Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

Considering the price, I think I'm better off buying Skyward Sword on Eshop if I so wish to get extra Zelda in my life.  Certainly offers more content that what the season pass will offer.

19 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

9b740668a3ae4ec8997493972a17dcf4.png

Lol, no you don't. You're confusing playing online and needing PS+ with buying shit somehow.

Santa Maria @.@ do I feel bad *hides under table at work*

the season pass is $20. NOT the individual packs,the season pass. you get chests and clothing as a bonus,and you get the upcoming DLC packs for no extra cost. you're not paying $20 for one dungeon and a hard mode,you're paying for guaranteed day one access to both DLC packs. this doesn't mean nintendo is going to be a microsoft clone because they released DLC,this doesn't mean the hypothetical next nintendo console will need the kinect to browse menus and have the kinect require an internet connection and lock all internet features behind an $80 paywall. the individual packs will be cheaper. people clearly don't know what a season pass is.

1 minute ago, blueblur98 said:

the season pass is $20. NOT the individual packs,the season pass. you get chests and clothing as a bonus,and you get the upcoming DLC packs for no extra cost. you're not paying $20 for one dungeon and a hard mode,you're paying for guaranteed day one access to both DLC packs. this doesn't mean nintendo is going to be a microsoft clone because they released DLC,this doesn't mean the hypothetical next nintendo console will need the kinect to browse menus and have the kinect require an internet connection and lock all internet features behind an $80 paywall. the individual packs will be cheaper. people clearly don't know what a season pass is.

I know what a Season Pass is and I still think the price is bad.

You're better off buying bread and cold meat if you're spending $20 on sandwiches. Heck, even pre-bought I can't imagine sandwiches amounting to $20 because most sandwiches are about $2.  

I understand the knee-jerk reaction most have when this kind of stuff is even mentioned but I'll be honest here, I've rarely had a bad experience with DLC. Like, they're there if you want it and you don't have to get it if you don't. For the most part, I've actually enjoyed most of the DLC I've purchased. It's all about reading up on them and deciding whether it's worth your money to invest in them; just like a game.

I guess it's the season pass route they're taking here that gets to me a bit. In most cases, season passes are accompanied with the option of purchasing each individual piece of content separately. Say, like in Arkham Knight if you just want the story content and and not the AR missions or skins you can purchase just that (and the season pass is just the discounted option for getting them all). With this, you have to pay for all the stuff you don't want to get the things you do. It's really weird considering that Nintendo has usually been pretty good with DLC up till this with Smash and what not.

Anyways, I'll just wait to see what the full package offers. As long as the base game is solid, I fail to see how the existence of a season pass ruins anything otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Conando said:

To be fair, every piece of Nintendo DLC so far has been worth the price of admission. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Smash Bros DLC I'd argue was a scattershot. Wasn't each individual character like 5 bucks and the stages ranged from 2-3?

Generally the characters and stages came in packs for 8 dollars. With things like MK 8, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Golf, I'm not ready to sound the alarm yet.

I am not against the concept of DLC from what I've seen in the past Nintendo has been pretty fair with it. The problem is the fact that they announced this before the game released and the fact that you have to pay for hard mode again-(the first being Twilight Princess HD with the Ganondorf amiibo) raises a red flag for me. 

12 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I am not against the concept of DLC from what I've seen in the past Nintendo has been pretty fair with it. The problem is the fact that they announced this before the game released and the fact that you have to pay for hard mode again-(the first being Twilight Princess HD with the Ganondorf amiibo) raises a red flag for me. 

I forget, has BotW gone gold yet? It has, right? I don't see much of a difference between announcing it when it comes out and announcing it after its completed.

I personally will wait until I know exactly what I'm getting before I buy it, though. It's a bit too vague for me. I really like the idea of the Switch logo shirt, though!

6 minutes ago, Conando said:

Considering it releases in about 2 weeks? Yes, it's gone gold. It was probably already at release candidate in early January.

I thought so but I'm scared to assume things on forums these days lel

So yeah I don't really see a problem if they announce DLC for an already completed game.

41 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

A second hard mode, Hero mode was in the game, the Dorf amiibo just doubled damage in either mode.

