Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I mean Individual financial report. 

I take it you just didn't bother to read the link I posted?

EDIT: I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but I trust SEGAbits over "some random guy on a message board."

• Thumbs Up 3

why? 

I just show what Asian gamer thinks this game. Is this a crap thing? So. You want to only good news? 

Financial reports, going on about how much the asians hates Sonic, derailing the topic, etc. We know that the game is getting a lot of negative feedback. That's why we're talking about ways to improve it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I take it you just didn't bother to read the link I posted?

EDIT: I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but I trust SEGAbits over "some random guy on a message board."

http://www.sega.co.jp/wp-content/themes/segacojp/img/20140618.pdf

No. this is Sega official. and if it's not true, Sega is doing window dressing settlement now

and I want to discuss Sonic Boom game, not a Sega individual financial report now

No, no. I personally liked debating about Boom itself and what Sonic is and is not. But talking about SEGA finances- "C'mon don't do it Sonic!" That's how I feel. Because we get into small debacles whenever the finances are mentioned.

Back to Boom: So, they showed off the most un-Sonicy parts from what I remember Frost saying- so, I wonder what the more Sonic parts look like. I saw obligatory homing chains, dash pads, basic Colors-esque platforming, in the one toxic level. So if that's the farthest from Sonic I wonder what the closer to Sonic levels will look and feel like.  

mid-post edit: Also omote, was it necessary to say Asians specifically and a lot of people are already posting negative feedback but it seems you're using it as a scape goat to get on about your finances.

http://www.sega.co.jp/wp-content/themes/segacojp/img/20140618.pdf

No. this is Sega official. and if it's not true, Sega is doing window dressing settlement now

and I want to discuss Sonic Boom game, not a Sega individual financial report now

SEGAbits aren't official, but they get the info from Sega. The first sentence of the article I posted is "SEGA Sammy today announced their full year results..." and then they go on to discuss the info that SEGA released themselves.

If you didn't want to talk about Sega's financial reports, you shouldn't have brought it up.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Omote, can you really not help yourself? Would it kill you to just discuss Sonic Boom and not Sega's finances? You say you don't want to discuss finances, yet you keep bringing it up.

Financial reports, going off about how much asians hates Sonic, etc. We know most people don't like this game. That's why we're talking about ways to improve it.

Hmm. Actually, I'm sure this game isn't have any possibilities of success if Boom doesn't have any attraction for Non-Sonic fans (A.K.A Normal gamer) 

1. Horrible graphic, this game graphic is just Last PS2 game quality. My eyes are rotten by Sonic Boom graphic. and BRB answerd demo level is final version (source)

2. Horrible combat system,. and gameplay

My E3 demo allowed me to explore a few of the game’s different themed levels. There was platforming, running, and a boss battle—each showing the unique aspects of Sonic Boom. The first platforming stage paired me up with Knuckles and it was sort of a brawler type stage. Straight from the get-go I felt something was incredibly off. The timing and precision when attacking enemies felt very clunky and some of my attacks barely registered. This also applied to many of the segments that involved jumping. Then came the lasso. Oh, god. Every time your character needs to pull something they would use this energy lasso, which in concept sounds interesting but ends up feeling dull in practice. It’s basically a web shot mechanic we see in Spiderman games except it’s highly broken and requires a lot of effort to get something simple accomplished. For example, when trying to move the box I had trouble trying to get the lasso to register properly and even when it did it required me to keep pressing down on the A button and move in a certain direction. The one before me (who was playing Sonic Boom at the Nintendo booth) gave up entirely because the lasso didn’t work half the time. I only did it because I wanted to see what was at the end of the demo. Turns out it was a mini-boss which can only be defeated using the lasso by throwing enemies at it. The only problem with was the throwing distance felt off. At times the enemies I threw landed close to where they were supposed to causing more frustration.

This leads to my next biggest problem with my Sonic Boom impression, the pacing. This game is slow. Like, Werehog stages slow, maybe even slower considering the lasso takes forever to get something done. I understand that this is an adventure take on the Sonic universe and I honestly don’t mind that at all. But between the long fights, and moving objects around, it just felt kinda boring. There were diversions that broke up the action. For instance I used the Wii U’s gamepad screen to scan the level for items and then dig them out using Knuckles.

