Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

I'm rooting for Italy this afternoon! They're our only chance of getting through the Group. Well, that and England somehow beating a surprisingly crazy good Costa Rica. Ummmm...

Btw, I know it's still days away but I really hope Holland can beat Chile. Both are tied on points, and the one who loses has to play against Brazil. *shudder*

I must admit that the matches I found the most boring, were of the host, Brazil. Totally different from their Confederations Cup performance... And the teams that I couldn't give a fuck about are delivering a show, like Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile and Japan vs Greece yesterday, even without any goals.

Is not like I'm not rooting for my country, it's just that I know they can do much better than this.

Welp, guess Costa Rica is going to beat Italy 1-0. England is most definitely out. Dayum those Costa Rican players are really good! o__o

Oh well, all I can say now is hup hup Holland because that's the only other team I'm supporting who's still in!

Btw can I just add that one commentator we have for this match is a pathetic twat who keeps slagging off England and praising the AMAZING talents of Costa Rica and it's getting on my nerves. Yes, we get it. England has lost, they didn't play well this year. SHUT UP.

Dammit Italy you had one job

Seriously though, Costa Rica are on fire in this World Cup. They thrashed Uruguay 3-1, they've just toppled the Italian titans 1-0... and England have got to play them next? How obscene is that scoreline gonna be?!

Never would I, or anyone else probably for that matter, have expected Costa Rica to be the first team in Group D to earn a guaranteed spot in the second round. Kudos to them, and it means the Italy v Uruguay match next week is all or nothing for the two remaining teams.

And as for England... well... they may as well not even bother turning up now, surely? They've got no reason to be there, aside from getting to play kingmakers - if they win (and oh how ironic that would be), Costa Rica may only come second in the group, but if they lose then Costa Rica go rocketing to the top.

It ends not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Costa Rica totally deserve to go through, and I'm not even upset anymore. Just that usual resigned feeling. Might as well play all the kids against Costa Rica, can't do any worse than the first team.

Well done Costa Rica. Fully deserved. I kinda want the results of the last two Group D game to go their way so they end up on top. With Group C's fairly weak teams, progressing further into the knock-out rounds is a real possibility if they play like they did against Italy and Uruguay.

Also...

9WCOsMc.jpg

So fitting since they were considered free points for a lot of fans of the big 3 in the group before the WC started.

tongue.png

Geez, Italy did a poor match. Both Pirlo and Balotelli barely saw the ball's color, the whole team did a lot of wrong passes and finalizations. Costa Rica showed that they don't need european stars to play a great match. Keep it up!

This is basically Costa Rica after watching the group predictions today

820.gif

And Ecuador must be regaining hope watching France ruining Switzerland's goal difference

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that was a bit of a barnstormer! Dominant from France, but Switzerland never gave up and rescued some of their goal difference.

Like hell I'm staying up for Ecuador Vs Honduras though.

Here in the Spanish TV station in the US, a good majority of the commentators brushed off Costa Rica. When they won against Uruguay , one of them actually said he had to eat his words. But still today they said that Costa Rica would be a breeze for Italy to beat. To be honest Costa Rica can lose in the Rounds of 16 and I'll still be happy since they were able to show the world they could go up and win against two of soccer's giants.

A bit late here, but dammit, Italy! You had one job! D:

I'm not surprised at the results though since it was going to take a miracle for England to advance. It's a shame they're out already. Come on, Netherlands! Please win against Chile so that you don't have to face Brazil!

For a moment I thought I was watching Milan(*) playing instead of Italy.

(*)Milan is the Italian team where Balotelli comes from, and it's famous for its umbelievable failures against weaker teams

For a moment I thought I was watching Milan(*) playing instead of Italy.

(*)Milan is the Italian team where Balotelli comes from, and it's famous for its umbelievable failures against weaker teams

It's ironic because lots of Italy's players come from Juventus tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What is happening Argentina? Where are your goals?

Does this answer the question?

dfa6dbc346425c16b4a9dfa1c6e32cfc344175.g

It's clear that they want us to die of a heart attack

• Thumbs Up 1

That second half between Germany and Ghana was absolutely incredible, end-to-end stuff throughout. Both teams will feel they could have won that, a good old-fashioned full-blooded encounter.

If USA beat Portugal, they will qualify for the next round. Any other result will leave the group wide open.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't kept up with fifa rules but let say a group doesnt have two win teams. Do they do another round robin match up or go by goal differentials to select two team

I haven't kept up with fifa rules but let say a group doesnt have two win teams. Do they do another round robin match up or go by goal differentials to select two team

If the teams are tied in the number of points, the tiebreaker criteria are (in order): goal difference, number of goals, result of the match between the tied teams, highest FIFA ranking.

Algeria are looking pretty good against South Korea and are outplaying them. I can't wait for USA vs Portugal later tonight, as I am half American and am confident that we can beat Portugal. As the Portuguese depend on their star man Cristiano Ronaldo too much. If he does not perform than Portugal don't play well.