Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Hearing boats and subs in this game... kinda screams.... Sonic

Rush Adventure.

...Day one buy!

I'm wondering how Lyric, a snake, can control his mechanical armor.

I mean, he has zero limbs mellow.png

Well, that's why he needed to build the armour.  I guess that it interfaces directly with his nervous system so he can control it by will alone, and it makes it a heck of a lot easier for him to build any other mechanical stuff.  Lyric probably kept on building up from various more basic tools - one mechanical claw to help him build things, a bunch of robots, and so on - and finally fully compensated for the weakness of his limbless form by giving himself a tri-limbed mechanical armour.  Lyric had a challenge that Eggman never had, and he totally overcame it, which is impressive.  Mind you, Eggman isn't like a hundred feet long, so it's not like Lyric had nothing going for him from the start.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lyric can fly if the 3DS version is anything to go by. He's also not as big as I thought he would be, which is actually good. I didn't want him to be like Godzilla. He's more about three or four times the height of Sonic from what I can tell.

Watching the videos I wish the animations weren't so Crashy and Jaxy. Matter of fact, WHY is that? I know what BRB used to be, I just wished they had a different animation style... it's too loony toons imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, other than the spindashing anims I think it looks pretty standard Sonic. The running animation looks pretty similar to Lost World's.

Watching the videos I wish the animations weren't so Crashy and Jaxy. Matter of fact, WHY is that? I know what BRB used to be, I just wished they had a different animation style... it's too loony toons imo. 

A Sonic "loony toons" could work so well though!

• Thumbs Up 3

It's hard to pinpoint honestly and ofcourse what we seen isn't the full or complete game. But the animations don't scream sonic or seem to be trying to be sonic. Instead it feels like Jax with sonic painted over it. Like they just animated sonic on top of those Jax animations.  Now I'm NOT saying it's bad or foul, it's just something I noticed is all. Also everyone saying sonic's all about speed while I agree going fast is a series - sonic - trademark, it isn't the only one OR the most important one. Well until Sonic the hedgehog - 06- anyway and more unleashed than anything. I would even say the classics until sonic adventure were slow games until unleashed gave us the BOOST to win thing. 

Now compared to everything after unleashed yes, Sonic's gameplay was - gotta go fast- but sonic 1 thru kunckles while fast wasn't all about going fast. But that's old news.  

Oh the sonic boom game itself, I wasn't that into the game due to the changes made. But I am looking forward to this game to see if it's any good, on any front. I understand comparing it to past/recent sonic games an why so many people are staring at boom with -WTF- glasses. But I'll wait and withhold judgement until after a final true build is shown. I'm not saying everyone saying the games is a put off is wrong nor am I saying it isn't. I'm simply waiting to be shown more info. Pretty much I'm waiting for this game to either wow me or eh me. We'll see what happens. 

I still hate Knuckle's no I hate everyone's change to be blunt. The fact Knuckles HAS to be big to show power angers me as he never needed it before and shows to me that BRB thinks kids are stupid cause strong toons are big. :/ But.. that's a horse beaten to death. We'll see what happens after E3. Hopefully more refined gameplay is shown and other things as well. Like WHY this snake is the most evil sonic has faced. Cause right now.... he looks even sillier than Black doom... Yeah I went there. 

So when does E3 start properly, and when are SEGA going to be there? I'm looking forward it seeing more of Boom.

One day I wanna go to E3. It must be awesome to be at such an event, seeing all the new upcoming stuff before anyone else. Totally jealous. On topic tho. I wanna know what voice Mr. L will have, here's hoping he'll be entertaining at the least. He's go to be.. Eggman will be with him.

New video on the 3ds version from GameXplain

Its sad to hear it is more of a sonic game than the WiiU version

We also got some info about the WiiU version from it which is why im putting it here

Tails can go underwater in a machine called the Seafox a reference to tails adventure(Not confirmed for WIIU).

