Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

3DS music has been confirmed to be by a veteran Sonic composer in Japan (JUN SENOUE JUN SENOUE JUN SENOUE.....pls), so that's good news at least.

I dunno about having Jun composing the music by himself again. Most of the compositions he did for Sonic 4 were forgettable (and that's not even getting into his animal synth soundfonts he used...).

Though Tomoya Ohtani's Lost World soundtrack was a few steps down in quality compared to other Sonic games' soundtracks, I feel that he would produce a better soundtrack for Boom 3DS than Jun would.

I would also graciously accept Tomoya Ohanti. I actually really liked Lost World and Colours' soundtracks. Unleashed is still my favourite, though I believe he worked on that soundtrack too.

I really want to hear something akin to either Jungle Joyride tracks, I feel it would fit the atmosphere well.

• Thumbs Up 3

The In-Level dialogue seems pointless, the few things I heard also doesn't sound very funny.

It just seems like its "there."

Some of It also seems to happen randomly instead of going off during proper context. It really just feels like they added this just so there would be something to hear that wasn't the music or sound effects and the apparently characters needing something to say randomly during the level.

I love me some Tomoya Ohtani, but he does best when he has other composers working on a game with him. Lost World didn't really feel like a diverse enough soundtrack, nor did much of it feel even remotely memorable. You can tell he was spread thin, having to work on the game's entire soundtrack himself.

All I can hope for is that the soundtrack for this game is even remotely memorable, no matter who composes it.

Tomoya Ohtani is a wizard, his stuff's a prefect fit for Sonic.

Is he generally not liked?

He's generally loved. But he was the sole composer for Lost World, and it showed in a bad way. Too much for one guy, and the soundtrack ended up being a bit meh.
  • Thumbs Up 2

It seemed that sega europe pooped out a video and switched it to private while I was distracted by E3.

All I got to show from it is this thumb mqdefault.jpg

Lost world's soundtrack was bad O_O man standards have been raised since last year.

SONICBOOMISSHIT

SONICBOOMISSHIT

SONICBOOMISSHIT

SONICBOOMISSHIT

SONICBOOMISSHIT

...this is basically the previous five pages of this topic in a nutshell.

It seemed that sega europe pooped out a video and switched it to private while I was distracted by E3.

All I got to show from it is this thumb mqdefault.jpg

For a second that looked like King K. Rool in the DKC cartoon....

• Thumbs Up 2

So that's Lyric in 3D, huh? He looks a little weird, but I can forgive that if his voice is awesome enough.

He's generally loved. But he was the sole composer for Lost World, and it showed in a bad way. Too much for one guy, and the soundtrack ended up being a bit meh.

Whoa, what? I didn't know he was the only one working on the soundtrack. I wouldn't call it "meh" though... Maybe not his strongest work, but it still had some good tracks.

I wonder if anyone managed to catch this video. It would be great if someone uploaded it...

Thank you for pointing out a group of people don't like how the game is shaping up by generalizing /everyone's/ posts in the last five pages as "LOL SONIC BOOM SUX"

I'm sorry, are we naysayers /not/ allowed to express our dislike or disappointment for this game or something?

..sorry.

Does anyone have the link to the Sonic Boom trailer on hand? Even if it's private, the link would be awesome.

Man-o-man, this must be something special, I never been around for such a decisive aura regarding a Sonic game on the SSMB before. Feels kinda surreal xD

In any case, SEGA of Europe leaked a video before setting it to private? Even then, and I am just speaking for the sake of it, I feel nothing much will have changed between that footage and the leaked footage we have already seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone have the link to the Sonic Boom trailer on hand? Even if it's private, the link would be awesome.

The video code's "gR5eFUOYcXds", that's all I got.

• Thumbs Up 1

If so many people are saying that it looks bad from a 5 minute gameplay clip that's meant to be representative of the game, maybe there's something wrong with the game.

I think the gameplay doesn't look bad aside from the lack of polish, but the dialog is a big problem. Either they should put a lot less of it in there or they should put in the option to turn it off.

I would really hate for people to lose the right to make a joke about how a game looks bad just because frost is here. That would be more of  a curse than a blessing.

Still even though I feel you should accept the response you get for not showing a quality product. I feel sorry for him if he actually goes through the last  few pages.  Because I dont think they can really claim that the reaction was mostly positive with just a few people who are against what currently looks like a downgraded unleashed.

Lets just hope that E3 makes the game look better than it does now.

• Thumbs Up 2