Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

Chiellini-bite.jpg

Expecting a ban from the World Cup by FIFA now and rightfully so. Great job Suarez, stupid twat!

Jesus Christ! If that's not worthy of a ban, then I don't know what is!

I dont remember Suarez doing the other bites but he is obviously the biggest dick ever. A player can run past him and just because of the breeze the player left behind he falls and acts like if it the end of the world. Why do they still let him play soccer still after previous insidence of misconduct and stupidity

My God, I thought Suarez ate lunch before the game? =/

But about Luis Suarez, football is played on instincts, you rarely have time to think much at all. When your instinct causes you to bite people you can't control that, it's happened thrice, it will happen again. People say what was he thinking doing that, it's simple, he wasn't, and you shouldn't expect him to either. It will happen again, it's just part of who he is.

I'm not defending Suarez, because I remember him biting Ivanovic during the Liverpool-Chelsea game that pissed me off so bad. He shouldn't be playing football really until he gets checked. Banning him for 20 games won't change his behavior.

He needs to be banned and get some psychiatric treatment on the side, because it's quite obvious now that this biting thing is some kind of weird problem Suarez has. Doing it once is bad, twice is ridiculous but three times now? He doesn't deserve to play football anymore with his behaviour, unless he sorts out the stupid biting mentality.

And the deliberate handball last World Cup against Ghana.

Suarez has actually done many things that makes him a dirty player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whew...That was quite a match, but the victory was achieved and the leadership of the group with it

Argentina Vs Nigeria was another exciting game, the entertainment this World Cup has provided is absolutely stellar.

Eucador have just been eliminated, but my word their goalkeeper put in a man-of-the-match tournament to earn their ten-man team a draw tonight.

The crowds have been amazing too, seeing fans from different countries interact with each other in the stands and party together has been great to see. One moment in particular the cameras caught earlier was opposing fans swapping their football shirts with each other, thirty minutes before full-time! Lovely to see.

Luis Suarez has been banned for four months.

Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The Liverpool player, 27, has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

He will also miss the first nine games of the Premier League season.

The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16.

Uruguay have three days to appeal against the decision.

Suarez has also been fined 100,000 Swiss francs (£65,680).

Apparently, the nine international matches means he will also miss the Copa America next year. He's also banned from entering any football stadium in these next four months, or even training with his club (same goes for Uruguay matches until after the Copa America). He can also make a transfer to another club.

Honestly, I thought it would be more. The month from the World Cup final until the start of the domestic season has very little football activity take place. The fine isn't even one week's wages for him, either. I'm disappointed.

In other news, Ghana have sent two of their players home for behind the scenes stuff. Not good for Ghana, that's bound to affect the team tonight against Portugal, which will indirectly help the USA qualfiy, possibly.

Speaking of tonight's football, I've already got everything in place to enjoy the action. This is how I was watching Argentina Vs Nigeria yesterday:
post-156-0-06093600-1403796481_thumb.jpg

...and Bosnia Vs Iran, of course.

Suarez got the ban he rightfully deserved but I do think only a 9 game ban isn't harsh enough, and even with four months without football will he have learned from his actions? I doubt it somehow. He's a nasty git who will surely, in a couple of months or a year's time will do something stupid again whether it's biting related or not. And surely now Liverpool will want him kicked out of their team? Either way I'm glad he's been banned and I wonder how far Uruguay will make it now without their "star" player.

I'm glad that Suarez has been punished for his actions, but only nine international games and four months in general? That's a ridiculously light charge considering this is his third time biting someone. He should have to sit out the best part of a season with a huge cut on his pay - his actions were downright despicable and there's no way you can defend what he did.

It just disgusts me how footballers get paid obscene amounts of money and then feel the need to act like complete idiots or spoiled brats when things don't go their way. And for heaven's sake, the least you can do is have some sportsmanship - otherwise why on earth are you being allowed to play in the first place?

I hope Liverpool gives him the boot for all the bad press he'll bring to the club, but somehow I doubt it, him being a top scorer an' all.

Such a poor role model for the footballers of tomorrow. I'm sure a few of them will grow up thinking they can do whatever they like on the pitch, because who cares, at worst you have a few months of sitting around in your mansion doing nothing and then you're back on the field getting piles of extra cash that you don't need.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy that Suarez got the ban hammer. He deserves it.

In other news...

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! (Thank you based Ronaldo)

Eh the U.S./Germany game was boring as hell, Germany didn't care enough to play since they were going to advance. The U.S. showed no real desire to attack, though I guess knowing they would advance anyways cost them their fighting spirit and decided to defend just in case.

I don't care what you say about USA, this video sums up what I think about them advancing. ;)

I wish that FIFA would treat similar cases to how they treated Suarez's case. I mean, there've been some nasty elbow/leg hits that would have deserved a santion. I mean hey, those were broadcasted and recorded too.

It'd have been great too if back then, they would have acted the same way when Schumacher knocked out Battiston after hitting him with the knee

I wish that FIFA would treat similar cases to how they treated Suarez's case. I mean, there've been some nasty elbow/leg hits that would have deserved a santion. I mean hey, those were broadcasted and recorded too.

It'd have been great too if back then, they would have acted the same way when Schumacher knocked out Battiston after hitting him with the knee

That would entail alot of trials since its more common occurrence, unlkke the bitting that only Suarez does. Plus I think that the direct red card when caught is good method to deal with the kicks

Such drama! Even watching Shoot-Outs as a neutral, my heart pounds with every run-up, every miss, every save...only with a goal do I feel relief. Hate to think what that was like for you Jango...

In the Colombia Vs Uruguay game, we have a new contender for goal of the tournament.

858510292.gif?1403987810

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole game was a torture. Brazil played poorly, while Chile found themselves in the second half. Not to mention the terrible referee, Hulk suffered a penalty that wasn't marked and had a fair goal that didn't count. That sure wasn't his hand on the ball, mate. But the real star was the goal-keeper, Julio Cesar. I always found him a great goal-keeper, and today he showed that to everyone. Hero. On another hand, all the other 10 players better go train their asses off. Except David, he's awesome.

And Colombia gave a show.

It looks like Uruguay and Suarez...

*puts on sunglasses*

Bites the dust.

YEEEEAAAAHHH

• Thumbs Up 1

Not surprised Uruguay lost against Columbia. Without their star player, they're nothing. =I Besides, I didn't want Uruguay to win cos they don't deserve it so good going Columbia!

As for Chile and Brazil, unbelievable they had to go to penalties in the end and a shame Chile went out. D: Also, Howard Webb proves once again he is one of the worst referees out there.

You did it, Netherlands! I'm so happy! I was worried they weren't going to make it since it was coming down to the wire, but they pulled through!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, plot twist! Holy crap Netherlands! Even with everything against you, the sun, the public and the time you managed to win!

Poor Ochoa. Sorry man, but Julio Cesar's still the best goal-keeper!