BluePrints can be collected for tails(Not confirmed for WiiU)

3DS Music is being done in japan by veteran sonic developer.(Not confirmed for WiiU) but makes me hopeful.

WiiU version has Miiverse support 

Lyrics is supposedly the villains that makes you wonder if you're still play a kids game. He will be very very dark.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry, still not sold on the 3DS version. Don't care if it seemingly "feels more like a Sonic game" if said Sonic game is a crappy Dimps rushjob or Sonic Rivals.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lyrics is suppose to be basically suppose to be the villains that makes you wonder if you're still play a kids game. He will be very very dark.

I'm very cool with that. As long as he is still funny, perhaps in a darker manner than is usual for Sonic, or at least gets some humorous interaction with Eggman, the writers can go all out with this guy's evilness.

Weren't the Deadly Six considered dark for a kid's game by many?

By who? They were walking jokes. Intentionally. They were as threatening as the teletubbies.

I think she meant by when their dialogue was first heard such as "You going home in a box!" or "You may as well lie down and die!" were considered very eyebrow-raising to some.

Yeah. I remember some Youtubers having crazy fits over it.

Talking like these were going to be the best villains ever.

They all ate crow afterwards.

Sorry, still not sold on the 3DS version. Don't care if it seemingly "feels more like a Sonic game" if said Sonic game is a crappy Dimps rushjob or Sonic Rivals.

Good thing im no salesman. (Well I am but anyway)

I'm not really That interested in the 3ds version either. But im not going to call it crappy or a rush job either since the only people we know have played it are saying its alot of fun.

Also on the topic of lyric I think it will be intresting to see a serious villain in sonic.

And before you point me to all the other I mean one that doesnt suck and doesnt stop being serious to make a corny joke. I havent seen a single well written dark villain in sonic and I just wonder what one could look like.

That said lyrics could be as bad as all he others but I havent even heard a single word from him so im just gonna wait and see.

Good thing im no salesman. (Well I am but anyway)

I'm not really That interested in the 3ds version either. But im not going to call it crappy or a rush job either since the only people we know have played it are saying its alot of fun.

Well good for them. But they're them, and I'm me. Why should change my thoughts on something I think looks like crap just because a few guys who played it said they liked it?

Well good for them. But they're them, and I'm me. Why should change my thoughts on something I think looks like crap just because a few guys who played it said they liked it?

I dunno, Why should you? And why are you asking metongue.png

I was talking about my thoughts on it. And the only interaction i have had with it is a few screenshots.

Someone saying its good is enough to make me be interested enough to watch a few more screenshots.

I think she meant by when their dialogue was first heard such as "You going home in a box!" or "You may as well lie down and die!" were considered very eyebrow-raising to some.

That, and their big plan of completely depleting the planet of its energy, which would have eventually left everything completely dead (and we got to see quite a bit of that already done in-game). Some people were talking about that as being dark as well. 

The things is its more than just what they do its how it presented.

Sure you can look even at cartoons like the powerpuff girls and think about the end result of what the villains are going to do and they use that to say this guys is really evil.

But isnt it better when you have a villain that actually make you worry about the people around him or makes you excited about just what hes gonna do next.

Anyway im not saying the six werent evil and they didnt do bad things but they definently didnt feel dark.

So I just rewatched the footage, and it actually looks better than the screenshots in the graphics department. 'The Pit' actually has the crystal things sticking out of the floor in the b-roll rather than just looking like a flat texture in the screenshots. I think the screens could be from an earlier build, with the b-roll being a slightly later build.

I'd still say the Teletubbies were creepier...to me that is.

Not the Teletubbies themselves....but that fucking bear on a skateboard. That thing scared the fuck out of me as a kid. And the lion.

• Thumbs Up 4

I fear them TELLING us he's dark is doing Lyric a huge disservice. Shadow the Hedgehog comes to mind. And seriously Dark Gaia was pretty freaking dark, hell on some levels most of the games get dark by themselves. So them pushing this on us isn't giving me good vibes. 

• Thumbs Up 1