Awoo.

Aidan's/Ike's sorta decent art thread??

Radiant Hero Ike

• 1 year later...

Alright so I dunno if necro bumps apply to art threads or not but I'm currently doing a little event called March Drawing Extravaganza 2! It's where people request stuff and them I draw one each day for all of March.

I'll be posting them in the statuses mostly, but I'll post them here every 3 days (I don't remember if that rule is still in place or not hehe).

Here's the first one from yesterday, Delthea!

hRHuhB2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

On 3/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

hRHuhB2.jpg

Nice! I can definitely see you're improving. It's very charming, clean and refined, and the coloring looks good too.

Just so you know, there's no rule against necro-posting in art threads or any other threads for that matter. I would only recommend to be smart about it, like don't necro-post in a thread that's clearly outdated when there's a more relevant thread to use, stuff like that. But for art threads, that shouldn't be an issue anyway. I've done that myself many times, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Decided I'm just gonna post them here every 10 drawings, so here are drawings 2 to 11!

Nozomi Toujou, Love Live!

YkXRCNH.jpg

Merlina, Sonic and the Black Knight

Quq1xIg.jpg

Kira, Infinite Space

UuHt4N8.jpg

Flora, Fire Emblem: Fates

dKtewv6.jpg

Natalie, Ape Escape

l21JyKU.jpg

Adell, Disgaea 2

f6yzqUa.jpg

Kaoru Tanamachi, Amagami SS

gL2j1ln.jpg

Zizou Olympia, Legend of the Dark Witch (which I think is the best so far)

YoHVkO8.jpg

Kaname Buccaneer, Macross Delta

c6583v9.jpg

Ninomiya Rui, Gatchaman Crowds

hFR3eCZ.jpg

That's all of em so far!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, while your art is a lot better than it used to be, something still seems a bit off about the facial anatomy. It often gives the appearance of the mouth being too far down. Real people only have a small space between their nose and mouth, and in some of your drawings the gap is way too big. Something looks wrong with the eyes and their positioning in some of the pictures as well. (Sorry that's not more specific, anatomy is hard for me too, lol.) I like how clean your work is these days, though.

Also, I have a bit of a suggestion. Have you ever thought of maybe branching out a bit? It seems you mostly draw anime characters standing and not being as expressive as they could be. I love it when your pictures have more emotion in the faces (that's one of the things I liked about your Delthea drawing), and more expressive or varied poses would be something to try as well.

• Promotion 1

3 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Hmm, while your art is a lot better than it used to be, something still seems a bit off about the facial anatomy. It often gives the appearance of the mouth being too far down. Real people only have a small space between their nose and mouth, and in some of your drawings the gap is way too big. Something looks wrong with the eyes and their positioning in some of the pictures as well. (Sorry that's not more specific, anatomy is hard for me too, lol.) I like how clean your work is these days, though.

Also, I have a bit of a suggestion. Have you ever thought of maybe branching out a bit? It seems you mostly draw anime characters standing and not being as expressive as they could be. I love it when your pictures have more emotion in the faces (that's one of the things I liked about your Delthea drawing), and more expressive or varied poses would be something to try as well.

My mom pointed out the mouth nose gap thing too. I think it's because of the way I draw noses. In the images I use as reference they're generally little dots or specks, like in the last two, where as I do those long lines instead. I guess because I'm more focused on getting the bodies right, the faces have less time put into them.

Which ones do the eyes look off in to you, for clarification?

I'd probably spend more time on poses but I'm keeping them simpler because I'm doing a daily drawing thing. I'm unfortunately very slow when it comes to drawing bodies especially (I don't think I even know how to draw a full body, all things considered) and I'm a bit of a procrastinator. After this month though I'm going to start practicing a lot more. My mom says I always try to do the big picture first without practicing beforehand, and she's right. I'm very impatient when it comes to drawings and I have very low self esteem.

I uh, hope none of this sounds like I'm making excuses or anything. Thanks for the critiques.

• 2 weeks later...

Next 10 drawings.

