Bluecore

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

I figured out where Sonic Boom's budget went into

Clearly went into licensing Skrillex.

Wow, looking back at this trailer, the game looks SOO much better obviously.

(Well, except for those models.)

What Sonic game is that on the background on his profile pic? Lost World?

I don't think so. I looked through Lost World's opening and couldn't find an angle that matched that screen exactly.

I don't recall Sonic being around Wario in any of the openings for past Olympic games. Maybe there is going to be a Rio 2016 one....

It's from this trailer for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics game, around the 0:22 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQRMi-WJCM

Considering that SEGA is a video games company first and foremost and that Sonic is a video gMe franchise, I think it's a real failing that they didn't get an F2P mobile game out there before the show and games launched. And it's an even bigger failing that there still isn't one. It would be a great source of advertisement for the show and the games while still being a profitable endeavour in its own right.

I'll be surprised if we don't see something on this front in the coming months. Three Rings made Super Monkey Ball Bounce (Peggle clone) and Spiral Knights amongst other games, and we're acquired by SEGA in 2011. They're based in San Francisco as well, so they're in prime position for working on such a game.