Awoo.

RUMOUR: Next Sonic Game Allegedly has a working prototype - "Another new gameplay style? But we just got one...no...two!"

Willsy

For people doubting, first heres the actual post endri said that comment in:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=32126&view=findpost&p=788331

Second, if anyone recalls this is the same dude who told us about the partnerNET build of Sonic 4 if he didn't and we didn't voice our complaints then Sonic 4 would've been much, MUCH worse then mediocre.

Hes a developer and apart of the Microsoft Creators Club, you can trust his word Endri is not one to lie about anything.

I'm actually wondering if they are returning to Adventure gameplay. Not Generations and not Lost World seems to say that to me. Now that Sonic is a bit slower, they don't have to spend as much to make the stages. Which also means a longer game, both due to lack of boost send more/longer stages.

I could dig something like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Little letdown by this. I mean while Lost World was middling at best I thought it had it's share of good ideas that could've been improved and made fun for the next game. Oh well.

...where are you even getting this from...?

I j- FIRST of all, this is still a rumor. SECOND, even if it is true, we have not seen a single millisecond of this alleged prototype. How you even came to this conclusion is- ugh.

This is taking jumping to conclusions to another level.

Its an assumption, an assumption based on history. I didn't think I would need to say we haven't seen anything yet :V

Place your bets.

How much do you think they will try to do it all over again with a new gameplay style before moving onto another new gameplay style the game afterwards?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad it's not like Lost World. I already have a series to satisfy my Mario needs. It's called Mario.

I want a game to satisfy my Sonic needs, you know, Speedy platforming.

I know people loved to draw comparisons between SLW and Mario asthetic wise but gameplay wise it really wasnt THAT similar outside of the usual thigns shared between most platformers :/

• Thumbs Up 8

I know people loved to draw comparisons between SLW and Mario asthetic wise but gameplay wise it really wasnt THAT similar outside of the usual thigns shared between most platformers :/

The level design, the most important thing in a platformer is basically a big Mario ripoff. Sonic's trademark loops and hills were replaced by Mario style flat floors, squared walls, enemies in Silent Forest reminiscent of Thwomps and of course Galaxy style planetoids. Oh and in the case of the 3DS version, pushing fruits like in Sunshine.

I love Sonic dude, but I see a ripoff, I'll point it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dangit, Wil, you stole my idea, lol. But yeah I was really holding back my "Uh-oh, Adventure Three! (insert TriHard twitch emote)"

I feel this might be a good thing. As always what comes with the good? Bad. Could turn out to be a dirty piece or a shinning gold piece a poo? Might even be that they strike gold with this. The fact that they keep changing gameplay styles and such, isn't bad. But at the same time it's not good. 

In the long run: Switching every time means that we will never how the next games quality will be and whether or not it had anything to do with the switch in gameplay or not. That also means a much more diverse and unpleasable fanbase. You will never know if "Blank Formula" had continued would it be better? Like for us people who want Adventure 3 (well used to at least) We all wanted to know "If this was continued and refined, would it have been better than 'x' game?"

Short term: Each game can offer a different play style that a gamer might prefer which would only mean bringing in more fans. If they can pull people with new different takes, they can bring in more fanbase which means more money to produce even better games. It can also offer a new fresh take for people getting bored with the franchise.

So I really lost my train of thought because I was interrupted so, I'll leave it at that.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Now they told it's Mircrosoft Devs and Xbox but I guess that won't make that game an Xbox Exclusive (I think with it's Kinect) or possible, just make it on both systems. I can't tell if it's be multi-platform but we'll have to wait and see.

Ugh, and I'm supposed to be buying another new gen console (besides my a Wii U I mean) this year. If I get a PS4 and it turns out it's X1 exclusive, then fuck, but if I get an Xbox One and it turns out to be a multiplatform game then I just bought the system which might possibly get an inferior version of the game.

I can't see them making another Xbox exclusive unless it's a Kinect game. And something tells me they won't be doing that again.

The level design, the most important thing in a platformer is basically a big Mario ripoff. Sonic's trademark loops and hills were replaced by Mario style flat floors, squared walls, 

Well we might as well start calling Sonic Colors a Mario ripoff then (hell some people DID when it came out)

love Sonic dude, but I see a ripoff, I'll point it out.

