Awoo.

Sonic Jump Fever [iOS/Android] - What do you mean you want Sonic in a SONIC game?!

Doctor MK

Ugh, I hate limits like that. :( 

I hope they remove it, because that's just bullshit. I know it's a free to play game but there are other things that require microtransactions that would have made them money anyway.

Can we change the topic title to reflect sonic being an unlockable?

Dammit Dis you stole my joke about him having a fever. :P

I've just unlocked Sonic now, and I've managed to get quite far through the stage with him in comparison to Tails. I also had a Dark Chao with me, but I haven't befriended it. it costs over 3000 red star rings from what I remember.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose I see the logic in the decision if Tails is the easy mode but... wow, that's just hilarious. They should have had Tails AND Sonic available, with Tails advertised as an easy mode.

Can we change the topic title to reflect sonic being an unlockable?

I second this motion.

"Sonic Jump Fever - What do you mean you wanted to play as Sonic?!"

We should have seen this coming when the title said he had a fever.

I approve, well played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I just ran out of energy. It's not a huge deal, it's only meant to be a pick up and play for a little while game, but it's still pretty shitty for people who might want to play longer without having to pay to play the game. I can understand characters and perks/Chao, but making it like Facebook games kind of sucks. I hope the inevitable Sonic Dash sequel doesn't go this route.

Sonic Jump Fever (iOS/Android) "Sorry Sonic, with a body temperature of 102°, we can't let you participate"

• Thumbs Up 6

I hate that F2P practices are constantly getting more and more money-hungry. I've refused in-app purchases since day one on free games, but now I really wish more people would follow suit.

• Thumbs Up 2

I never do in app purchases. I'd rather spend they money on a full game. But I agree, IAP's are getting more and more ridiculous. DLC Quest makes fun of this, but it's frighteningly true.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm admittedly guilty of doing in-app purchases.

It's the cost/benefit analysis at work. You can either put in more time, or more money.

Most people roll with money because it's only a dollar or two at a given moment. They'd rather pay an extra dollar or two than spend hours trying to unlock something.

So, while the practice is demonized... it's really businesses just doing what they do best: determining what the public wants and finding a way to profit from it.

I didn't want to spend a ton of time to unlock Tails or Knuckles in Dash, so I just forked over money when the Red Rings were on sale. Better 4 dollars than 4 hours. I can make a lot more than 4 dollars in the same time span. It's the more financially savvy decision.

So Jump Fever is free, unlike Jump. Well that's weird. I guess they saw the opportunity to make more cash with the microtransaction model.

No thread for it? Ouch.

Now downloading the game. A SEGA app launched simultaneously on Android and iOS is a rare occurrence!

The ups involve a pretty stable launch and good performance unlike Sonic Racing Transformed and Sonic Dash. Also comes with a bit of tutorials explaining things in the game and its menus. Returning are the Chao, which for the first time ever helps Tails and his friends (I'll get back to why I mentioned Tails not Sonic) in their jumping, rather than wait to be helped by Tails and co. My first Chao, named Neutral, found me hidden platforms for instance. The gameplay is fun and speedy. Whenever you get hit by a badnik, unlike original Jump, you stop to a screeching halt, do your death animation and restart below where you died (at the bottom of the screen) in a cannon, free of charge. Same for falling. You also don't lose rings, they are for collection.

Now for the downs. The upgrades are for not all characters but per characters. By upgrading Tails you upgrade his shields and magnets for instance but they won't carry over to Knuckles. You start with only Tails, much alike Sonic Racing Transformed mobile and begin earning your way to the likes of Amy via red star rings or character tokens. I believe Sonic was unlocked as soon as I got to try the Chao searching mechanic.

But lo and behold, you have "energy," a la a good 99% of all Facebook games. One point gets depleted per jump and gets restored every 30 or 25 minutes. Run out of all energy, you can't jump anymore. Unless you ask for a friend for refill, bring 1 bar back by viewing an ad video, or paying 40 red star rings.

There is also the spin wheel returning from Dash, but you get to spin it with your finger rather than tap a button. Zones change per time. I've played Green Hill Zone for a couple of times before I welcomed Mechanical Zone, which looked like the coming soon stage in original Jump (!!!). Next would be Jungle Zone in more hours left from now. No way to choose your preferred stage.

You might like it but you'd still raise an eyebrow. It won't be long till the game gets some loud Dash treatment by the fans and ditch energy altogether because its not Candy Crush Saga where you lose energy for every loss not every played stage, I predict.

