Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Maybe Sonic likes Amy or someth-

... OH MY GAWSH

WHAT IF THE TABLES ARE TURNED, AND SONIC IS THE ONE WITH A CRUSH ON AMY

I'd actually think that would be pretty cool. It would certainly flesh him out a bit more.

Eh, having a crush is really more Amy's thing than Sonic's. However, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Sonic return her feelings, provided her crush on him isn't exaggerated like it was in Sonic X, Heroes and Generations.

Well if we're going to have different takes on these guy's personalities, I'd be interested in seeing a different dynamic.

Perhaps Amy is going to have a secret mad crush on Sonic or something, while Sonic is just flippantly flirty?

...am I really discussing romance guys this is bad come one we need that trailer to release NOW

If they did that it would be like the looney tunes with bugs and lola only this time it would be in the new show whether than the old one (mainly how back then bugs was just completely attracted to lola but in the LT show they sort of flipped it).

I just went back and watched the footage and this is bang on target. It's a real nice detail too. Also really fits Sonic's cocky attitude that, while being chased by a giant death machine, he's not even gonna give it his all while running away.

Sonic rarely ever gives it full juice, when running from something or when chasing something...

He only uses what gives him the right amount of speed.

The only time he goes full on is when he's "...not gonna make it..." and needs to "...speed up!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god no please no romance. Archie tried this; it doesn't work.

With regards to the Nintendo or SEGA conference, it's possible Boom is in the Nintendo conference given Sonic's a big title and can help draw more people to the Wii U.

SEGA Press is updating as we speak. They have the release month there, and there's something unusal about it. Normally they just list the release month without any more specifics, but this time it says "November 2014 (NA)". They've made specific note about the NA release, which leads me to believe that the PAL release may come considerably later, presumably whenever the show itself launches. Just speculation, mind you.

I guess Lost World's release was a fluke, and we're back to North America being first.

You'd think given the ties between the show and game that the French side of the cartoon would be motivating them to ensure it comes out in Europe fairly early as well.

If that happens... If that happens...

It's bad enough that America gets the TV series first, but to delay the game as well?

I guess Lost World's release was a fluke, and we're back to North America being first.

You'd think given the ties between the show and game that the French side of the cartoon would be motivating them to ensure it comes out in Europe fairly early as well.

Colours also came first over here. But the important thing is that they were all released very close together, within a week or so. From the osunds of it at the moment, Boom's PAL release could be considerably later than the NA one.

SEGA Press is updating as we speak. They have the release month there, and there's something unusal about it. Normally they just list the release month without any more specifics, but this time it says "November 2014 (NA)". They've made specific note about the NA release, which leads me to believe that the PAL release may come considerably later, presumably whenever the show itself launches. Just speculation, mind you.

Or earlier.

Given the game is being made by an American team and is largely the brainchild of SEGA America, I highly doubt that Europe would get it earlier. I don't know what the case was behind Colors and Lost World being Europe first, but this game being North America first would seem the most obvious option.

• Thumbs Up 1

WOW.

Story-wise, this game is shaping up to be interesting! Game looks a bit better now too, I'm looking forward to seeing some more gameplay.

Loving the humor.

Holy crap does anyone see the graphics improvement between the original "all four squatting" scene and this one?

Also sounds like I was right about Sonic having ancient ancestry. Lyric probably is mistaking him for an ancient hedgehog who defeated him.

That or there's time travel shenanigans and Sonic defeats Lyric in the future but seals him in the past, so Lyric remembers Sonic but not vice versa.

• Thumbs Up 9

Judging by the end of that video, it appears that the 3DS version will be a continuation, maybe even a direct sequel to the Wii U version.

And thank god for that 3d rendering update!

This actually sways me a bit more now. I know that the story will at least be interesting with Sonic having ancient ancestory. I still want to see more gameplay though.

• Thumbs Up 2

The hedgehog statues and Sonic getting the stink eye from Lyric first gives me the impression that Lyric's gonna be primarily after Sonic's head to avenge his race that I assume were wiped out of existence by ancient hedgehogs, which will be the Echidna of this game. SOunds interesting! I also love Amy's voice in this game SO MUCH MORE than her last three appearances, especially because it sounds like a sassy Lisa Ortiz Amy.

Oh, right, I'm dumb. Sorry, wrong topic.

Edited by SonicWind