Awoo.

LittleBigPlanet 3 - November 2014 (PS4)

Brad

In LittleBigPlanet 3, explore a world filled with creativity as you explore all corners of the Imagisphere, meet the inhabitants of the mysterious planet Bunkum and face the nefarious Newton. Discover endless surprises that the LittleBigPlanet Community have created and shared for you to enjoy, with new levels and games to play every day. Then if you're feeling inspired, flex your creative muscles with the powerful and intuitive customization tools, to bring your own imagination to life in LittleBigPlanet 3.

Surprise! Announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference 2014 - LittleBigPlanet 3, the sequel to PS3's LittleBigPlanet 2 by Media Molecule (this title, however, being developed by Sumo Digital), has been announced exclusively for Playstation consoles. Featuring a plethora of new items and characters like Oddsock with unique individual abilities, you have more options than ever before to create unique gaming experiences for the community to play. Very exciting stuff. Previously created levels will be available on LittleBigPlanet 3 and will receive graphical updates. I'll update this OP when further details become available.

source

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm so hyped.

I honestly couldn't think that they could make LittlebigPlanet and better. And here I was thinking they wouldn't make a triquel.

Now I'm 100% sold on getting a Ps4.

6037.gif

Man, I was totally sure they wouldn't show this game! Now I've definitely got one reason to get a PS4!

I cannot tell how happy I am they're doing the multiplane gameplay approach, it may allow you to create completely 3D levels but since it's inarguably the closest thing yet I'll take it. The animal buddies are also precious. And I'm surprised it (unlike a chunk of other big games) is actually coming out this year.

Though I have to agree with Autosaver that I'm a bit weary having Sumo Digital develop it. LBPK was considered a bit of a step down from MNR, despite being developed by the same people (United Front and San Diego Studio). I'll probably won't get it for a long while (due to not having a PS4 and all), but I do hope Sumo Digital (presumably with collaboration with MM) does a great job having it live up to (if not against all odd surpass) the charm and overall excellence original two console games.

AAAAAWWWWWWW YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIISSSHHH

* ahem*

Looks like I'm settled on getting a PS4 then. :D

Maaaan Little Big Planet is a franchise I always want to love but I can just never get into all the floatiness caused by how everything is physics based.  The aesthetics and mood is as great as ever, waaah makes me so nostalgic for Uni when I first played LBP1 at a friend's house.

That explains why it's not much of a leap from the PS3 games, technically speaking. Perhaps they repurposed LBP Hub into it.

That's a shame...well, we should be expecting cross gen games for the next 2 or so years.

Annualized franchises, some downloadables and lagging japanese developers will be cross gen, but everything mid-sized and upwards is rapidly transitioning.

Not sure how to feel about this.

Speaking as a guy who doesn't have a PS4 (and from the look of things won't have one anytime soon) but has a PS3, it's awesome news. I'd literally them have the entire official LBP trilogy for my PS3. But it being a cross-gen game, especially with them being a trend these days, kinda makes it less special.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always wanted to play LBP since I love the visual aesthetics, but I'm not really into creating my own games since for some reason I don't have the creativity in gaming design. ^^;;

Knowing now that's is a PS3 game as well as PS4 is not a good sign though, because Sony is seriously lacking in exclusives this year. Most of them are coming out next year, and instead we're getting lots of third party titles on the PS4. Not good Sony.

Knowing now that's is a PS3 game as well as PS4 is not a good sign though, because Sony is seriously lacking in exclusives this year. Most of them are coming out next year, and instead we're getting lots of third party titles on the PS4. Not good Sony.

If we use that barometer then Microsoft is doing even worse in terms of exclusives, lol. Likewise, the only relevant exclusive Nintendo has left for this year is Smash Bros. Third party titles are what's gonna sell the most like they always do, so I don't think they're concerned about that.

2014 just hasn't been too prolific overall.

It's kind of as if the PS4 is the polar opposite of the Wii U. Loads of third part support, very little first party. It's sad because I actually wanted a PS4, but now I'm reconsidering. I might get an Xbone instead.

This game bring on PS3 kind of makes it less special to me now. I was hoping for a great PS4 exclusive, but now all it has coming out now is Driveclub.

• Thumbs Up 2

That post makes it seem you're implying it cannot be a great PS4 game simply because it's also on PS3.

You're free to pick up an Xbone too but be aware the only thing it has coming out now is Sunset Overdrive, so...

It's kind of as if the PS4 is the polar opposite of the Wii U. Loads of third part support, very little first party. It's sad because I actually wanted a PS4, but now I'm reconsidering. I might get an Xbone instead.

This game bring on PS3 kind of makes it less special to me now. I was hoping for a great PS4 exclusive, but now all it has coming out now is Driveclub.

You're kidding right? Sony has a huge number of first party/second party studios, you think they are all sitting around doing nothing? There's still gamescom in a couple of months time.

And as I told Gabz in the Nintendo E3 thread, SO is the only exclusive out for XONE this year.

That one comparison is skewed because Nintendo started this gen a year earlier (and their studios weren't outputting significant titles during the Wii's last years). Most of Microsoft and especially Sony's teams have had less time to work on PS4/Xbone projects.

I'm not sure why have it on PS3. That may as well split up sales on the PS4 version. Ah well.

If we use that barometer then Microsoft is doing even worse in terms of exclusives, lol. Likewise, the only relevant exclusive Nintendo has left for this year is Smash Bros. Third party titles are what's gonna sell the most like they always do, so I don't think they're concerned about that.

2014 just hasn't been too prolific overall.

Hyrule Warriors is looking pretty relevant, along with Bayonetta 2+1.

If Bayonetta was relevant Nintendo wouldn't have had to pay SEGA to uncancel its development.

If Bayonetta was relevant Nintendo wouldn't have had to pay SEGA to uncancel its development.

Not relevant sales wise, but definitely quality wise. 

That was never in question. But I'm afraid it's not going to be a factor for Sony or Microsoft to worry about when it comes to Fall lineups.

Even though it'll almost certainly be the best game released for the whole year.

That was never in question. But I'm afraid it's not going to be a factor for Sony or Microsoft to worry about when it comes to Fall lineups.

Even though it'll almost certainly be the best game released for the whole year.

Oh yeah, I don't think Sony has too much to worry about this year, they've got a lot of hype to ride off of. It's Microsoft who are probably more worried; they have next to nothing coming out this year that is their own. LBP may share space on PS3 and PS4, but it's something exclusive.