Fb4K7G1.jpg

Tymek, a Phantasy Star Online 2 OC

F1szIw6.jpg

Yukari Yakumo, Touhou

CDeDw4c.jpg

Starfire, DC Comics (the 2015 ones I think)

fRN1CNF.jpg

Iori Minase, Idolm@ster, wearing the outfit of Taiga Aisaka, Toradora. There are also little references from Sonic, Burning Rangers, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and the Mega Drive logo (since it's a birthday present for Tracker_TD)

Ec6ZA8t.jpg

Snufkin, Moomin books

t9pjRY9.jpg

Michalis, Fire Emblem

wg01E0E.jpg

Marin, The Legend of Zelda. This one was probably the fastest drawn one since I didn't get home until late.

qb4Vvck.jpg

Anzu (left) and Kirari (right), Idolm@ster. I've never drawn anyone picking someone else up so it looks kinda off. I can assure you she's not groping her though so please don't say anything like that.

kPCQ346.jpg

Princess Janeth, a Mario OC

nyGJCMH.jpg

Mórag, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This one was rushed sadly.

That's all for now.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Last ten drawings.

ePYVlOh.jpg

Melody, OC (by @RosaRosaRosalina)

ZkVB1aI.jpg

Seto Kaiba, Yu-Gi-Oh

EmKMpaD.jpg

Irisu Kyouko, Irisu Syndrome

GP2ECC1.jpg

Leo, Fire Emblem Fates

Oodmy4p.png

Ray Cephart, Band Yarouze

PT18EEb.jpg

Bulbasaur, Pokémon

Y0KQr7G.jpg

Porco Rosso

uhMoOjU.jpg

Tails, Sonic the Hedgehog

2Zaqdnf.jpg

Lavender, an OC

BLFlhsp.jpg

Natsu Dragneel, Fairy Tail

That's all of em.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

MQqNghl.png

Tiki from Fire Emblem Awakening. This is my first colored full body drawing.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

ER4JciP.jpg

6MBTfZR.jpg

Avk1n9a.jpg

Edna, Seraphina and Umi Sonoda, from Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 5 and Love Live respectively, outfit swapped.

This was for Kira Buckland's birthday yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Osmium said:

Wow man. These most recent ones stand head and shoulders over your older work. Keep this up man. 

Thank you!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Wow, I really have to second Osmium. You're really improving. Your most recent pics look really cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2018 at 7:28 PM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

5XraBPD.jpg

R3ZkPs8.jpg

Mythra and Mashu Kyrielight

I swear @Radiant Hero Ike that second picture is freaking computer wallpaper or wall art worthy material!!!  What is she from?  At first glance I thought she was A2 (Nier Automata):

File:A2Trailer.png

11 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Wow, I really have to second Osmium. You're really improving. Your most recent pics look really cool!

Thank you! Unlike before, I've been drawing almost every day. I'm also doing all my drawings on a sketchbook first, and then scanning them onto my laptop. My tablet doesn't have a screen so all the drawings I did for that daily event were very shaky and stiff as I didn't have any guidelines to help. I got this app on my phone called Easy Poser which let's me put anime models in various poses, which has helped me a ton when it comes to full bodies. :D

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I swear @Radiant Hero Ike that second picture is freaking computer wallpaper or wall art worthy material!!!  What is she from?  At first glance I thought she was A2 (Nier Automata):

File:A2Trailer.png

Thanks! She does look similar to A2, but she's actually from Fate/Grand Order, which is a mobile game (it might have an anime though).

• Thumbs Up 1

OSH9veK.jpg

Very experimental birthday drawing for a friend, I've never really tried a background before, aside from an ocean

This is also one of the first times I've done a drawing that isn't just "person standing in 3 quarter view", so I think that at least came out well!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really blown away by how much you've improved, especially that first piece - it looks downright professional.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'm really blown away by how much you've improved, especially that first piece - it looks downright professional.

Thank you, it means a lot!

The artist who does the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 main characters has a style that gels pretty well with my own, so drawing them is more fun than others (aside from, y'know, the major amount of detail that JRPG character designs have, ehehe. But shading and stuff is cool).

I do, however, need to work on hair more. Long hair especially, I'm not great at individual strands and the overall shape yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

As I've posted in the statuses already, I've got a daily drawing event happening this month, with the theme being outfit swaps (cuz Halloween, y'know). I'll be posting them here every 5 days or so!

2MTvXfP.jpg

Naruto, Ash's costume

Dywed9o.jpg

qzwrYm1.jpg

Narmaya, 2B's outfit

y6lrmsh.jpg

dAYBlfo.jpg

Luke Fon Fabre, Killia's outfit

zZSDZ53.jpg

Tiki, Shanoa's outfit

hF2HCQK.jpg

Luigi, Kirito's outfit