Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I figured out where Sonic Boom's budget went into

Clearly went into licensing Skrillex.

• Thumbs Up 3

I figured out where Sonic Boom's budget went into

Clearly went into licensing Skrillex.

Wow, looking back at this trailer, the game looks SOO much better obviously.

(Well, except for those models.)

What Sonic game is that on the background on his profile pic? Lost World?

I don't think so. I looked through Lost World's opening and couldn't find an angle that matched that screen exactly.

2841bb0_zpsu9ypgtwt.jpg

Looks like it's one of the Mario & Sonics. That's Wario in the background.

I don't recall Sonic being around Wario in any of the openings for past Olympic games. Maybe there is going to be a Rio 2016 one....

I don't recall Sonic being around Wario in any of the openings for past Olympic games. Maybe there is going to be a Rio 2016 one....

It's from this trailer for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics game, around the 0:22 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQRMi-WJCM

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that SEGA is a video games company first and foremost and that Sonic is a video gMe franchise, I think it's a real failing that they didn't get an F2P mobile game out there before the show and games launched. And it's an even bigger failing that there still isn't one. It would be a great source of advertisement for the show and the games while still being a profitable endeavour in its own right.

I'll be surprised if we don't see something on this front in the coming months. Three Rings made Super Monkey Ball Bounce (Peggle clone) and Spiral Knights amongst other games, and we're acquired by SEGA in 2011. They're based in San Francisco as well, so they're in prime position for working on such a game.

I ignored critics and pre-ordered this game, I feel like I have done a disservice to my bank account... 

I ignored critics and pre-ordered this game, I feel like I have done a disservice to my bank account... 

• Thumbs Up 1

What if SEGA is revealing these "Boom" mobile games at the recently announced joypolis event?

The 2015 Sonic title you've been waiting for.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's amazing isn't it?

This was no different to that article that was published which said the same thing... only this action more or less confirms that they are still in development.

• Thumbs Up 4

Can anyone shed some light onto this?

There's a simple enough answer.

...It should be written off as BS until we see a screencap.

Otherwise I have to assume it's just someone engaging in grade school "I did/got/etc. this cool thing that you didn't" antics.

The game dropped pretty quickly in price too. :/

Not where I am, in my local "game" it's only gone down by like five of six pounds. 

Not where I am, in my local "game" it's only gone down by like five of six pounds. 

There's your problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Liam of Unseen64 has released a video detailing many of the issues with Boom's development. Very interesting watch. 

It's interesting to FINALLY hear about what went on with Boom even if it is what we have all assumed for months.

So the Wii U takes a lot of the blame with this game's quality?

Dammit Wii U.

Very interesting to hear that the assumed "hub" world was never actually intended to be a part of the game and is merely a leftover from the CE3 tech demo. Parts of it did end up in the final game, including the design of the buildings and some of the geometry which we know from concept art were designed for a Sonic game. That area even made up the E3 title screen.

Very interesting to hear that the assumed "hub" world was never actually intended to be a part of the game and is merely a leftover from the CE3 tech demo. Parts of it did end up in the final game, including the design of the buildings and some of the geometry which we know from concept art were designed for a Sonic game. That area even made up the E3 title screen.

This is exactly what I thought after reading about the developer stating that it was the very first piece done. It's odd that they used the hub world at E3 and their screenshots portfolio.

So the Wii U takes a lot of the blame with this game's quality?

Dammit Wii U.

Unseen64 could be wrong on the engine comment. http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/15/precursor-games-cryengine-3-fully-supports-wii-u/

Also I think a lot of people focus on the graphics of the game. Most of us know that graphics do not make a good game. Those level design plans were done on PC and were shown in the original E3 trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1