Awoo.

Sonic Jump Fever [iOS/Android] - What do you mean you want Sonic in a SONIC game?!

Doctor MK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOTIJMs_5hQ

Just revealed via SEGA Europe's YouTube channel... it's the much awaited(?) sequel to Sonic Jump!

Bouncing its way on iOS and Android devices "soon", this mobile game - presumably made by Hardlight Studios - will have more combos, more action, and more FEVER!

Anyone excited for this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm... Isn't this already out in Canada?

Oh yeah, so it is! Genuinely didn't know that ohmy.png

Is it meant to be any good? Or is it basically just more of the same?

EDIT: Video of some guy playing the Canadian version. Definitely looks more involved than the original Jump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBapWXKwog

Oh yeah, so it is! Genuinely didn't know that :o

Is it meant to be any good? Or is it basically just more of the same?

Yeah, well, SEGA sort of soft launched it there with no fanfare quite a while ago. It's a bit weird. I think it's basically just Jump, but with a few new bells and whistles.

I'm guessing they purposely held off releasing Sonic Jump content (SOME THATS ALREADY IN THE GAME!) so they could release a new game and make you pay for that instead.

They didn't even bother to finish the first game. There's still an entire zone that needs to be unlocked through an update. No way I'm buying this for that very reason.

Okay I got to pay this game at a special E3 party event today and it's definitely a big improvement over the original with alot of platforms and enemies everywhere and a good sense of speed for a game about jumping you up in the air. It's like the first game on steroids, only it seems to be more focused on the time than dying. No matter what, I seemed to get to the top and watch as Sonic took off in a balloon and left his little animal friends to die. I tried to help, honest! I flicked as many of them as I could into the basket, but the bastard just wouldn't wait!!

Anyway, one thing that will really appeal to Sonic fans in this game are Chaos. Yup, they're back! There's a Chao garden min i game and you collect a number of Chaos that have different abilities that help the player.One might defend Sonic,one might attack enemies another might boost your jumps and so on. There was about a dozen of them in the demo I played. Chaos galore.

chaos

*twitches*

Chao. The plural of Chao is Chao.

Glad to see the game is a nice little bit of fun. But I don't understand why SEGA haven't released it yet, haven't set a release date and why they've launched it in Canada.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like it fixes all the gripes I had with the original, and it has Chao! Any news if it will be free to play, or will it be like the original (god I hope not)?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...a bit gobsmacked this isn't out yet. Canada had this game for months now, what's taking so long?

I have a feeling that Hardlight have now abandoned Original Jump and Dash in favor of Jump Fever.

As the original Sonic Jump as we all know, has not been updated for almost 2 years while Dash's last update is adding Cream to the party which was back at Easter.

Dash Fever is probably in the works too maybe, which will be similar to Dash S for Japan.

A reminder that Jump Fever is now available in App Store and Google Play. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so I'm playing this game, and it's started me off playing as... Tails?

In the Mechanical Zone?!

Yeah I got Tails too. Strange...

Oh look! Mechanical Zone! The zone we have been waiting for in the original!

Heh, I've been trying to download this game all day but it's not been showing up as available until just now. Let's give this a go...

I guess Tails is the default character because he's like an 'easy mode' with the way he falls slower than everyone else. Knuckles is the most expensive unlock at the moment, presumably because he retains his super high double jump.

Are you KIDDING ME

Sonic

SONIC

IS AN UNLOCKABLE!?

What do you mean you wanted to play as Sonic in Sonic Jump Fever? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you KIDDING ME

Sonic

SONIC

IS AN UNLOCKABLE!?

It's like the complete reverse of Sola Sonica. 

Only it's not as bad because Tails is the fucking master of all. The fox says kneel. 

Overall, from what I've played, it's a big improvement over the original Sonic Jump. It's more lenient, though in Mechanical Zone it's a little bit difficult to see what's going on. 

It's more fun than the original Jump, but I still like the plain and simple arcade mode of the original (and the gorgeous story art). Plus this one has a limit to how much you can play each day I think, unless you pay for more energy.