• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tara

• baba_944

• kimplix

• sploit

I could be completely wrong here but I bet it was the same as the genesis version only "ported" to the PC. Again I could be completely wrong but I haven't seen anything else about this game.

I am very interested and surprised to find out more of the Canadian PC port. I do hope to hear some light on it in the future

Could be a downloadable version, there was an online service called RealOne Arcade a few years back?

Something like that maybe?

I highly doubt that it received a separate boxed release.

While it does sound made up, there could be a chance that it was refering to the Sega Smash Pack that had Mega Drive/Genesis games emulated on PC using a licensed version of Steve Snake's KGen (that later became Kega Fusion) however the first Smash Pack had Sonic Spinball and the second that came out the next year in 2000 had Sonic 2.

There was also the RealOne Arcade version but that came out in 2002 and not as many people were aware of that version, strange it took until 2009/2010 before Sonic 1 came out legally on PC despite been illegally available since the mid 90s playable via emulators such as Genecyst and KGen.

My first thought was that it was referring to its release in Sega Smash Pack, but after a bit of research, that wasn't released in North America until the following year.  (And also, that one doesn't include Sonic 1)  My second guess was maybe Sonic and Garfield Pack, but that didn't include Sonic 1 either.  Everyone else has already mentioned RealOne Arcade, but that wasn't released until later and I see no logical reason why Canada would have a downloadable, online version that the United States didn't have.  So my guess is that it's probably not real or it was released in a compilation that was only released in Canada (or perhaps even second-hand, not through Sega).  I highly doubt it was a boxed version of the game in any case.

Assuming it is real, though, I can only presume that it's a port of the Genesis version.  It only stands to reason, considering Sonic CD, Sonic R, and Sonic & Knuckles Collection were released on PC without too many striking differences (save for S&K Collection which had a vastly different soundtrack, but otherwise the gameplay is mostly normal) from their console counterparts.

My first thought was that it was referring to its release in Sega Smash Pack, but after a bit of research, that wasn't released in North America until the following year.  (And also, that one doesn't include Sonic 1)  My second guess was maybe Sonic and Garfield Pack, but that didn't include Sonic 1 either.  Everyone else has already mentioned RealOne Arcade, but that wasn't released until later and I see no logical reason why Canada would have a downloadable, online version that the United States didn't have.  So my guess is that it's probably not real or it was released in a compilation that was only released in Canada (or perhaps even second-hand, not through Sega).  I highly doubt it was a boxed version of the game in any case.

Assuming it is real, though, I can only presume that it's a port of the Genesis version.  It only stands to reason, considering Sonic CD, Sonic R, and Sonic & Knuckles Collection were released on PC without too many striking differences (save for S&K Collection which had a vastly different soundtrack, but otherwise the gameplay is mostly normal) from their console counterparts.

Yeah, but doesn't the release date seem way to specific to be a fake though?

Yeah, but doesn't the release date seem way to specific to be a fake though?

It's not exactly hard to fabricate a date.