No thread for it? Ouch.

Pain relieved?

No thread for it?

It would welcome some in-depth impressions. All we know for now is that people are being given Tails to play with instead of the titular character.

Did anyone else have an ad for another game play after playing a level?

Yes. That's how Free To Play games operate. They get their revenue primarily from advertisements and often ask you to "pay to remove them." 

The game is pretty fun but I wish the timer was longer and that we can use skills to actually keep up. Every jump last like a minute or two.

Are we gonna start asset ripping from this? love to have some of the new music.

In fact I need both sets of music in HQ to send to a friend over at FFShrine so I can get a complete soundtrack.

Words cannot express my rage right now. This game refers to multiple chao as "chaos". FFFFFFFFF

• Thumbs Up 5

Words cannot express my rage right now. This game refers to multiple chao as "chaos". FFFFFFFFF

Having Sonic as an unlockable character is one thing, but this... THIS... unacceptable! We all need to boycott this game, pronto!

Alternatively - Hardlight Studio, y u no understand irregular plurals?

Hardlighty, ignore the two above.

Would rather see the energy bar go poof! Maybe replace it with a rewards bar but that's it...

Hey, may be a very minor point, but it's still a point. Factual accuracy is nice.

This game's FTP model sucks.

For 99 cents, they offer a ton of gold rings and some red rings along with cancelling the ads. I'm like "Okay, I believe in supporting the game anyway!" But NOOOPE! "Can't connect to servers, will unlock later" This is the games servers having a problem. Not my iPad.

Also, cancelling ads means nothing with that stupid energy thing. You have to watch an ad all the way through if you want to play again once your energy runs out or wait ten minutes or more. You should NEVER keep me away from playing your game by forcing me not to play it or pay up. I was fine with paying for double rings and whatnot to help unlock stuff quicker in Sonic Dash so why punish me here with this BS? 

I love the "awww" when you flick some animals up and they totally miss the balloon. Sonic's like "Screw you guys, I'm taking off!!"

With the advent of character specific unlock tokens, using red rings to unlock a character is kind of pointless. Not to mention super expensive now. I've already got quite a few tokens towards Blaze.

I preferred the "level by level" of the original game over this scoring/time mechanic. It doesn't feel like any real progression outside of unlocking stuff.

Unlike others, I do like leveling up specific characters it gives you more of a reason to go back to others once you've maxed out one character or stay with a favorite to bulk up.

Is it always gonna cost me 3,000 coins to unlock a new Chao or is this thing time based?

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who thinks It's weird they show off pictures of Rouge,Shadow, and Silver in the trailer despite the fact they are no where to be seen here?

Also as for my thoughts on the game. I think It's more fun than the original although It is incredibly more flawed than the original which more or less makes it more hard to decide which is better. I hate the new timer feature which limits the amount of games you can play at once for example along with not being able to choose the level as playing in one stage for too long just gets way too repetitive to go through. There's also unlocking characters which is sort of good and bad. The new character token thing is great but they are way still too overpriced especially Knuckles.

There's also the annoying thing that ads keep popping up after every single game and keep in mind each game lasts about a minute at most so you'll be seeing these ads a lot. Sure you can skip them but you have to wait until about 5 seconds into the video and that along with the energy bar constantly keeps breaking the flow of the game by stopping you right in your tracks before you can play again.

Whelp, now i'm waiting 20 minutes before I can play the fucking game again. Also, I PAID THE 99 CENTS FOR MORE RINGS AND TO STOP ADS BUT "OOOOH NO! WE'RE HAVING A SERVER PROBLEM!" MEANWHILE I'VE PAID, AND I'M STUCK WITH THESE FUCKING ADS!" Ahem! Sorry.

Get your shit right day one. I should get what I paid for. Also, this "Waiting" FTP model is bullshit. Always has been bullshit. Always will be bullshit. You get people to buy rings and shit buy letting them PLAY the game because they want to unlock stuff. Not to mention to microtransaction part isn't working so you can't buy shit right now anyway!

This is like, day one Sonic Dash where everything was messed up and the game sucked. I'm sure a lot of it will be fixed later, but right now, it's not worth my time.

While waiting for the next time I can play, I made 1,000 rings just watching a bunch of ads. This is what the game wants you to  do when you can't play, XP

"Sonic Jump Fever: The game where you watch ads"

• Thumbs Up 4