Speaking of which, character swapping was actually a good surprise. One of the few things I enjoyed in my demo is the ability to switch chracters in my party on the fly. The problem with that was some characters suddenly lost their traditional abilities. Knuckles for instance couldn’t glide (but could still climb) and I couldn’t get Tails to fly either. It was baffling considering these were among the staple character traits. It’s like Mario suddenly couldn’t stomp enemies.

My next experience was the running stage which thankfully served to be a lot more fun. The dodging and jumping felt more precise than Sonic Generations’ hectic LB or RB moments. It was fun and had momentum. But even when playing that the third, and possibly worst aspect to Sonic Boom appeared, poor visual quality. The game reeks of it.

check out this, This post is almost same as my opinion.

3. this game has NO attraction for Normal Gamers

So. What is attraction for Normal gamers and kids? Graphic?, Horrible, Gameplay? Horrible, 4 Playable characters? Is Normal gamer are excited by only 4 Playable characters? design? Even western people hates this design, and In asia,,,, They claim abolish Sonic now  TVA, and Toyline? Oh yeah, TVA has a possibilities of success (of course almost 0) but Even if TVA is successful, if they buy Sonic Boom game by Sonic Boom commercial in Sonic Boom TVA, They will be disappointed by Sonic Boom's horrible gameplay and they will hate Sonic Boom TVA either.

But Actually, Sega and Sega Sammy can reduce their loss

It's Delay Sonic Boom release date.

Actually, release date is worst, Pokemon OR AS release date is almost same as Sonic Boom. So, 3DS Sonic Boom sales were crapped. But If they Delay release date, developer have a more time, and Sonic Boom can dodge other AAA title release date.

SEGAbits aren't official, but they get the info from Sega. The first sentence of the article I posted is "SEGA Sammy today announced their full year results..." and then they go on to discuss the info that SEGA released themselves.

If you didn't want to talk about Sega's financial reports, you shouldn't have brought it up.

I think we should discuss this in another thread.. Sorry.

Horrible graphic, this game graphic is just Last PS2 game quality.

ALL people hatred Sonic Boom because of bad design(especially), PS1 Graphic

Make up your mind.

Omote, can you really not help yourself? Would it kill you to just discuss Sonic Boom and not Sega's finances? You say you don't want to discuss finances, yet you keep bringing it up.

He made one mention to finance in his original post. You can claim that he was baiting with it but you have no proof, evidence is everything.

Everything about it he has said from there was in response to what others are saying.

I think its atleast a bit unfair to say hes the one who keeps bringing it up.

Hmm. Actually, I'm sure this game isn't have any possibilities of success if Boom doesn't have any attraction for Non-Sonic fans (A.K.A Normal gamer) 

1. Horrible graphic, this game graphic is just Last PS2 game quality. My eyes are rotten by Sonic Boom graphic. and BRB answerd demo level is final version

Considering you haven't actually seen the game first hand? You can't justify that.

2. Horrible combat system,. and gameplay

check out this, This post is almost same as my opinion.

That's pretty much mostly down to personal opinion. A lot of people hate ow the Werehog plays. I rather enjoy it.

3. this game has NO attraction for Normal Gamers

So. What is attraction for Normal gamers and kids? Graphic?, Horrible, Gameplay? Horrible, 4 Playable characters? Is Normal gamer are excited by only 4 Playable characters? design? Even western people hates this design, and In asia,,,, They claim abolish Sonic now  TVA, and Toyline? Oh yeah, TVA has a possibilities of success (of course almost 0) but Even if TVA is successful, if they buy Sonic Boom game by Sonic Boom commercial in Sonic Boom TVA, They will be disappointed by Sonic Boom's horrible gameplay and they will hate Sonic Boom TVA either.

Graphics: You haven't seen it first hand

Gameplay: Opinion (yes, I understand a majority of people haven't exactly liked the gameplay)

Playable characters: Show me five games in a similar genre without multiple characters. And explain why that's a negative.

Design: The vast majority have grown towards the designs.

TV Show: IIRC I've seen near unanimous acclaim for what we've seen for the TV show

Toyline: The target audience is what; 8-13 year olds? Boom toys will fly off of shelves.

But Actually, Sega and Sega Sammy can reduce their loss

It's Delay Sonic Boom release date.

Actually, release date is worst, Pokemon OR AS release date is almost same as Sonic Boom. So, 3DS Sonic Boom sales were crapped. But If they Delay release date, developer have a more time, and Sonic Boom can dodge other AAA title release date.

