Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2014 "I wanna be apart of it, New York! New York!"

Badnik Mechanic

If I'm able to attend I can just take the local MTA train to 34th Street. A cakewalk for me hahaha.

Well now that my hotel is booked, I can do a community service!

Check out all the hotels!

They range from 200-500 a night from all I can see, though there are some short-term apartments in the area that are 125/night an upward.

When in doubt, there's a subway station right next to the venue, so you can book a fair distance away. I personally want to be able to walk to my hotel room with ease... XD

The Grand Ballroom has a capacity of 1200 people, so expect about 1000 tickets as per the norm.

I totally called an East Coast location, I just knew it!!! Mwahaha! 

NYC is closer to Pittsburgh than St. Louis is and luckily I was able to make it last year, but it's still pretty far. Let's just hope I can make it, last year was an absolute blast!!!

It being in October is a bummer though, it's smack dab in the middle of my semester. Hopefully I can go to class, drive 2.5 hours from school to Pittsburgh, then catch a plane to NYC all on that Friday the 3rd… it's a stretch, but not impossible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully I can go to class, drive 2.5 hours from school to Pittsburgh, then catch a plane to NYC all on that Friday the 3rd… it's a stretch, but not impossible.

Now that's what I call devotion!

I always try to get at least one day before and one day after so I have some down time... too much travel all in one day overwhelms me.

Now that's what I call devotion!

I always try to get at least one day before and one day after so I have some down time... too much travel all in one day overwhelms me.

Me too, I get so exhausted. But it'd be the only way unless I skip class that day. I mean I could, but I hate doing that, I'm paying big bucks for those classes!

I'll have to talk to my brother tonight about if he's down for making the trip to NYC too, I ain't doing all that alone! 

Also: could this topic possibly get pinned please? :) 

Guys

If we can meetup (and for those who never been to NYC) ya'll know we have to check out Nintendo World right?

Right?!?!

Also: could this topic possibly get pinned please? smile.png

Seconded!

Guys

If we can meetup (and for those who never been to NYC) ya'll know we have to check out Nintendo World right?

Right?!?!

New York Sonic Team and Sonic New York will most likely be up for this...

I totally called an East Coast location, I just knew it!!! Mwahaha! 

Well I'm the one who begged SEGA for NE Sonic Boom on Twitter twice. TWICE. L:<

Well I'm the one who begged SEGA for NE Sonic Boom on Twitter twice. TWICE. L:<

Well goodness me without you then it would never happened

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll pray that the tickets don't sell out before I can get enough money for them. Last year's SoS sale utterly horrified me, and I didn't even plan on buying any.

*checks flights from the UK to New York*

*Checks the return flights from New York*

*See's the bill for £550 + unknown hotel cost + food/living costs*

... ... Well... maybe if I win the Euromillions between now and then I can go.

That reminds me!

If you are flying out in a group, you can sometimes get a cheaper rate from an airline. The only catch is you need to fly from the same airport, usually.

I highly recommend anyone with the money to drop for a trip to the US possibly coordinate a single flight in and out (i.e. everyone goes to the same city in the UK and flies out on the same flight from it). What with the excellent public transportation system in the UK, this might be somewhat feasible.

It sounds odd, but this is what PAX East attendees do every year. They arrange to be on the same trains in the same car at the same time. Not necessarily for reduced cost, but just so they have people to talk to en route to the con.

I'll pray that the tickets don't sell out before I can get enough money for them. Last year's SoS sale utterly horrified me, and I didn't even plan on buying any.

I doubt they will. SoS only sells out so quickly because they're free.

If these sell out, it will probably take at least a few days short of a MASSIVE marketing effort on SEGA's part.

I doubt they will. SoS only sells out so quickly because they're free.

Oh, no wonder they were out of tickets in like a fucking millisecond. How much was Boom's admission last year? I recall being told about $30 or a bit more. I hope the combined cost of the train I'll take back and forth won't be too much for me.

Ugh, you guys in the US are super lucky. ;-; I wish I could go, but plane tickets to a city I've never been to (I've only been to Florida and Washington with the family!) are pretty expensive. Not to mention I'm not sure whether I'll continue my MA in October or doing something else...gah, I dunno!

