StaticMania

StaticMania's Art Submissions

(Okay, to give this another shot)

I present to the forums many looks at the Artwork of...
the_sonicmania_logo__deviant_i_d___by_so
StaticMania...

On 9/24/2012 at 7:18 PM, StaticMania said:

I like to draw, I draw tons of art Mostly featuring Sonic the Hedgehog. I've always liked drawing Sonic art ever since the second grade. So here are some of my drawings that I've done most recently since I lost the rest of them.
I will show the ones I think that are the most good.

(Is what has been originally said by the good S.M. and what has been originally said has been falsified by about whatever percentage the bold words take up)

I do indeed like to draw, but for the more recent times it has only been 2 months since I've just gotten back into doing it. So I'm all roughed up and stuff.

Here are 2 of the drawings I made when I had just gotten back into doing it.
sonic__sketch__by_sonicmaniaart-d7cncy8.

I started out with drawing Sonic because, he's the one character I'd draw the most. Took a few tries, and I mainly wanted to keep it simple for me to do without too much trouble. I ended up drawing him from his side as the way to keep it simple.

side_view_sketch__my_own_character__by_s

As for drawing number 2, I drew up my own character. I call him S.M. as name because he's the character I made soon after I had made the SonicMania logo above. Seeing as he is my own character, I thought he'd be the next best choice to do as I was getting back into drawing. Did not take as many tries as Sonic did and I was happy about that.

With these 2 drawings, I could only see myself improving as I went on.

An instant update on the drawing situation:

s_m___sketch__2__by_sonicmaniaart-d7d22y

Another view showing off more the character, this "view" difference thing is something I only did for my character and Sonic as it seemed the most the appropriate for the characters I have the easiest time drawing.

sonic__sketch__2__by_sonicmaniaart-d7gdl

See for like I said previously that it is the same for both characters shown here today. A generic thumbs up from the hedgehog guy, wasn't really much thinking done for presenting this one.

sonic__colored___2_by_sonicmaniaart-d7k9

(A colored Sonic)

In a position of trying to stop, even though it seems that he isn't having the easiest time.

s_m___colored__by_sonicmaniaart-d7h9cnw.

(A colored S.M.)

kirby__colored__2__by_sonicmaniaart-d7hm

(A colored Kirby)

sonic_the_runnin__hog__colored_sketch__b

(And finally, another colored Sonic)

I finally remember the day, where I post away, with 2 more drawings...hooray.

little_boy_kyle__sketch__by_sonicmaniaar

Here is another character o' mine. The 1st character I'd say I created 100%. It is a boy named "Kyle"....

ghost_girl_sketch__by_sonicmaniaart-d7i4

...And another one of me own. This character is based off of previous ghost that I drew for a while.

I try to draw Amy Rose for the 1st time in a long while and I thought that there wouldn't be much of a paper pile, but that comes from trying to draw her with too much style.

So I decided to keep it simple just so I could get it finished, and maybe keep all of my papers from getting diminished.

amy__sketch__by_sonicmaniaart-d7jc024.pn

I think it turned out nicely, even for time that has passed me.

Here I drew the Head 2 different times. I couldn't draw the body and I just wasn't feeling fine...(I'm still not)

post-4226-0-56582600-1403731627_thumb.jp

post-4226-0-25569200-1403731639_thumb.jp

It disappoints me that I have a hard time drawing my own characters, when I've never had that problem before. I thought I was getting better, but I'm remaining around the same area going no where.

I wonder if it's okay to even really do this now, but um...I kinda learned how to do the art more good since the last time I posted.

image.png.b722891bcf8c21d068a2a823a9bf3d68.pngimage.png.f74fffc8d5393fefa65b87038baa6fb7.pngimage.thumb.png.7c06dc77dda13b273e31a2ff3119e7f1.png

It's been really troublesome, but I'd like to say I'm a fair bit better. I don't really have anything I'd consider a "style" yet, but this is a step in the right direction...and maybe I'll actually keep posted here.