Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

I just tuned in to watch the last couple of minutes of USA vs Portugal and OMFG Portugal scored a second goal for tie in the last minute of extra time! Unbelieveable! O_O

Mind you, USA is still on top so I don't know why that team looks so down in the dumps. I guess the next two games depend on whether they will qualify or not.

That was exhausting to watch, LOL. It was so close! I was on needles and pins up until the end. I'm happy with a tie, so there's no need to act crestfallen. I can't wait for us to play Germany. Damn, that was fun. :D 

In order to advance, we either need to tie or beat Germany which is not going to be easy.

Germany don't need to do anything really. They will too be happy with a draw. They will still qualify and top the group.

What USA must do, is not lose (or they can, but pray that Ghana don't win).

P.S - I hated this match. I'm Portuguese-American. I want both teams to qualify, and my head was spinning today. Luckily you guys didn't see me live.

Oh man, that was such a close call for the USA last night. I was hoping they'd win right from the start of the game - call me cruel, but I just really wanted to see another upset and have a big team like Portugal crash out in the early stages - and after they managed to go into the lead at 2-1, I was rooting for them all the way. And then to be forced to accept a draw with essentially the last kick of the game... just, ouch... I guess they got a little too confident, let the ball slip away that little bit too easily, and all it took is one good shot from Portugal to score. Unlucky!

Oh man, that was such a close call for the USA last night. I was hoping they'd win right from the start of the game - call me cruel, but I just really wanted to see another upset and have a big team like Portugal crash out in the early stages - and after they managed to go into the lead at 2-1, I was rooting for them all the way. And then to be forced to accept a draw with essentially the last kick of the game... just, ouch... I guess they got a little too confident, let the ball slip away that little bit too easily, and all it took is one good shot from Portugal to score. Unlucky!

Screw you. No more upsets on my Portugal. T_T

Hope Portugal smash Ghana in the final match. I still have USA to support if Portugal are unable to find 5 goals (and USA can't beat Germany).

And Holland beat Chile 2-0! =D There were many chances for Chile (and Holland!) to score but in the end Holland was victorious. So Chile now plays Brazil, while Holland plays either Mexico or Croatia, whoever wins the next game at 9PM.

Go Oranje, hup hup!

Well Holland is now going to play Mexico, and if Mexico plays like they did today on Sunday then it's going to be an exciting game.

• Thumbs Up 1

South Korea vs Algeria was an unexpected treat, who could have guessed six goals from that game?

Can't comment on USA vs Portugal as I've only seen the three minute highlights.

I watched the Chile Vs Netherlands game, I'd say overall the Dutch deserved it. Typical that Spain finally decided to start playing like Spain when they were eliminated though. Maybe England can do the same?

hahahahahahahaha who the hell am I kidding.

I've also just watched Mexico Vs Croatia, and after a tense first half, Mexico really turned it on the second half and were blistering, Croatia really had no answer for them. They even looked like they might win the group on goal difference at one point! Also, their manager is amazing.

Just saw the highlights of the Brazil Vs Cameroon too (excpet the Cameroon goal, for some weird reason), it seemed more like the Brazil we imagine.

I tell you what though, I wouldn't want to try and predict either of these second-round matches.

Mexico Vs Netherlands - Mexico are clearly no pushovers. The Dutch will be favourites, but that will be tough.

Brazil Vs Chile - Tonight aside, Brazil have laboured, and Chile are dangerous, despit their poor head-to-head record.

Tasty prospects.

Well done, Netherlands on beating Chile! Thank goodness you don't have to face Brazil for the next game!

That may be true, but remember that Mexico are pretty good too so Holland are up against challenging team. Not as bad as Brazil, but still. Should be very exciting though!

Anyways, tomorrow England is playing against Costa Rica. Oh boy.

Yellow card for Balotelli, yay.

That's what I hate about Milan Italy: when they can't score, they start to beat their opponents and get reprimended.

EDIT: You know what? They (I refuse to say "we") deserve to lose.

I didn't watch the England game. From what I gather, it was awful.

I watched Italy Vs Uruguay, which truth be told, wasn't much better. Definitely a Red Card for Marchisio (exactly the same as the Croatian red card last night).

But Suarez.

Luis. Freaking. Suarez.

Did he really just bite an opposing player AGAIN?! This is at least the third time I have seen/heard about him biting.

I don't care how good a footballer he is. The guy's a disgrace and has no place in sport. Needs a fucking muzzle.

Hell, if a dog bit as many people as Suarez has it'd be put down.

• Thumbs Up 1

So England bow out with a draw, putting Costa Rica at the top of the group to face the runners up of Group C.

I can't help but feel I should have watched the Italy v Uruguay game instead though - Uruguay have knocked Italy out of the tournament by beating them 1-0 and earning 2nd place in the group, but Suarez has apparently been up to his old biting tricks again? What a dirty, dirty player. Stuff like that just sickens me, it's uncalled for.

I've heard that you have to bite every chance you get.

I don't think they meant it like that...

On a serious note, does this guy EVER learn?!

So if you have a problem just bite your way out of it...

Tails-bite-Sonic-s-ear-miles-tails-prowe

Quite a surprise to see Italy not make it through the group stages, but they were very poor to be fair.

As for England, well as least we got a point...

England vs Costa Rica was boring me to tears and it would've been nice if we could score against them. Still, England and Italy are both out and it seems that the Italy vs Uruguay match was way more exciting. Or at least had more exciting stuff happening, like this.

https://vine.co/v/MtJ5VEMBg6d

Luis Suarez, or El Ratta as I like to call him has done it again! This is the THIRD time now that he has bitten someone in a football match and this time he did at the World Cup!

Wtf is up with this guy? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player but when he does stupid shit like this I hate him more and more. Funny thing is I had an inkling he would end up doing something really stupid this World Cup since he never learns and all, lo and behold he does it!

So apparently FIFA are now already investigating into the incident and I'm sure he's not gonna get away with it. There's even a picture of Chiellini with obvious bite marks in his shoulder. How much more obvious proof do you need?

Chiellini-bite.jpg

Expecting a ban from the World Cup by FIFA now and rightfully so. Great job Suarez, stupid twat!

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the worst things about the Suarez incident (besides the very idea that someone would even do such a thing) is that he even dared to play the victim afterwards. If you watch the clip back, Suarez bites Chiellini, who then - quite understandably - reacts and knocks Suarez back with his arm. Suarez, the massive idiot that he is, then falls to the ground in "agony" while clutching his teeth. It's an outrage that the officials failed see the incident, but if for some reason they had and Uruguay had been awarded a penalty for Suarez's blatant dive... well, just imagine the controversy then!

Suarez absolutely deserves to be banned from international football now, and dare I say it, club football as well. He clearly can't be trusted as he's done this three times now. Yeah, he's an excellent player but if he's a potential hazard to everyone else on the pitch and he can't respect the game enough to play by the rules, why does he deserve to be on the field in place of someone else who wouldn't even dream of biting someone?

Seriously. It's despicable. Footballers are already disgustingly overpaid and lionised, the least they could do is have some common decency for their fellow player.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chiellini-bite.jpg

Expecting a ban from the World Cup by FIFA now and rightfully so. Great job Suarez, stupid twat!

Holy Moly, that's something Count Dracula would be proud of blink.png

Late, LATE drama tonight! Greece Vs Ivory Coast headed for a draw, IC scraping through to the 2nd Round...and a Penalty!

Cooly taken, but devasting for the Ivorians. What a way to end a match.