Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Something that I realized. Sprint in H4 seems to be like sprint in all over FPS's.....INFINITE. There is no gauge or anything to prove me wrong.....Also I have something for you Goku since you are doing a killer job on keeping this updated for the people that care about H4.

421475_510934705602862_1670996118_n.jpg

I care about Halo 4, it's just I can't find anything else to say besides "HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS AWESOME" or "WOW, GLAD THAT'S BACK"

We all do appreciate the updates, and I'm sure there will be more discussion when we get closer to the game's release.

GAMEPLAY + COMMENTARY + SOME ARMOR ABILITIES!

That riot shield thing is interesting. And they said that the Rocket is not as powerful as it was in the past. Well compared to uhhhh another Halo game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just to catch up on whats been going on (including the video above)

[media=]

The Halo Bulletin: 6.20.12

Topics include:

~So we meat again

~Meet Your Halo 4 Enemies– Part 2: Crawlers

~Halo: Reach File Share - the NEW file share system for Reach

~Reach Custom Challenge of the Week

~Super Jackpot Weekend

About fucking time they replaced the file share system Bungie.net took down.

• Thumbs Up 5

I care about Halo 4, it's just I can't find anything else to say besides "HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS AWESOME" or "WOW, GLAD THAT'S BACK"

We all do appreciate the updates, and I'm sure there will be more discussion when we get closer to the game's release.

And I lurk on this topic quite a lot as I have nothing decent to contribute...

Little bit of a infomation leak from Expertzone (a site that gives info to retail employees):

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/06/new-halo-4-info-blowout-via-expertzone.html

Basically:

~Confirmation there will be 10 new weapons

~2 new vehicles

~Spartan Ops will be 50 missions spread over 10 weeks. "First 10 weeks free" meaning that Spartan-OPS may not stay a free DLC thing and you may have to pay for the rest after 10 weeks. (more reason not to like it in my book, at least firefight was free.)

~"Improves support to create organize and track Groups" - Possible Clans?

Edited by goku262002

Spartan OPs giving away 50 missions as DLC for free is pretty fucking good.

I'm also suprised that they're adding 10 new weapons considering that halo never usually has that many differant weapons to begin with and that's practically a complete new arsenal there. These guns, they must show them to me

I agree with Remy. That is pretty sweet. 50 missions over 10 weeks for free. That's waaaaaaaaaaay better than what Activision and EA are doing with their main FPS games.

Sorry, still can't get me as a fan of it especially now that its confirmed that I have to shell out for it I'll chore through the 10 weeks then count me out.

This is making me wonder if 343i is going to overload us with DLC everything? before it was just map packs but I have a funny feeling its going to expand to more then that and honestly I just don't have the space or money if they make armor skin, weapon, armor, and map packs. there is a limit to what a 360 game can have when it comes to achievements right? hopefully there is otherwise they just might go crazy and add new sets of achievements for every damned pack.

Thanks to Reach, I'm down to less then 2gbs. At this rate I'm going to have to shell out for a harddrive upgrade something I was avoiding because of the ridiculous prices of just a mere 250GBs.

Anyways...

The Halo Bulletin: 6.28.12

Topics include:

~ Super Crunch Time - Halo 4 developement talk

~ Longbow - more details on Halo 4 map

~ RTX2012 - Details on upcoming event

~ Comic-Con International 2012 - Details on upcoming event

~ Reach Custom Challenge of the Week

~ Reach Super Jackpot Weekend

Edited by goku262002

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356374/halo-4-multiplayer-will-require-8gb-install/

"At a minimum, you'll need at least an 8GB USB Flash Drive or an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to play Multiplayer mode in Halo 4," reads the official Xbox.com product page (via OXM). "For an optimal experience playing with an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is highly recommended."

It's possible that the recently revealed Spartan Ops campaign, which will eventually feature 12 "incremental" hours across 50 missions, will increase required HDD space even further.

Yesterday Microsoft released a teaser trailer for its live action Halo web series.

Hot damn! 8GB? I only have like 22GB left on my hard-drive.

