Awoo.

Aidan's/Ike's sorta decent art thread??

Radiant Hero Ike

Days 11-15, halfway done with the event!

hGJfklm.jpg

Link, Ludger Will Kresnik's outfit

Wc4WaX2.jpg

Mina Ashido, Rin Kagamine's V4X outfit

vuOELpB.jpg

xSXTq9v.jpg

Rean Schwarzer, Rock Howard's outfit

Nr6GNLY.jpg

Lora, Chun-Li's outfit

Ol1BaVL.jpg

Ash Ketchum, Ryo Hazuki's outfit

• Thumbs Up 3

Days 16 to 20 are HERE

xJAvS5x.jpg

bsV4Gxc.jpg

Severa, Mitake Ran's outfit

8MfkZtN.jpg

Sora, Hyde's outfit

SzmxR0O.jpg

Luka, Inkling Girl's outfit

5yznpMa.jpg

Rex, Rin Okumura's outfit

DUqC59Z.jpg

Ruby Rose, Ryuko Matoi's outfit

• Thumbs Up 3

Days 21 to 25 time

Vf7b1b5.jpg

Sorey, Goku's outfit

n2IGdHK.jpg

Alisa Reinford, Alisa Amiella's outfit

dZHF3yM.jpg

Sasuke Uchiha, Sans' outfit

xaayNUs.jpg

Erza Scarlet, Shadow the Hedgehog inspired outfit

um8gdyW.jpg

Holland, Richter's outfit

• Thumbs Up 2

Days 26 to 31, the last drawings, are here!

Z5vpqgEr.jpg

Hinata Hyuga, Android 18's outfit

3NlFHtr.jpg

Sonic, Aizen's outfit

oPJpdXP.jpg

Honoka, Todoroki's outfit

pg3yluJ.jpg

Touma Amagase, Natsu's outfit

Sf7JXZ0.jpg

Yukari Yakumo, Tamamo's outfit

PP1HSB4.jpg

Deku and Miku, Miku's Sand Planet outfit and Deku's second Hero outfit

Whew lads, this was a ride!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 4 weeks later...

zPlGw43.jpg

ao0IbWW.jpg

Two commissions I did yesterday (although I started the lines on the first one day before yesterday)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

I haven't posted here in AGES

Here's some stuff I've done recently!

84YDfNc.jpg

EPBU32g.jpg

VBqDzui.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen your art from time to time and I'm impressed with how you've improved over time. Keep it up, dude.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I've seen your art from time to time and I'm impressed with how you've improved over time. Keep it up, dude.

Thank you!! I've been trying to draw something pretty much every day now, as opposed to before when I'd draw like, once a month, hehe.

• 2 months later...

Here are the outfit swap drawings I've done so far!

GvtIR2s.jpg

SwtARZd.jpg

8y5JQqh.jpg

ZZF06OB.jpg

xcfUZWH.jpg

fRcMgH9.jpg

cN01o9v.jpg

jiv2hXY.jpg

bgWArin.jpg

NDZhQPk.jpg

T1zYByx.jpg

Fzj8RyK.jpg

DjHHgCN.jpg

If there's a character or outfit that you don't recognize feel free to ask, hehe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

iG2v6H.png

iG2eax.png

iG2Lz1.png

iG2Mbc.png

It's my birthday!! As is the tradition, I drew characters from every game or show I liked from last year!

• Thumbs Up 4

I've always enjoyed seeing your art but I think it has improved so much lately; the jump from the previous post in October to this one is pretty big. These all turned out great and the coloring is especially good here.

Also, happy birthday!

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Sean said:

I've always enjoyed seeing your art but I think it has improved so much lately; the jump from the previous post in October to this one is pretty big. These all turned out great and the coloring is especially good here.

Also, happy birthday!

Thanks a bunch!! I really appreciate your comments too, hehe!

• 1 month later...

jITSYA.png

jITzqq.png

A drawing I did for a Pokemon Masters art contest and a commission of Raikou from Fate/Grand Order for a Twitter user!

Commissions are half off for March by the way ($20 for a full body drawing), so you can DM me for more details if you're interested!!

Just ran into your work today and have to say that your improvements are certainly undeniable! Keep going and keep at it! You are certainly growing more and more with each work. It's all uphill from here as long as you recognize that you haven't reached your final form yet lol. 👍

I guess if I could leave you with something useful (I'm no artist, but have worked with a few so take my "advice" as opinion and do with it what you will), I'd say if you can, try working on soft shading and contrast instead of hard transitions and hard shadows (and specifically working with detailed brushing in relation to lighting and environment instead of relying on gradient tools), particularly with color changes to differentiate shadow and highlights; creating smooth penumbras and perhaps start experimenting with under painting to give your skin tones and color dynamics more flare.

As far as character form, while well done, I'd say a little practice with head forms and anatomics could help. There's a tad bit of uncanny valley on certain characters in relation to official model (maybe eyes are slightly offset, or skull form, etc). Again, easy to correct with more practice. 

