Awoo.

Endings you didn't think about: Sonic unleashed

speedhog58

Ah…Sonic Unleashed, the pioneer of the hedgehog engine, the first 360 Sonic game since the 06 incident and a story that makes Generations look like a Saturday morning cartoon…

It had a pretty happy ending to, Dark gaia’s defeated, Eggman’s sent running into the sunset (or was it tossed into the sun?) and Sonic races across apotos with Tails by his side

BUUUT what if I told you that this little gem had several rather dark ending facts?

I PRESENT-TO-YOU! 3 DARK STORY FACTS IN SONIC UNLEASHED THAT YOU FORGOT!!!

1.      Remember the first cutscene? You know, the one that constantly rubs in the fact that we’re not getting a Sonic movie? Thought so! Well if you remember, Sonic goes Super and utterly destroys Eggman’s flagship and another nearby battleship but…that’s it, all those OTHER ships are still there waiting to bring the world to it’s knees, well…unless Eggman were to be a COMPLETE idiot and turn it all into an amusement park which would be COMPLETELY ridiculous heh heh….HA HA HA HA…err…oh….

2.      Dark gaia may have been destroyed at the end of the game but if you’ve played the ps2 version there is a cutscene that suggests otherwise, in the ps2 version the professor and Amy a talking after Sonic defeates Dark gaia and the Professor says that “The darkness has not been destroyed, just put to rest” so…this means that the cycle is lightly to continue and Dark Gaia is lightly to rise again sometime around SILVER’S time and destroy the planet so Chip can restore it again, poor Silver….

3.      Eggman has MANY weapons throughout the game but there is ONE that he only ever uses once which could change the tide of any of his battles with Sonic should he use it again, on the laser cannon space station that Sonic DOESN’T destroy Eggman has a machine that both bound and separated the chaos emeralds from SUPER SONIC, he now has a weapon that can harm SUPER SONIC, that is STILL there on that ship, yeah…

This is just my opinion on plot points that could have been expanded upon, feedback would be appreciated :)

The first and last ones I think we're just not supposed to think about. God knows why Eggman built that entire fleet in the first place if his only intent was to fire a laser from one of the stations he had up there. I wouldn't imagine it was retooled to become Eggman Land or even Starlight Carnival in Colours, but that might be fun bit of head canon. And the weapon he used to drain the Emeralds from Super Sonic was pretty interesting, but again it was probably just forgotten about. I didn't give it a second thought up until now. It'd certainly be cool to see Eggman harness such technology again in the future, but of course that's not going to happen because story and continuity aren't a thing in this series any more...

As for the second point, I though that scene was in all the versions, and that there was nothing dark about it. And that Chip also explained it at one point. Dark and Light Gaia wait dormant for years inside the Earth, and when the time comes Dark Gaia destroys it only for Light Gaia to come along and fix things again. It's like the life cycle of the planet, a process that's supposed to happen. Eggman went and buggered it all up by awakening Dark Gaia before the time had come, so he wasn't fully matured and broke apart. Light Gaia too wasn't ready so he didn't know what his purpose was. Silvers future is only around 200 years into the future. He probably won't be dealing with the Gaias.

• Thumbs Up 1

The flagship was destroyed and the fleet as a whole has no one leading it considering that Eggman was on to bigger things, giving a good explanation as to why it isn't seen again. For all we know, the fleet was likely arranged as a gambit on part of Eggman to lure Sonic to him for the specific purpose of taking the emeralds in order to garner the power required to power the cannon. This makes a lot of sense when you take into consideration that Eggman had knowledge of Dark Gaia prior to this as indicated by how he outright says that he garnered the information on Dark Gaia from the manuscripts he had previously stolen from Professor Pickle. Which compelled him to create as well as garner the means necessary to free it. Why does he need his fleet when he has Dark Gaia, a far, far more destructive force and can make use of it's power to fuel his ambitions?

And there's absolutely no indication that he turned the fleet into Eggmanland.

No. It isn't. Dark Gaia will take millions of years to regenerate itself into a state that is capable of causing mass destruction, not the relatively short period of time between Sonic's time (When it was re-sealed) and Silver's time. Pickle's line there is elaboration on Dark Gaia's immortality and how darkness is as much a part of nature as light is, hence why despite it's malevolent nature, Dark Gaia is still imperative to balance.