Well all the missions they are suppose to give you need space right.tongue.png

It actually makes me happy to see that the missions they have been talking about appear to have actual content.

I'm really interested in the fact that there is suppose to be some kind of story in the multiplayer, for me it's going to make it more fun.biggrin.png

Are you fucking serious? 8GBs?! That will seriously eat away at my space, why the fuck are they demanding soo much just for multiplayer?! Jesus and I was going to install this game too.

Fucking christ now I gotta get an external harddrive just for this game, god damnit 343i.

So glad I picked up a 120 gig a few months ago. But damn that is alot of space just for multiplayer. Spartan ops better be worth it.

Made this the Halo series general topic, unless someone has a problem with that.

Halo 2 Anniversary in Development?

http://www.cinemable...ment-44329.html

The rumor, published by OXM, states that Halo 2: Anniversary is already in development. It's being handled by 343 Industries, the Microsoft-owned company in charge of all things Halo. 343 co-developed Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary with Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.

I never played Halo 2 so I would get this if true.

And I really need to catch up on Halo 4.

Edited by Nintendoga

Thanks for turning this into a General.

The Halo Bulletin: 7.6.12

Topics include:

~Explosions everywhere! - catch-up on 343i latest outings

~Infinity Slayer - more details

~Halo: Reach Matchmaking Playlist Updates

~Reach Super Jackpot Weekend

Anybody got that EDGE magazine scanned?

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for turning this into a General.

The Halo Bulletin: 7.6.12

Topics include:

~Explosions everywhere! - catch-up on 343i latest outings

~Infinity Slayer - more details

~Halo: Reach Matchmaking Playlist Updates

~Reach Super Jackpot Weekend

Anybody got that EDGE magazine scanned?

Damn I was too late. I was about to post this exact thing. And I think you forgot to mention that MLG approves of this game.

Finally, some Halo 4 Forge details!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/7/3143361/halo-4-forge-mode-in-development-at-certain-affinity

Halo 4's mapmaking Forge tools are being created by Austin-based Crimson Alliance developer Certain Affinity, representatives from the studio announced at the Rooster Teeth Expo today.

The updated Forge mode was shown off on stage during the Halo 4 panel at the event, showing off an unfinished user interface, but a ton of new user-friendly functionality. Players can now lock placed objects on the map, ensuring that meticulously-set elements can't be bumped out of place. Moving your cursor over objects highlights them green and displays their name, making it easier to manipulate singular objects in a much larger pile.

Players can easily duplicate items on the map, making it easier to build structures like bridges and roads. Objects can also be magnetized, making them connect to other objects in pre-set ways — making the aforementioned bridge-building process a breeze.

The Forge mode has an entirely new lighting system as well, allowing objects placed in the map to both cast shadows and have shadows cast onto them. Builders can also set "Player Trait Zones" which alter any player parameter (run speed, jump height, damage reduction, and so on) as they enter a field placed on the map. Certain Affinity also revealed a new object: The "Grav Volume," a field which augments or reverses entirely the orientation of gravity for anyone who steps into it.

Certain Affinity is well-versed in Halo development, having created several map pack expansions for the franchise. We've contacted 343 Industries to try and get some screens or footage of the new Forge tools.

Oh that sounds so awesome. Especially the Player Traits and Gravity Volume zones, that's gonna make maps a hell of alot more fun. Judging by the sound of it the UI is very friendly, can't wait for some footage.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Made this the Halo series general topic, unless someone has a problem with that.

Halo 2 Anniversary in Development?

http://www.cinemable...ment-44329.html

I never played Halo 2 so I would get this if true.

And I really need to catch up on Halo 4.

Halo 2 is probably one of the best looking Original Xbox games out there. If not THE best looking one.

It really doesn't need a remake. At least not yet.

Halo 2 is probably one of the best looking Original Xbox games out there. If not THE best looking one.

It really doesn't need a remake. At least not yet.

It definitely needs one in the sense of availability on console. Microsoft never even released it on Xbox Live Marketplace like they did Halo: Combat Evolved :-S

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think you can on the newer models.

C'mon, thoughts on forge 3.0? H2A is only rumor so theres no real reason to talk about it atm.