Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I don't feel the problem is that it's not a "Sonic game"(because I hardly believe we even know much anymore) but rather it's a very generic game with Sonic's name on it.

I think the game would have gone over better had they added their own twist on the Sonic formula...but then you realize that there really isn't a Sonic formula to twist in the first place :V

Sonic Team more than likely just told BRB to do whatever and just slap Sonic's name on it, and not really any input on the mechanics of the series itself. This is just baseless assumptions on my part, but it seems to be a popular opinion lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really a popular opinion? Cuz, I don't usually come around this thread that much. Not with the whole insane debacle and ludiculous arguments floating around this game.

Is it really a popular opinion? Cuz, I don't usually come around this thread that much. Not with the whole insane debacle and ludiculous arguments floating around this game.

That's really beside the point I was making, I was just making a personal statement.

That's really beside the point I was making, I was just making a personal statement.

Oh, okay then.

What about Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles? 

Well, the combat in Battle was fast-paced unlike Boom.

As for Chronicles, well, the lack of Sonicy elements is one of the main reasons I hate it. A Sonic RPG should be action based, not turn based.

On the subject of Lyric....I swear....I've seen him somewhere before...

Kaa_the_Snake.jpg

By the way, do we know if Lyric is meant to be in the show or just the game?

I think Chronicles's problem was partly that every battle dragged on for a million years.  Funnily enough, that's what a lot of people have disliked about Boom's combat - it takes too long.

I know that BRB have been trying to kind of push the envelope, as it were, of what a Sonic game is, to be consciously different.  I don't think people quite have a problem with the idea of that in itself, it's more that the result is not perceptibly fast-paced.  You can have a different Sonic that's still speedy if he's being speedy at different things.

I haven't heard anyone mention Lyric being in the show, incidentally.  I get the feeling that he's a game-only thing, perhaps in case they ever want to kill him off or something.

So not sure if this has been exaggerated... but the line to see the Sonic Boom toys/get into Sega's booth was over 2 hours long?

See 1:40

So not sure if this has been exaggerated... but the line to see the Sonic Boom toys/get into Sega's booth was over 2 hours long?

See 1:40

That would be GREATLY exaggerated. Like "Walk up and play".

Anybody else notice that Tails can't really fly in these games? I mean, not without some kind of assistance and he can only float down. Is this going to be true of the show as well?

After pre-ordering the disappointment that was Sonic Lost World, I'm not going to pre-order this time and instead wait for reviews and impressions from critics/fans alike. SLW's previews were quite positive, with some negative impressions here and there but these previews have been very polarising.

Yeah, I'll wait and see what both versions are like. Right now I think the 3DS version looks a bit more appealing to me gameplay wise.

After pre-ordering the disappointment that was Sonic Lost World, I'm not going to pre-order this time and instead wait for reviews and impressions from critics/fans alike. 

But Lava Mountain Zone 3 justified that pre-order, right? Right?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I'll pre-order either. Not because I was disappointed in the last Sonic games I pre-ordered (only Sonic games that disappointed me were Heroes and Colors), but just because... I don't feel like doing it. I will get it day one, but unless there's a neat bonus, I won't pre-order.

• Thumbs Up 2

Somethings I noticed:

At about 3:25 he's about to use a spindash but runs into a wall, I noticed it had a trail also. So I'm guessing it might be a viable transportation method. 

And about 6:00 He spindashes and starts slowing down the animation does things, so maybe that's for when it's like slowing down?

I still wanna see a spindash actually executed. It's bugging me. All evidence leads to it being a spindash that needs to be charged to go faster and be an actual spindash but everytime it's executed I never get to see anyone do anything with it. Which is reasonable seeing as they just got their hands on it and aren't gonna be magically good at it. But I do wanna see it in action, so I can know. 

I would guess that it either takes you farther, gets stronger, or both when you charge it up (hopefully both) but right now even if it didn't go farther it would be a pretty good way to go through the level faster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both versions are only £29.99 GAME.co.uk. If you're planning on getting either version of even of you're on the fence, I suggest you preorder from there for now as it's unlikely you'll be able to find at the Wii U version that cheap elsewhere before release. GAME has a preorder price guarantee as well.

Apologies for the long link. I'm using my phone.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&searchTerm=Sonic+boom&searchBtn.x=3&searchBtn.y=18&searchBtn=Search...

Also the spindash is not a means of travel. I think you can charge it up to increase it's power as an attack, but not the distance or speed. It shoots Sonic a set, short distance forwards.

http://youtu.be/iKCANlNgnVk

Both versions are only £29.99 GAME.co.uk. If you're planning on getting either version of even of you're on the fence, I suggest you preorder from there for now as it's unlikely you'll be able to find at the Wii U version that cheap elsewhere before release. GAME has a preorder price guarantee as well.

Apologies for the long link. I'm using my phone.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&searchTerm=Sonic+boom&searchBtn.x=3&searchBtn.y=18&searchBtn=Search...

Wait- 29.99 o.O What's that in USD? (I'm silly, I'm sorry) I don't know if I want to give them full money for their work.... Or be a cheap butt wipe and get off easy.

Wait- 29.99 o.O What's that in USD?

About $50.00.

Wait- 29.99 o.O What's that in USD? (I'm silly, I'm sorry) I don't know if I want to give them full money for their work.... Or be a cheap butt wipe and get off easy.

$50.88. You can literally type "£29.99 GBP in USD" into Google and you'll get an answer.

sigh.. Kay' next time I'll do that. 

Also the spindash is not a means of travel. I think you can charge it up to increase it's power as an attack, but not the distance or speed. It shoots Sonic a set, short distance forwards.

From the looks of it, that's seems false. Because every time it's not used in combat from the videos I've seen he launches pretty quick and has a trail which the combat spindash does not have. I may be wrong, this is speculation, but I'm not seeing that.

..I'll watch that video you posted though.

EDIT: Okay yeah, None of those spindashes were charged as long as the one in the video I watched. I could be wrong, but I'll still leave it in the air. There was one that was charged, a little bit longer, but I'll just keep watching.

Just pre-ordered. I don't have any reservations with getting it at that price.

It's obviously a mistake, but I've already paid so...

I know I'm on the edge, but at GAME's price [compared to Amazon's of £54.99] it's a steal.

And I can always change my mind afterward, anyway.

TSS interview with Stephen Frost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3neKGNktA

Worth a listen, we asked one or two questions that the mainstream media doesn't tend to, and we actually got some answers.

He comments on the whole 'Is it Marine' thing.

• Thumbs Up 9

On the subject of Lyric....I swear....I've seen him somewhere before...

Hmm, when I first saw Lyric, I actually though he looked a bit like Dingodile. (From Crash 3.) I'm only talking about the face, though.

0.jpg

But considering they're both lizard based animals, I guess it's to be expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Demo isn't indicative of the full experience"

Aaaand that's just put a few if my worries to rest. Yeah I think I'm okay with this version now. As long as it's exciting and fun, I think I'll enjoy it.

Hmm, when I first saw Lyric, I actually though he looked a bit like Dingodile. (From Crash 3.) I'm only talking about the face, though.

0.jpg

But considering they're both lizard based animals, I guess it's to be expected.

That second message......

Bob stop stealing things from Crash!