Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I always thought Christmas season did start in late November.

Anyway, I don't really get why you're making such a big deal about the release date. To me at least, it seems like an odd thing to get worked up over.

Okay, Pokemon apparently releases in November, and it's very popular, that much I've gathered. I still don't get what's to get upset about, though. The games are coming out in time for Christmas, so I would think fans of both could get both of they wanted both. Either way, I fail to see how sales affect one's personal enjoyment of Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought Christmas season did start in late November.

Anyway, I don't really get why you're making such a big deal about the release date. To me at least, it seems like an odd thing to get worked up over.

Okay, Pokemon apparently releases in November, and it's very popular, that much I've gathered. I still don't get what's to get upset about, though. The games are coming out in time for Christmas, so I would think fans of both could get both of they wanted both. Either way, I fail to see how sales affect one's personal enjoyment of Sonic Boom.

I know Christmas season is just late December. Actually. Game and hardware sales is boosted Only late December

Plus even if late november is included in Christmas season. Sonic Boom release date is middle November.

And release date is big affect to sales. And sales is most important thing in game(If we saw company and investors point of view. Sales is even more important than game quality ) If game sales were bad. No sequel would be release even if game quality is good)

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Eh, I'd rather not worry about the game's sales when it's not even out or near release. Talking about sales and such isn't very enjoyable, and I don't see the point in worrying about something we can't change. I'd prefer it if Sega didn't delay Boom's release anyway. It's hard enough waiting until November.

Quoting for a new page... sorry it's a bit late! XD

Ahh I'm still caught up on that water run. 

Sonic_Boom_Sonic_Running_on_Water.png

Now this looks reaaaally  pretty. :3 If we can expect this kind of polish in the end product then I wouldn't have any complaints about the graphics, at least.

Actually, people are already Christmas shopping. My mom keeps going off about it (she works in retail)

I'm wondering if they'll cut things from the game and the like in Japan. I guess that's a weird thing to think about, but I'm still curious...not that we know enough much about the game, though. (I have a feeling there's a bit that hasn't been said yet...)

SEGA Japan to Demo Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric in Livestream Event June 30th

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/06/sega-japan-to-demo-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-in-livestream-event-june-30th/

Iizuka will also be doing a Q&A with viewers.

Wow Nice news!

this event will reveal how many Japanese people have interest about Sonic Boom and their reaction of Sonic Boom.

P.S event day is exactly same as Sega Sammy and Nintendo's financial report release date. 

I'm wondering if they'll cut things from the game and the like in Japan. I guess that's a weird thing to think about, but I'm still curious...not that we know enough much about the game, though. (I have a feeling there's a bit that hasn't been said yet...)

Hugely unlikely.  Japan is actually more okay with portrayals of light/implied violence and adult themes in kids media.  For example Sonic X had realistic gun sound effects, character deaths, and even images of adult characters responsibly drinking alcohol removed in the western version (granted it also had a scene of adult characters IRRESPONSIBLY drinking alcohol cut out too).

Of course, we don't know how much of these were SEGA's, 4kids' or the TV network's demands.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait.... Alcohols... IN MAH SONIC? Really? I haven't seen much of Jap Sonic X, so I didn't know that. My only question is- why the heck was alcohol in Sonic to being with. I'm not the type that wants Sonic to be super kid friendly but alcohol? That sounds like one of those things that happens when a character meets the real world- then we the viewers have to watch their real world problems, like such, the alcohol. Guess that's just weird to me. 

Observation Mode: Is that a broken plane in the background? Or am I just seeing things.

Sonic_Boom_Sonic_Running_on_Water.png

And since there is no trail behind Sonic, I'm guessing that this is not a Speed section, also I was considering the fact this was a hub but in the Behind the Scenes all four were running by each other, which this may be a Sonic only path- but if So where would this lead? And does that mean any level he finds on the other side will be exclusive to himself and whoever else can get there (Tails and Submarine)?

Weird..

EDIT: That may also be Eggman's base, maybe. Kinda looks like the one in the trailer.... kinda?

I don't think anything will have to be cut out of Boom for Japan, since there probably isn't anything that would be considered 'wrong' with it over there unlike how it worked with Sonic X. I believe there was some more serious dialogue in Sonic Lost World as well in the Japanese release.

