebay to get these codes from around the world. and there probably going be 10+ worldwide stores doing this! With Reach and previous it wasn't so bad just go pre-order at gamestop but now, just fucking jeez....I really hope 343i does release them all as timed DLC skin packs eventually.

The Halo Bulletin: 5.25.12

Topics Include:

~ Forward Unto Canada - Details about the upcoming LA short

~ The Halo 4 Railgun - Details on the new weapon

~ Office of Halo Intelligence: Part 8

~ Custom Challenge of the Week

~ Super Jackpot Weekend