Alleged Game Guide leak spills the beans on dungeon counts and names. Be wary of possible spoilers.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/367846405/breath-of-the-wild-dungeons

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338165&page=6

Now I'm going to explain why its utter BS (spoiler warning in case this info IS legit, but let's be real, its not; does reference known location names from the map, though):

Spoiler

The map we see explains the four giants were sent in four different directions. The translations tell us this.

The alleged leak says that the water dungeon is located at Lake Altum Shore.

We know the elephant is in the southeast corner of the map because of the map we have and the translations saying they went in four directions.

Altun is the NORTHEAST region of the map. Not the southeast. Lake Altun Shore would presumably be the skull lake, but it can't be where the elephant is because the elephant is in the southeast corner of the map.

Also, the dungeon is called "Stormhoof." Elephants don't have hooves.

The elephant is most likely wading through the ocean in the southeast corner. Please don't believe this BS leak.

The main reason I'm sharing this is to explain why its BS before someone finds it, falls for it, and posts it here. No screenshots of the Game Guide were posted, and the original source is 4chan. None of the names except what is presumably the Gerudo girl's name are anything new either.

Well, it does "name" the dungeons, but they're nothing special at all.

EDIT: F***. I used the wrong tag. Fixed the spoiler tag.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll wait and see how the DLC pans out before completely disowning it, nintendo's been pretty good with DLC up until this point (way more than I can say for other companies out there *looking at you Ubisoft*), I just wish they wouldn't be so vague on literally everything, I mean being surprised is great and all but there comes a point where your going to want to explain some things so we don't get backlash moments like this more than we need to. Unless they just don't have the specifics down yet (in other word what exactly they want these additional contents to be) they literally have no good reason not explain at least some of this to the masses, its pretty much the same deal as with the switch and some of its details being so vague.

I posted this in the Switch thread by accident, hehe

Bill Trinen explains why they made DLC for BotW:

“It was tough, because we actually had a lot of debate in terms of do we announce it, how do we announce it. I think one of the things that’s unique about the way Nintendo develops games is when we’re working on a game, and certainly just knowing the history of Nintendo games, you guys know that it’s essentially we use every last minute to make the game as good as we possibly can, and really what that means is that the dev team was working on the main game, finished the main game, and as they’re starting to get to the very end and wrap it up, really they said, ‘You know we’ve made this massive world of Hyrule, we’ve spent a long time building it. It would be a waste to just make one game and have that be it.’ We want people to be able to enjoy exploring this world, and so they started thinking about, ‘Well, if we were going to do DLC, what would we do, how would we do it?’ And you can see that in the fact that it’s not… the DLC is not launching the day after the game or the week after. It’s coming out several months later in the form of the first pack and then several months after that in the form of the second pack. And that’s because the content is in development.

And so I think from my perspective, obviously if we were able to share more details, that would have been easier, but I think if you look to the example of something like a Mario Kart-type of a DLC approach, really what the goal is is let’s give people the option to purchase it when they’re at the store buying the game and give them something to look forward to, and kind of let them know there’s more to come in this world. And if you’re a Zelda fan buying Nintendo Switch at launch and really you’re buying it for Zelda, I mean how happy are you to know that hey, I’m going to be able to play more Zelda in this world again later this year.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/20/bill-trinen-has-explained-why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-getting-dlc/

Heads up for anyone trying to avoid spoilers, apparently the Wii U version of the game seems to have leaked, so assets from the game and stuff are starting to pop up.

Now would be a great time for people to go on last minute spoiler lockdowns, or whatever.

From what I'm hearing, its not a full leak. It sounds like its coming from the preload on Wii U and at the moment they're only able to get some assets out of it. Some nice stuff in there. The stuff leaked so far isn't anything major or spoilery, though there are some nice surprises people might rather enjoy seeing in-game.

However, its possible actual story spoiler could come out of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Leaks are still leaks, man.  There's some stuff out there that I'm sure people would rather be surprised by.

That is true, but I'm just letting people know its not as bad as people online are making it out to be. There is an ISO available online that comes from the EU Wii U eShop preload, but it doesn't have the encryption key to allow the game to actually be playable. I doubt we'll get much more out of this other than some additional assets. We probably won't even see all the weapons and outfits available before the physical game gets leaked through a broken street date.

I read through this NeoGAF thread to confirm where the info is coming from:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346237