Wait.... Alcohols... IN MAH SONIC? Really? I haven't seen much of Jap Sonic X, so I didn't know that. My only question is- why the heck was alcohol in Sonic to being with. I'm not the type that wants Sonic to be super kid friendly but alcohol? That sounds like one of those things that happens when a character meets the real world- then we the viewers have to watch their real world problems, like such, the alcohol. Guess that's just weird to me. 

Uncle Chuck and various other characters are seen drinking wine with meals during Series 1, and Eggman goes to a bar owned by Vector in Series 2 and orders an alcoholic drink in a brooding film noir parody sorta way.  Not done in a "drowning his sorrows" kinda way, just an adult enjoying a drink during downtime kinda way.  In the dub I think this scene was left in but dialogue was added to make it clear he was ordering a soft drink of some kind.

For the more extreme example I can understand being cut, in one episode, Sonic is supposed to be meeting with the president as a symbol of the nation accepting Sonic and friends as heroes etc.  Sonic decides he's got better things to be doing so the episode involves the military trying to track him down, while at the white house the president's aide is trying to distract the press from getting bored and leaving.  He does this by offering them some fancy wine and other drinks, and (off-screen) they all end up drinking so much of it by the end of the day, that when Sonic finally arrives to meet with the president, all the press have fallen asleep from getting so tipsy and no-one is able to take the photo.  Cue Scooby Doo everyone laughs ending lol.

In the dub, I forget how they justified them falling asleep (I think they just got that bored), but the wine was replaced with him offering various silly food items like huge gourmet sausages and such.

Oh okay. That's not as bad. I was thinking too extreme :P Guess that's what the blue blur does, make you think X-TREME. 

But yeah okay, that's more sensible and stuff.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Culture differences. Good that they'll get to enjoy the whole package, then!

I must respectfully disagree...

The article goes on to talk about the existing fanbase happy, but points out that we're also the vocal minority (which is very true). Boom just needs to a few familiar faces and the mention of speed really to fall in line with what newcomers need to know.

Reaching 'as many people as possible'

Cause that worked sooo well when SEGA tried it.

Boom just needs to a few familiar faces and the mention of speed really to fall in line with what newcomers need to know.

Maybe im just forgeting how to renglish but.. What exactly are you saying.

I think that if it has sonic in the name then, it's a sonic game.

If its a sonic game then its not a very good one. just like call of duty wouldnt be much of a cod game if you used swords 90% of the time.

I think that if it has sonic in the name then, it's a sonic game.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Luckily, for me at least, this game has more than just Sonic's name going for it. 

I respect what BRB's trying to do with this game. They're trying to make this game more accessible to non-Sonic fans, and while, obviously, not everyone is going to love them (or their game) for changing certain things to make this happen, I personally think they're doing a fine job.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Luckily, for me at least, this game has more than just Sonic's name going for it.

I respect what BRB's trying to do with this game. They're trying to make this game more accessible to non-Sonic fans, and while, obviously, not everyone is going to love them (or their game) for changing certain things to make this happen, I personally think they're doing a fine job.

I never knew name and game rhymed. Yes, I agree with this whole paragraph.

If its a sonic game then its not a very good one. just like call of duty wouldnt be much of a cod game if you used swords 90% of the time.

Its still a cod game because it has call of duty in the name.

Maybe im just forgeting how to renglish but.. What exactly are you saying.

I'm saying that newcomers are the target audience and, unfortunately, they won't be specifically interested in looking for the same things existing fans look for. All they'll be interested in knowing is that it's a Sonic game by name and includes the same characters.

We're the vocal minority and while they don't want to alienate us, it's kind of inevitable and not the biggest deal .

• Thumbs Up 1

Well put Blue Blood.

In conjunction with Boom being its own thing, despite the take of older pre-existing fans, the newcomers aren't looking for the specifics of what one may call "a good Sonic game", thus denoting the fact that our can very well succeed by way of the name and adding on of a videogame genre to boot.

After so much Sonic nostalgia and the same formula switching game, I think this kind of change is good.

• Thumbs Up 2

After so much Sonic nostalgia and the same formula switching game, I think this kind of change is good.

I agree that the Sonic series has stagnated and done the nostalgia thing too much (and poorly in many titles), and have wanted change for a while. That's why, once I got over the character designs admittedly, I rather welcomed Boom. But so far the gameplay seems both dull and too different. That's the problem.

• Thumbs Up 9