Space Colony ARK has the Eclipse Cannon. Eggman never re-visited it after he threatened the planet with it. Given the nature of Sonic game stories as showing Eggman ever finding new means to put to use in order to subjugate the planet, previous things he made use of to do so are irrelevant to him.

You make a good argument :) When I was talking about the amusment park though I was reffering to Sonic Colours because COME ON, that park and Eggman's laser have a VERY similar shape

Light Gaia too wasn't ready so he didn't know what his purpose was. 

Really? I thought that it was because Sonic fell on him 0_0

You make a good argument smile.png When I was talking about the amusment park though I was reffering to Sonic Colours because COME ON, that park and Eggman's laser have a VERY similar shape

I do agree that Starlight Carnival and the fleet in Unleashed have a very large resemblance. Given that the bestiary in Unleashed for the Egg Fighters that use both shields and chainsaws states they are rare because they are expensive to manufacture, it seems to suggest that Eggman does have a budget and likely recycles previous creations to stick to his budget, hence why his fleet may have been used for Starlight Carnival :D

I do agree that Starlight Carnival and the fleet in Unleashed have a very large resemblance. Given that the bestiary in Unleashed for the Egg Fighters that use both shields and chainsaws states they are rare because they are expensive to manufacture, it seems to suggest that Eggman does have a budget and likely recycles previous creations to stick to his budget, hence why his fleet may have been used for Starlight Carnival biggrin.png

That makes sense, but I was talking about the station that fires the laser in unleashed looking very similar to the main amusement park in Colors, the one with tropical resort

That Army of Space ships were all just apart of a set-up to get Sonic's attention. Getting Sonic to come there was apart of Eggman's plan...he wasn't going to need the Ships at any point later on once the 1st part of his plan was completed. Only one of them would still be up there, Super Sonic destroyed the rest as he was following Eggman to the main Cannon Ship.

Dark Gaia cycle is suppose to continue, as it is explained in the 2nd to last cutscene. Once Chip(Light Gaia) is able to restore the planet, both him and Dark Gaia go to sleep for Millions and Millions of years. Silver's time is only 200 something years in the Future, there's no reason Dark Gaia would be awoken that soon.

That specific machine in the beginning of the game can only be used on something that has the power of the Chaos Emeralds and the emeralds themselves. The only way Eggman  could use it again is if the Emeralds actually had the power to drain and if he got Sonic to fall for the trap "again"...neither of those things would've happened while Eggman still had the machine, so the machine was useless at that point.

1. So he has some ships left, so what? Sonic will just kick his ass all over again. Eggman's resources don't have to be reduced to zero for the game to have a happy ending.

2. As has been said, Dark Gaia's next awakening is probably so far in the future that it isn't even worth considering. And even if you choose to do so, now that Chip/Light Gaia has experienced the world rather than just showing up afterwards to clean up, he'll likely fight to protect the planet next time as well.

3. Eggman having a device that might be able to stop Super Sonic again isn't a serious issue. If it were to happen again, Sonic would either avoid it or win in spite of it.

Really? I thought that it was because Sonic fell on him 0_0

I don't believe it was totally clear one way or another, but that always made sense to me since Dark Gaia wasn't matured either. Plus Chip had that insatiable hunger. Sonic fell on him, but that wasn't be the cause of a the problems.

Doesn't Eggman always have a ton of stuff left over at the end of each game though? That's kind of his deal. The plots of Sonic games aren't really meant to be taken at face value like this. They've always had a level of Saturday Morning Cartoon nature to them (except for Shadow and 2006, but there's a reason they don't tell stories like that any more...) with things being effectively brushed aside after each game.

That or Eggman later found Dark Gia and fixed him up so he could mess with time and fight Sonic even though he wasn't done resting.That's why he was so easy to defeat (for me at least).I even found visual similarities.

sbJ7ZrF.png

Doubtful since Dark Gaia is sealed back inside the Earth while Time Eater was found in space. 

I don't see this working.

The only way Dark Gaia actually escapes is by the Earth cracking open, and furthermore the extent of its rampage in Unleashed wasn't even at full blast considering it wasn't at full strength due to Eggman's meddling. However, there's not a single hint of such a catastrophe in Generations to indicate this actually happened, and if nothing else explains why Spagonia was in a festive mood during Generations. Point being, Dark Gaia has merely been sleeping and recharging until the next awakening which will probably happen billions of years later when it's not relevant to the canon of the series.

As for similarities to other characters, Dark Gaia is literally a larger, demonic version of Chip.