Five months from launch? When the game's been worked on since Generations (IIRC, that's since 2011). Considering the game's been worked on for three years, with next to no knowledge about it, they is no chance it'll get delayed.

As for the release date for the games: ORAS is late November and IIRC, we don't have a date within November for Boom yet. It's also a pretty much perfect Christmas present. One at launch, one at Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Literally every time finances come up, he's the one who brought it up. It's been a while, but he's done it several times before. I have literally never seen anyone else bring up Sega's finances.

Yeah, I'm stop mention Sega's finance in this thread. 

and I make another thread, Sega lost over 10B yen in 4Q, 

Sega's 4Q finance thread is this 

He made one mention to finance in his original post. You can claim that he was baiting with it but you have no proof, evidence is everything.

Everything about it he has said from there was in response to what others are saying.

UbiSonic's talking about the shit Omote's been doing since he joined this forum. He's been gone for two months and strikes back up with the same financial shit again and again.

Yeah cause saying they dislike it for more than one reason is just mind boggling

Kinglgort was talking about how Omote first said Boom looked like PS1 graphics then said Boom looks like PS2 graphics.

• Thumbs Up 5

PS1 Graphic

Crash_Bandicoot1.png

Sonic-Boom_06-02-14.jpg

This doesn't look anything like a PS1 game. I'd say probably a PS3 game, but definitely not PS1. Even then, this is a screenshot from an outdated build (the B roll footage).

But on another note, now that I look at it, wow the art styles are similar...

• Thumbs Up 4

Crash_Bandicoot1.png

Sonic-Boom_06-02-14.jpg

This doesn't look anything like a PS1 game. I'd say probably a PS3 game, but definitely not PS1. Even then, this is a screenshot from an outdated build (the B roll footage).

But on another note, now that I look at it, wow the art styles are similar...

Oh My mistake Not PS1 graphic, This game graphic is just a late PS2 game like thunder force 6

It kind of looked like a PS2 game in the B-roll that SEGA showed to the press, but the E3 trailer send footage seemed to be a later build as they looked far better. I don't think SEGA would go as far as releasing a game that looks two generations old on Wii U when in the past they pushed Nintendo consoles to their limits in terms of graphics.

• Thumbs Up 5

Considering you haven't actually seen the game first hand? You can't justify that.

That's pretty much mostly down to personal opinion. A lot of people hate ow the Werehog plays. I rather enjoy it.

Graphics: You haven't seen it first hand

Gameplay: Opinion (yes, I understand a majority of people haven't exactly liked the gameplay)

Playable characters: Show me five games in a similar genre without multiple characters. And explain why that's a negative.

Design: The vast majority have grown towards the designs.

TV Show: IIRC I've seen near unanimous acclaim for what we've seen for the TV show

Toyline: The target audience is what; 8-13 year olds? Boom toys will fly off of shelves.

Five months from launch? When the game's been worked on since Generations (IIRC, that's since 2011). Considering the game's been worked on for three years, with next to no knowledge about it, they is no chance it'll get delayed.

As for the release date for the games: ORAS is late November and IIRC, we don't have a date within November for Boom yet. It's also a pretty much perfect Christmas present. One at launch, one at Christmas.

1. Late PS2 Graphic, like thunder force 6. and Middle Wii game (except nintendo games)

2. Yeah, I respect your orientation but you should know werehog gameplay was BAD.

3. I'm not mean multiple playable characters is bad, I mean multiple playable characters isn't have attraction itself for Normal Gamers.

4. I don't think TV shows will be flopped. because It isn't aired now.

5. Boom toys will fly off of shelves? any acceptable reason? 

6. Pokemon release date - 11/21, Sonic Boom release date - 11/14 (finding source)

Anyway Sonic Boom release month is as same as Pokemon, If you are normal gamer or kids and you can buy only one games which do you buy? Sonic Boom, the unstable game? or Pokemon, Guaranteed quality game?

It kind of looked like a PS2 game in the B-roll that SEGA showed to the press, but the E3 trailer send footage seemed to be a later build as they looked far better. I don't think SEGA would go as far as releasing a game that looks two generations old on Wii U when in the past they pushed Nintendo consoles to their limits in terms of graphics.

Trailer is Just Trailer.

So. think about Sonic 06 trailer.. Trailer was good but...................

Boom toys will fly off of shelves? any acceptable reason? 