So do I, but I know really flimsy reasoning when I see it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wanna go back to this for a sec:

I'm actually wondering if they are returning to Adventure gameplay. Not Generations and not Lost World seems to say that to me.

If this was the case, I wouldn't be too butthurt, because I used to say that my ideals gameplay style would be a mix of Adventure and Generations, so if I can't have the Generations part just Adventure would be the next best thing.

Though, that wouldn't be new, though, would it? Unless by "new" they meant different.

I think they meant new as in different from what they 'currently' had. But who knows, how much different can you make it from earlier titles? Unless they're gonna give us a big ba- boom with something that's just completely different. 

No I'm not agreeing that Boom is different from normal. I still stand that it's different but not completely something not Sonic at all. I just thought it'd be a funny line :U

I'd honestly be fine with something between Generations and Lost World. The only issues I had with Lost World were level design and Sonics speed. The moveset itself I liked.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, if Mario does a thing, even once, ever, no one else can do it, because that would make it a ripoff.

Honestly, I think people are confusing 'rip-off' with 'heavily inspired by'. And considering Lost World was developed during the current Sega-Nintendo partnership period, I'm pretty sure the game would fall into the latter category.

• Thumbs Up 3

SLW didn't feel like a Mario game to me. It had some very questionable level design which is an issue that I don't seem to have with Mario often.

"Xbox One-exclusive implementations" 

Before more people assume stuff that isn't true: this probably just means things like Achievements and possible Kinect integration. (EDIT: In fact, it could also just mean getting it working on Xbox One-only hardware stuff) I highly doubt that the next Sonic game will be Xbox One exclusive.

Also, this is barely news at all. Sonic Team is known for switching up the gameplay with each Sonic game. And considering that this game has probably been in development since Generations or at the very least Lost World, it'd be worrying if there wasn't a working prototype at this point. It should also be expected that after the Wii U deal is over (so after Sonic Boom) SEGA is sure as hell not keeping their Sonic games Wii U exclusive.

Um, has this game really been in development since Generations? I thought that was Boo- Oh or Lost World... okay that makes sense.

But it is slightly important news because now we can speculate the gameplay. Of course we did know there was a possibility that they'd change the gameplay to something new, but now there is a more concrete evidence this is so.

Before more people assume stuff that isn't true: this probably just means things like Achievements and possible Kinect integration. (EDIT: In fact, it could also just mean getting it working on Xbox One-only hardware stuff) I highly doubt that the next Sonic game will be Xbox One exclusive.

Also, this is barely news at all. Sonic Team is known for switching up the gameplay with each Sonic game. And considering that this game has probably been in development since Generations or at the very least Lost World, it'd be worrying if there wasn't a working prototype at this point. It should also be expected that after the Wii U deal is over (so after Sonic Boom) SEGA is sure as hell not keeping their Sonic games Wii U exclusive.

Yeah I can't see them making it Xbox One exclusive. Doesn't Sonic do better on Playstation than Xbox? Plus, why wouldn't SEGA want to cash in on the PS4's success by releasing their mascot on the system?

yes, i agree with wil348, i´m not seeing this supposed new game as an exclusive, since lost world and sonic boom are exclusives, the next game should be a multiplatform, released for ps4 and xbox one, and who knows, maybe they release it to PC gamers too

but this is another history, let me dream a little

Furthermore, considering the success of Generations and company, not to mention the capacities of 8th gen, why skip out on the PC crowd as well?

• Thumbs Up 4

Furthermore, considering the success of Generations and company, not to mention the capacities of 8th gen, why skip out on the PC crowd as well?

Course. I think we can all agree that Sonic being back to multiplatform is a good thing. Blue Blurs for everyone! XD

Agreed.

I see no reason why they wouldn't go back to releasing on multiple platforms (PC & PS4) if they don't renew their partnership with Nintendo. The thing is you never can predict what SEGA will do. For all we know they might stick with Nintendo or even go PS4 exclusive. 

As for the Sonic games we've been getting with different gameplay styles, honestly I just role with it these days. Maybe one day they will make a gameplay formula which is a success and then stick with it. I haven't given up on Boom just yet. As for the new game, all we heard is that it's not LW2 and it's a different type of game, which tells us..........fuck all. We need more details.

Ooh, a PC version is a must. Generations is still going strong on PC all thanks to modding, and it doesn't really look to be winding down yet either.

• Thumbs Up 3