Welp, I'll watch the live stream or whatever. If they have one of course!

So, who else thinks they might very well release a plethora of Boom info at the event?

Maybe just a trailer or cutscene like last year, since Sonic Boom's gonna be explained in depth three months earlier.

I got the days off from work so I'm definitely going woo woo!

Also, somehow by then I think we're going to know almost everything about Boom (the game) since isn't the game coming out around that time? Maybe they will show a cutscene or the firs episode of the series.

Hello people of the SSMB, I bring more good news about booking rooms that aren't an arm and a leg.

x7QYYYp.png

The hotels in that area are only 150-200 a night and just outside Manhattan. There's an A/C/E subway line convenient to them, and those are the lines that serve the station right next to the venue. Of course there are also trains from Penn Station itself... it's really all a matter of preference.

I'm trying to help people get a room block together, so if anyone's interested... do let me know? Once a hotel's decided, it's as simple as asking for a proposal. Everyone has to pay for their rooms beyond that and that's the end of it.

Oh, no wonder they were out of tickets in like a fucking millisecond. How much was Boom's admission last year? I recall being told about $30 or a bit more. I hope the combined cost of the train I'll take back and forth won't be too much for me.

It was 25 dollars plus a 4 dollar service fee if memory serves.

Hopefully this year will be similar, but they were 20 plus a service fee in 2012. So I'm anticipating 35-40 dollars to enter.

And above all else...

It's New York City. "Cheap" doesn't mesh very well with that area.

So, who else thinks they might very well release a plethora of Boom info at the event?

Unlikely given most info would have probably already been mentioned. At most we'd maybe get a sneak peek at a cutscene that hasn't been shown.

I got the days off from work so I'm definitely going woo woo!

Also, somehow by then I think we're going to know almost everything about Boom (the game) since isn't the game coming out around that time? Maybe they will show a cutscene or the firs episode of the series.

I actually pondered if they'd show the first episode in full there since it's only 11 minutes.

I mean, what a better place to have the season premiere, no?

I think that tbe game would be released by then

I hope the price doesn't go up honestly. But if it does then I have be wise.

With that said how were the admission services last year? Online? Upfront?

You could buy tickets both at the event and on-site, if that's what you mean.

More hotels! This Days Inn is close to Long Island City and is convenient to a train station. If you pay for it now, on the condition of it being non-refundable, it's only 179 a night after taxes and fees. Naturally I'd wait until one can confirm their attendance via a ticket before going. 8P

It's so weird. I can definitely attend and I've been waiting for a Sonic event to happen in the east coast for a while now. And now that it's finally happening.... I don't know if I even want to go. I've grown cold and tired of conventions of any kind and I ONLY attend them if I either have a table there or if I'm a part of it in some way.

But maybe, just maybe, if any NY native Sonic fans (or anyone willing really) who are older than 20 want to grab some drinks and hang out in a group after the event (in a fun public place, of course), I'll probably consider going.

SSMB, may I make a suggestion?Everyone who's flying into town... get in touch with each other. I strongly recommend arranging a room block at one of the local hotels if you can. It'll help drag the price down.I also suggest looking into hotels in New Jersey across the bridge. NYC is the biggest heart of mass transit alongside Chicago, so see what options are available to get downtown.

I'm up for sharing a room if anyone else is in, otherwise I'll probably just go to the event and head back to 1 of a possible 2 airports (EWR & JFK) and bum around til it's time to go back to CA.

I've planned out ways of getting to Penn Station and back from Newark and JFK airports.. Didn't think about looking up room prices in New Jersey..

Anyway, if another 2-3 people want to split a room for a night, let me know :)

Church is a problem. And I have to wait until 5:13 (according to NJT's website) to get into NY Penn. IDK if I can make it and it's gonna be a problem.

I'm up for sharing a room if anyone else is in, otherwise I'll probably just go to the event and head back to 1 of a possible 2 airports (EWR & JFK) and bum around til it's time to go back to CA.

I've planned out ways of getting to Penn Station and back from Newark and JFK airports.. Didn't think about looking up room prices in New Jersey..

Anyway, if another 2-3 people want to split a room for a night, let me know smile.png

I highly suggest booking in a room block, as well; they tend to decrease rates from 15-25% per night.