Uh, Sonic sells? And any fans of the cartoon will most certainly want them, even if they weren't fans before the cartoon. I already know I want me some Boom plush toys. 

Uh, Sonic sells? And any fans of the cartoon will most certainly want them, even if they weren't fans before the cartoon. I already know I want me some Boom plush toys. 

Ok. But,,. Even if Toyline sales is good. Toy can boost Sonic Boom's sales?.. I don't think So... and Personality, I hope Bandai Namco H,D would make Sonic Boom toyline Instead of Takara Tomy H.D, (Because Bandai Namco's company size, market share, and quality is better than Takara Tomy H.D)

1. Late PS2 Graphic, like thunder force 6. and Middle Wii game (except nintendo games)

Colours was one of the best-looking Wii games. Meanwhile:

Sonic Boom:

large.jpg

Thunder Force 6:

thunderforce6-16.png

Stop.

2. Yeah, I respect your orientation but you should know werehog gameplay was BAD.

If you respect my decision, you wouldn't shove the fact that the Werehog was bad in my face.

3. I'm not mean multiple playable characters is bad, I mean multiple playable characters isn't have attraction itself for Normal Gamers.

Oh, a reasonable point.

But, based on the footage that we've seen. (The exact same shit you've based your gameplay judgement on) The near unanimous thought is that the TV show looks pretty good.

A simple fact of the target demographic. 8-11 year olds will more than likely buy the toys.

6. Pokemon release date - 11/21, Sonic Boom release date - 11/14 (finding source)

Anyway Sonic Boom release month as same as Pokemon, If you are normal gamer or kids and you can buy only one games which do you buy? Sonic Boom, the unstable game? or Pokemon, Guaranteed quality game?

I don't think you looked at my post. One game at release, one game at Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway Sonic Boom release month as same as Pokemon, If you are normal gamer or kids and you can buy only one games which do you buy? Sonic Boom, the unstable game? or Pokemon, Guaranteed quality game?

Trailer is Just Trailer.

So. think about Sonic 06 trailer.. Trailer was good but...................

All hail omote23, may he release us from the dark ages of Sonic we've been having for years...

All hail omote23, may he release us from the dark ages of Sonic we've been having for years...

lol okay. I dunno what you expect omote23 to do, he's just a regular member just like us. Oh, and the 'dark ages' of Sonic kinda died years ago.

Colours was one of the best-looking Wii games. Meanwhile:

Sonic Boom:

large.jpg

Thunder Force 6:

thunderforce6-16.png

Stop.

If you respect my decision, you wouldn't shove the fact that the Werehog was bad in my face.

Oh, a reasonable point.

But, based on the footage that we've seen. (The exact same shit you've based your gameplay judgement on) The near unanimous thought is that the TV show looks pretty good.

A simple fact of the target demographic. 8-11 year olds will more than likely buy the toys.

I don't think you looked at my post. One game at release, one game at Christmas.

1. Oops.. Yeah, Thunder force 6 is made by Sega, and this game is trash 

Comparison target is wrong, Sorry. 

2. Ok.

3. 8~11 years old just like buy toys? Yeah, I acknowledge it, But is it Sonic toys?,,, and Even if Sonic toys sales is good. purpose of toyline is Boost Sonic Boom's sales. But you think it's possible?

4. Ok.. But Other AAA titles can damage to Sonic Booms sales.

P.S Wii's best graphic game is Super Mario Galaxy I think this game graphic is even greater than Call of duty, Sonic Colors, and Most AAA titles.

lol okay. I dunno what you expect omote23 to do, he's just a regular member just like us. Oh, and the 'dark ages' of Sonic kinda died years ago.

That was a joke

3. 8~11 years old just like buy toys? Yeah, I acknowledge it, But is it Sonic toys?,,, and Even if Sonic toys sales is good. purpose of toyline is Boost Sonic Boom's sales. But you think it's possible?

Kids: "Oh, I like this Sonic toy, let's buy it", "Oh, there's a TV show?, let's watch it!", "Oh, there's a game? Let's buy it!"

P.S Wii's best graphic game is Super Mario Galaxy I think this game graphic is even greater than Call of duty, Sonic Colors, and Most AAA titles.

I don't recall saying Super Mario Galaxy looked worse than Sonic Colours. Again, you didn't read my post:

Colours was one of the best-looking Wii games.