Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

That was truly an amazing match. And I'm glad the referee gave a red card to that Uruguay player that was a real dirty move on his part. 

Fun (or not-so-fun) fact:

there's a pub near my town which serves free beer for every goal Italy scores.

That's... pretty messed up mellow.png

Yeah, they are doing the same in the pub right in front of  my house. I don't care about football, but I think I can at least try to watch the game. Hey, free beer.

Fun (or not-so-fun) fact:

there's a pub near my town which serves free beer for every goal Italy scores.

That's... pretty messed up mellow.png

Yeah, they are doing the same in the pub right in front of  my house. I don't care about football, but I think I can at least try to watch the game. Hey, free beer.

Then go grab your first free beer ;)

Amazing match so far! I'm impressed with England, Sturridge (or Sterling?) is playing amazingly well and so is Welbeck. The defense however...God I really hope England can score another one! Come onnn!

Unless England blows us away like Holland did, I expect a 2-1 for Italy.

Well well well, looks like my guess was correct. =[

Mind you, even though England lost they did play MUCH better than at the World Cup 4 years ago. Some of their younger players are fantastic, but players like Rooney are terrible and deserve to be on the bench. With Uruguay up next and Costa Rica being surprisingly good team, I wonder if England will even scrape by.

I have to agree that England played really well this time. Shame that they still lost though. D: I actually thought the ball went in near the beginning if the game and even the commentators thought it was a goal.

My guess was correct (2-1 Italy), but I wanted England to win smile.png Anyway, soon Team Pikachu will shock in the fields :lol:

>rooney

dicks_football.jpg

you've no idea how accompanying these games is making my reaction pic folder grow. it's amazing.

Anyways I'm hype for Portugal this monday. not out of hope we'll win, but so I can finally listen to it on the radio. Now THAT'S a way to accompany a game.

So the trend keeps on going. No ties and all but one match had more than one goal. I hope they don't dry out of goals for the upcoming matches

So far it has been a very good start to the World Cup, certainly has not been as boring as some of the last World Cup matches i have seen. The highlight for me was Holland thrashing Spain, but keep the quality like that and I will be watching every game at this rate

I think England will be OK, Italy seems to just get that extra edge in close games. If England plays as well as they did there, I think they can at least get second. (Or better, if Costa Rica or Uruguay get an upset over Italy and we have a better f/a)

I don't get why this goal is suspicious.

Even without the Goal-Line Technology, it's clear that the ball passed the line mellow.png

Poor Japan. D: They were winning at first until Ivory Coast came back and scored one goal after another to beat them.

What a game between Ecuador and Switzerland! It looked like it was going to end with a tie game until Switzerland scores a last minute goal to win it!

I don't get why this goal is suspicious.

Even without the Goal-Line Technology, it's clear that the ball passed the line mellow.png

It isn't suspicious in the least - people (especially the UK commentator) are being idiots.

The shot hit the post, then bounced across to the keeper, then rolled over the line. The GLT clearly had to check both instances to be sure: does credit go to Benzema, or is it an own-goal? Because the first instance was NOT a goal, people for some reason think there's an inconsistency when the second instance was a goal, despite it being an entirely different test.

Though to be fair, in real time and replays I wasn't sure. The GLT made the decision for me, and it seems to have worked well. Which is good.

I've been away all weekend, so I've only seen highlights of Saturday's games and Switzerland Vs Ecuador.

Colombia seemed good even without Falcao, and Greece looked insipid. If Uruguay keep playing like they did, there is nothing for England to fear, but well done to Costa Rica for their performance. As for England themselves...there is hope. I;m worried that we seemed restricted to long-shots, but Italy will always be difficult to break down. 2 wins are necessary to progress, and it is not out of the question. Not easy, but not impossible.

Can't say too much about Japan Vs Ivory Coast and Switzerland Vs Ecuador.

As for France Vs Honduras, which has just ended - a well deserved win for France. When England played Honduras, there was no absolutely no need for their over-physical approach to the game. Today, they were somehow even worse. I'm amazed there was only the one red card, they were despicable. Football is a contact sport - there should be a physical side to it. But they're just thugs.

I've done a lot of travelling this weekend and had a late night last night...but I want to see how Argentina play as well. Screw it, I'm going to try and stay awake. I'm not in work this week anyway :D

does credit go to Benzema, or is it an own-goal?

They computed it as an Own Goal from Valladares

Oh, I know, I'm saying that's part of the reason both instances needed to be checked though. Though, on replay, that first instance was nowhere near over the line and probably didn't need checking. Ah well.

Quick start to the Argentina Vs Bosnia game. There seem to be a lot of own goals and penalties this year.

Well, they suffered more than they should, but in the end they got a 2-1 victory keeping the no ties trend and also already got 37 goals in 11 matches.

Also, Jesus was watching Argentina's match today :P

deus.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, they suffered more than they should, but in the end they got a 2-1 victory keeping the no ties trend and also already got 37 goals in 11 matches.

Also, Jesus was watching Argentina's match today tongue.png

deus.jpg

You made my day there! laugh.png that cracked me up!!!

Anyways, really hyped for tomorrow!  I'm rooting for Germany, but here's hoping for an exciting match.

Also rooting for all my US friends here :3 ...although not to be a pessimist but I think the chances of qualifying are quite slim (sorry! sorry! xD)

I was expecting a Germany victory...but I wasn't expecting them to be 3-0 by half time...

Okay, decided to watch with my mum the first half of Germany vs. Portugal since I thought with both sides skills it would be a good match but after the first half, had a enough since it was pretty much one sided and corruption is why I don't really like football (or many sports).

There was a penalty given by the referee for a slight trip that felt was unfairly given and gave the Portuguese player a yellow card, the first goal was easily given and the first thing we said was fixed. This wasn't the only time that the referee had a bias towards Germany. Every time a Portugal player was on the floor, he didn't want to know but a slight knock from a German player, he'll be there like a hawk with free kicks, the ref was pushing Nani away and he also broke the no drink water rule. Considering Angela Merkel was there, I do wonder something and my dad thought that she'll be bribing the ref with Euros...

One of my mum's comments was that "It was more fixed than Chase", The Chase is a gameshow like many are fixed (like one the other week, Shaun let the players win on an easy question that he knew) and she wanted Portugal to stop playing and walk out (since she likes Cristiano Ronaldo). There was even a bit of a conflict too between the two sides.

The second and the third Germany goals fair enough as I felt that there were correctly given with good skill and what Pepe did to Muller was wrong with the headbutting (red card). I do like both teams equally and I knew the German football side is strong but there is a difference between winning fair and square and winning from influencial advantages (which is why I see them winning but 2-0).

All the matches were entertaining and with goals and Iran-Nigeria came and ruined that trend with a boring 0-0 :(

What a start for the USA! We won't see a goal scored quicker than that this tournament! Great touch from Dempsey to start with.

As for Germany Vs Portugal, the Germans were in clear control even before the sending of (Pepe never does himself any favours). I'm tempted to say this could be even more damaging for the Portuguese than Spain's 5-1 loss, as they have the suspension and injury to live with as well.

Iran defended well, and though Nigeria were clearly the better side, they earnt their point. Nigeria just didn't have the quality in that final third, disappointing match really. But hey, considering the high standard we've had so far, we were bound to have a duff game eventually.

Well, it's halftime and the US is still ahead 1-0 thankfully. Unfortunately, we already had two injuries. I'm not counting Ghana out yet though since they have beaten us in past World Cups, but if we want to increase our chances of getting out of the group stage, then we need to beat them.