As a suggestion, check out some of the guides from a friend of mine named Luis Figueiredo (he's on Facebook and Instagram). He's incredibly fast with his art delivery, but more imporatantly, he has a of couple of guides and practices (such as head and angle, lighting theory, hand theory, etc.) that I think if you checked out, would equate to exponential growth for you. He doesn't hit it right all the time, but he gets there most of the time (his style is also more angular than yours, but still, great takeaways and always something to learn from a pro).

Hope you see this not as downplay to your skill or your art. You have incredible potential as seen from your first post up to now. And if I can leave you with something somewhat valuable (even as an artist in another industry), then I think I can leave happy :)

Cheers and here's to you and your continued growth!  

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, XTREEMMAK said:

Just ran into your work today and have to say that your improvements are certainly undeniable! Keep going and keep at it! You are certainly growing more and more with each work. It's all uphill from here as long as you recognize that you haven't reached your final form yet lol. 👍

I guess if I could leave you with something useful (I'm no artist, but have worked with a few so take my "advice" as opinion and do with it what you will), I'd say if you can, try working on soft shading and contrast instead of hard transitions and hard shadows (and specifically working with detailed brushing in relation to lighting and environment instead of relying on gradient tools), particularly with color changes to differentiate shadow and highlights; creating smooth penumbras and perhaps start experimenting with under painting to give your skin tones and color dynamics more flare.

As far as character form, while well done, I'd say a little practice with head forms and anatomics could help. There's a tad bit of uncanny valley on certain characters in relation to official model (maybe eyes are slightly offset, or skull form, etc). Again, easy to correct with more practice. 

As a suggestion, check out some of the guides from a friend of mine named Luis Figueiredo (he's on Facebook and Instagram). He's incredibly fast with his art delivery, but more imporatantly, he has a of couple of guides and practices (such as head and angle, lighting theory, hand theory, etc.) that I think if you checked out, would equate to exponential growth for you. He doesn't hit it right all the time, but he gets there most of the time (his style is also more angular than yours, but still, great takeaways and always something to learn from a pro).

Hope you see this not as downplay to your skill or your art. You have incredible potential as seen from your first post up to now. And if I can leave you with something somewhat valuable (even as an artist in another industry), then I think I can leave happy :)

Cheers and here's to you and your continued growth!  

Thank you for the comment!

In terms of lighting and shading, I'm purposely sticking with a simpler style because, as you mentioned, I still need to work on proportions and anatomy. I feel like trying to figure out all the more advanced ways of shading before learning the basics of proportions isn't the way to go.

But yeah, I'll continue to practice and keep improving! I'll check out your friend later on too. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

hWWyWk9.jpg

IPtEOD4.jpg

OrmYzKar.jpg

A birthday drawing for a friend and two more commissions!

• 1 month later...

I have updated my commission sheets! I spent more time than I'd like to admit on the example drawings, ehehe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I've been doodling on my phone a ton recently to practice with looser movements, and some of em actually came out pretty well!

There are quite a few and some of them are a bit on the suggestive side (nothing overtly NSFW), so I'm putting them in spoiler tags.

Hihqcxm.jpg

2OERBQj.png

JA2oK7b.png

gWEi4Kf.png

7gz7LqF.jpg

eUwBDlP.jpg

w9CDxlS.png

eGgU93O.jpg

8PvLo4a.jpg

^ this one is traced, hehe

uQH7aiP.jpg

QrkhJkx.jpg

bNNkeYU.jpg

cx2kQgO.jpg

maDqyzh.jpg

GPLjEJ3.jpg

j8VZVCv.jpg

• 2 months later...

Time for a big update cuz I kept forgetting to post here!! I haven't done that many full drawings but I did a lot on my phone!

Artfight Attacks:

2QPpigF.png

hJwZfAj.png

UxmSyK1.jpg

iz3yx6I.png

uQWvP2j.png

xrTBDNv.jpg

WDCFrzg.png

PhL0Osj.jpg

Sk4qgF9.png

3hI2Oz2.png

nj1ec6R.png

D65mD7O.png

wskx3zU.png

TC59eha.png

XXagJh4.png

8ZvaI2c.png

ZqbFdtk.png

6QaZQUW.png

hUywVW4.png

HJsXY5j.png

yciTrOH.png

CQfaXYc.png

ywuCZVh.png

eHR12Et.jpg

WQsjR45.png

(^ there's a NSFW version of this that I obviously cannot share here, hehe)

pRAu0rz.jpg

oi3gHlH.png

uRjKS2H.png

OmXlerQ.png

iNHMm7X.png

Commission, request and a doodle (they're swimsuit and underwear girls so if these are too NSFW lemme know and I'll delete them):

Rr0sY4e.png

IFkW3mo.png

E59lxId.png

4osJPiR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Outfit Swaptember (a personal thing I do every year) has started! I'll be posting here every 5 days if I don't forget, hehe. Here are the first 5 drawings! Alternate versions can be found on my art account on Twitter, @ AidanKresnikArt!

RIjDksY.png

STLtNPz.png

3zUHjIQ.png

npPS0S6.png

DfVcc17.png

• Thumbs Up 2