Awoo.

Beast's Fury, a..k.a., fighting furfest [PC/Mac/Linux, possibly consoles]

Teoskaven

Recently, a lot of fighting games have popped up on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, but this one caught attention for specific reasons: first, it reminds a lot of Bloody Roar in its concept, using only antropomorphic animals as characters with tons of different moves and animations. Second, it uses a 2D style very similar to the one of King of Fighters wich makes it more interesting.

Now, i'm not a big fan of furries and stuff like that, but the project itself looks nice and well constructed: i will consider if backing it up.

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beastsfurygame/keep-beasts-fury-going

minichart.png

Also, Maximilan's dog, Benny, is going to be a character (for those who don't know, Maximilian is a big follower of the fighting game genre and quite a pro himself).

Your thoughts?

I've been following this game for a while. I'm not a huge fan of the character designs but otherwise it looks alright. They already had a campaign on Indiegogo but now they're on Kickstarter to raise even more money..

I've talked to the lead developer personally and yeah, the whole project essentially started because they were a big fan of the Bloody Roar series and always wanted to see something else like it. Not sure how I feel about Benny being added. Seems kinda whack.

I still want to try it out tho' so hopefully they'll meet their goal and be able to release a demo faster. The main thing I want is more interesting characters.

Someone showed me this yesterday. If I had more money, I'd really drop a donation. Mostly due to one thing

That mafia leader shark is hilariously awesome. Especially that finishing move.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: less than one day remaining, and with still more than 10.000 $ missing, it's clear the kickstarter is not gonna make it. However, the developers commented that they don't want to give up, so we may hear more news in the future.

A shame, since the game was shaping up quite nicely: i mean, one of the stretch goals was having a raptor character called Ego voiced by Egoraptor himself. That would have been cool, especially combined with Benny.

I was kind of disappointed when I found out it was full of furries instead of being a Primal Rage throwback. Blame Saltybet.

Wow, they actually made it for the initial goal line: i didn't think it was possible, but kudos for that.

And according to a Facebook post from the developers, both Benny and Ego the Raptor are still planned despite not having reached the stretch goals (with both Maximilian and Egoraptor expressing interest in making/voicing their characters).

So basically, it was a miracle: now we have to wait for more news, but my interest for this game is still high (such a shame though it will not be on consoles).

Oh, and one more thing: when the game will come out, it has to be played someday by Game Grumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, they actually made it for the initial goal line: i didn't think it was possible, but kudos for that.

And according to a Facebook post from the developers, both Benny and Ego the Raptor are still planned despite not having reached the stretch goals (with both Maximilian and Egoraptor expressing interest in making/voicing their characters).

So basically, it was a miracle: now we have to wait for more news, but my interest for this game is still high (such a shame though it will not be on consoles).

Oh, and one more thing: when the game will come out, it has to be played someday by Game Grumps.

Oh wow really? The power of the last day rush is astounding. I have to make sure to get this whenever it releases.