Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I'd have to agree with Gabz here. We're shit-posting in this thread when a developer routinely checks by and posts? How fucking immature. Criticize the game all you want but do it in a mature, acceptable way.

We have the privilege of a developer to come by and comment with us. Let's NOT lose this privilege for the sake of being "funny".

Props to the people both criticizing and praising the game in a mature manner.

I really don't think the developers should take the jokes of a few teenagers on a Sonic forum as anything substantial :\

• Thumbs Up 8

So what did the new trailer show?

As far as I know, the trailer was the same footage that was released last week with some voice overs.

Whatever the caseon both sides, I still feel this is aa stressful tme for Frost with the leaked footage and all. I do feel bad for the.guy, but what was shown didn't impress people and it admittingly it looks to be the majority (from what Ive read here and elsewhere)so at least I hope if he's reading all of this it justs makes him and BRB even more spurred on to finetune things.

• Thumbs Up 2

person speaking as a software developer myself,I put my heart and soul into my work and seeing that it probably is it liked especially in that manner of criticizing even if its humor would make me feel horrible

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't think the developers should take the jokes of a few teenagers on a Sonic forum as anything substantial :\

Most of us on this forum aren't teenagers, but okay.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I do feel really bad for Stephen. It's not easy having a job in the game industry. He's a great guy though, I'd love to see him behind more Sonic games. I kind of feel the same way for Aaron Webber, but with the whole Sonic 4 fiasco, he's probably used to it.

As far as I know, the trailer was the same footage that was released last week with some voice overs.

Oh, I think he meant the one that was leaked a couple of hours ago, with Lyric as the thumbnail.

person speaking as a software developer myself,I put my heart and soul into my work and seeing that it probably is it liked especially in that manner of criticizing even if its humor would make me feel horrible

Yeah and honestly just peering into game design myself its definitely not as easy to do some things as most people think.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not to say that people don't have the right to criticise aspects they don't like though, it's just that you guys need to be careful. Don't post anything that you feel might offend somebody who's working on a game. Make criticisms on things that you don't like by all means, but be careful what you joke about.

• Thumbs Up 5

To be fair, over-use and mis-use of such jokes could very well also lead to a developer's notion of comprehending it as just what it is, a joke and ignore it altogether, hurting the chance of actual criticism making it through.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any "jokes" seem to be in good jest. People don't want to dislike the game but if they do then it can be good to do so in a humourous light. People aren't making fun of the people working on the game when they joke. If we remove the humour then we'll have a bunch of posts that are just cold lists of complaints with no personality.

The team working on the game aren't five year olds, they'll know the difference between playing around with criticism and straight up throwing abuse at them. As Blue Blood said, sugar coating things aren't going to help either side. We all want a good product in the end and we may as well enjoy ourselves on the way there.

• Thumbs Up 1

As long as jokes remain light humoured and aren't aimed directly at people, I that's fine. :)

I would like to hear the staff's stance on this, but I assume that would tie into the subject of respecting other members.

3D Lyric looks way better than the drawing. He actually looks Sonic-y to me. Not my favorite design, but I like him.

On the subject of Lost World soundtrack, in the time since it was shown, I've come to hate Windy Hill's music. I don't think I can ever forgive Ohtani for that =P

• Thumbs Up 1

There are armless jokes and offensive jokes

tumblr_n6vxab9haw1s7gq4io1_250.gif

I regret absolutely nothing.

Nothing against Nix, but this looks more offensive than armless.

• Thumbs Up 2

The criticism I've seen directed at Boom in this thread have been rational and fair. I don't recall seeing outright abuse thrown at BRB at all. When you've put work into the public light especially work that is supposed to draw impressions then you have also invited criticism and you should expect it. Hell, you should even embrace it. That's how criticism ought to work.

Like they say; Can't take stuff like that? Then stay out of the kitchen.

• Thumbs Up 7

There are armless jokes and offensive jokes

Nothing against Nix, but this looks more offensive than armless.

This is the exact same kind of joke that was made during the Lost World threads, and that's made at 06 or Shadow. But since Iizuka doesn't come here, that makes it fine? Mr. Frost is not a mod in this forum. Not a staff member, not an admin. He's a member like any other, and criticism of the game, much like praise, even if hyperbolic or silly, doesn't deserve to be shut down because oh no, there might be a developer amongst us. At least I don't think so, otherwise we may as well also go "I can't say anything on Facebook, Yuji Naka will see it! What if Obama reads my tweet?"

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm standing by the fact that everyone is still actually being angry about the designs, even if they don't know it.

This is the exact same kind of joke that was made during the Lost World threads, and that's made at 06 or Shadow. But since Iizuka doesn't come here, that makes it fine? Mr. Frost is not a mod in this forum. Not a staff member, not an admin. He's a member like any other, and criticism of the game, much like praise, even if hyperbolic or silly, doesn't deserve to be shut down because oh no, there might be a developer amongst us. At least I don't think so, otherwise we may as well also go "I can't say anything on Facebook, Yuji Naka will see it! What if Obama reads my tweet?"

I don't remember there being SLW sucks lol gifs being around BEFORE a game came out.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm standing by the fact that everyone is still actually being angry about the designs, even if they don't know it.

Out of all the things people have complained about I don't think the designs have come up much, if at all, since the initial reveal. well, not here anyway.

I'm going to say this genuinely, honestly: I don't mind the new designs. I was never even very bothered by them. Knuckles was a bit of a shock, sure, and I do prefer his main series design, but I don't really dislike his Boom design. And the other three are fine, I have no real negative feelings about them.

But Boom still looks like a shitty game.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't remember there being SLW sucks lol gifs being around BEFORE a game came out.

And how does them being before relate to offending the Developers? What, AFTER the game is out, we can mock it to irrelevancy and they won't mind? Is this still about offending Frost, or about complaining about the game when it's not out? Those are two different things.

Because we've already been given material to form an opinion. It's kind of the whole point of trailers and giving a website whose point is "we analyse things" builds of the game so they could expose it to us, so that we could form an opinion.

This is really being blown out of proportion.

If the point of contention was "you can't say bad things with the developers here", the reply is "they're here of their own accord and can leave if they don't like it".

If it's "you can't say bad things before the game is out", the reply is "we've been shown footage of it exactly so we could form an opinion, even if it may end up erroneous".

If it's "you can't be mean and joke", especially when the joke was just "this game is shit", and when there's no rules on the forum against swearing, I can only reply ":/".

• Thumbs Up 1