Awoo.

Posts getting double-spaced automatically

T-Min

This has been happening a lot with Days of Video Games thread. It's really inconsistent, though, and only seems to affect my posts in that topic. Also,  I've only noticed it happening with mine. Anyone know what's going on?

It looks as if it's due to you posting an image directly above or below the text, because quoting the post shows that it isn't doing it on its own. You might need to put an extra space between an image and any text (or vice versa). From the posts you linked, that's the only thing I saw that was similar between them.

E- Actually, looking further into it shows that it may be a problem with switching from center to left alignment. Originally I thought it was just after images, but I realized that you have been center aligning the images as well as some headers.

It's been happening in my art thread as well. I think it does have something to do with the images, as I didn't use any center/left alignment, IIRC.

It's been happening in my art thread as well. I think it does have something to do with the images, as I didn't use any center/left alignment, IIRC.

I saw one in this and you did use center-alignment for the image. Can you link me to a post in the art thread where it occurred?

I saw one in this and you did use center-alignment for the image. Can you link me to a post in the art thread where it occurred?

On the 30 days thread, yeah, I did use center-alignment.

On the 30 days thread, yeah, I did use center-alignment.

I didn't see any occurrences of it in that thread. Everything looked normal.

I didn't see any occurrences of it in that thread. Everything looked normal.

When I look at it, in the first post, there's a big space.

post-7062-0-06604100-1401048989_thumb.pn

quote problem.png

Oh, above the image itself. I want to say that it's automatically formatted like this for larger images. I've seen this a few times in the 30 Days thread, so that's my assumption, anyway.

Oh, above the image itself. I want to say that it's automatically formatted like this for larger images. I've seen this a few times in the 30 Days thread, so that's my assumption, anyway.

I see... Well, it isn't much of a bother to me anyway. Thanks for the info, though!

This happens with a lot of images; it seems to happen specifically to images that are wider than the post area. It's not a new issue and it happens in every topic with such images. I think it's up to the forum software maintainers to fix it.

This happens with a lot of images; it seems to happen specifically to images that are wider than the post area. It's not a new issue and it happens in every topic with such images. I think it's up to the forum software maintainers to fix it.

My understanding was that it was because the user information is slightly wider than it should be so it over laps the area for the post content itself everso slightly. You can see that even the first few lines of text on a long post are slightly indented to the right compared to lines after all the user info is finished. When images are posted, the board automatically resizes them to the width of the posting area without taking into account the fact that there's a small amount of overlap from the user information. Therefore even the resized images are slightly too wide to fit in at the beginning of the post and the board moves them down to an area where they'll fit instead, thus leaving a massive empty space. I don't know an awful lot about IPB but I would have thought it could be fixed. That's only a guess though.

There is a workaround. If you place an image inside a quote box then it won't make the annoying gap appear. The image will be resized to the size of the quote box, and the quote box is narrow enough to fit in anywhere along the post correctly.

• Thumbs Up 2