Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

21 hours ago, KHCast said:

So do we know if it's just Ganon and not Ganondorf this time that is going to be in the game? Cause one of the elders simply used Ganon to refer to the evil Link is supposed to defeat. That would be a first for a 3D Zelda iirc(Excluding SS and MM of course) if Ganondorf indeed won't be appearing

He's called "Calamity Ganon" in this game, which points to him being more of a force of nature this time rather than a being. It could point toward Ganondorf being absent, but who knows what kind of twists they'll put on it.

Spoiler

I still think the Old Man is Ganondorf and I'm sticking by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder how that is gonna work if that is the case since 

Spoiler

He's supposed to be a physical manifestation(aka being) of demise's hatred for Link.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

He's called "Calamity Ganon" in this game, which points to him being more of a force of nature this time rather than a being. It could point toward Ganondorf being absent, but who knows what kind of twists they'll put on it.

Reveal hidden contents

I still think the Old Man is Ganondorf and I'm sticking by it.

I'd be fine with Ganondorf being a separate entity from Calamity Ganon. But I don't think its what you're thinking.

As for Calamity Ganon, its too early to say what it is. It has been pointed out that it great resembles Ganondorf's dark power emanating from him in Hyrule Warriors.

Calamity Ganon seems to be the actual cloud of evil, which would imply that either Ganon has completely lost his physical body entirely, or that his evil powers have been separated from the actual person he once was.  That would mean Ganondorf is either deader than dead or more human than ever.  Which basically means we don't know jack and are right back where we started.

• 1 month later...

Good to see some new bit of footage from Nintendo, but I'm not sure what we're supposed to make of it aside from the fact that it's confirmed the Temple of Time with both OoT and SS elements attached to it.

I think that's the point though. It's confirmed that the Temple of Time is in this game, and its in shambles, just like in Twilight Princess.

Unlike Twilight Princess though, the Temple of Time is not surrounded by a secluded off grove. It's standing out plain as day, in the original spot and viewpoint as it did in Ocarina of Time.

This could be the Temple of Time from the Fallen Hero timeline.

They seem to really be pushing the skyward Sword goddess statues and OoT design with this footage, perhaps hinting that those events(SS & OoT) will play a large role somehow?(OoT and SS are the beginning of the timeline before the split supposedly after all)

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo has recently been posting small snippets of video on their social media accounts showing off old information in slightly newer ones. A video surfaced today on Twitter however that's awesome:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/771046445969321984/video/1

You can shoot a fire arrow on the ground while paragliding in order to create a draft to regain height and keep you afloat. I need a demo now.

• Thumbs Up 1

It Has COME. the Gamexplain analysis video!

Also, here's something to consider, what if the fallen hero timeline came about, not due to the failure of the hero, but rather the failure of Zelda escaping with the OoT?

• 1 month later...

Breath of the Wild confirmed to be playable on the go!

You can also see a new swamp area where Link fights a big Moblin.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Breath of the Wild confirmed to be playable on the go!

You can also see a new swamp area where Link fights a big Moblin.

That "swamp area" isn't new. Pretty sure we've seen that area before, just not the spot where the Moblin is. That is part of the Moblin family for sure, but most definitely isn't a Moblin; its only got one eye.

4 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

That "swamp area" isn't new. Pretty sure we've seen that area before, just not the spot where the Moblin is. That is part of the Moblin family for sure, but most definitely isn't a Moblin; its only got one eye.

I don't think we can say whether it's new or not.  The only area we've really seen much of is the plateau, and I can't remember off hand if I've seen a terrain layout like that.  It almost has to be new.

Also, I vote for referring to this thing as the Cycloblin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Ok straight off the bat: Flight, Zelda, and it looks like you can recruit companion creatures in game(that dog was acting similarly to what we've seen of Wolf link, and making a general mechanic of that makes sense)

Can't wait for the gamexplain analysis

Also more stuff is coming later... this is my first time in a Zelda hype cycle, I loved(and have beaten) all the previous Zelda games so

That or Falco super fused with a loftwing lol. Also, can we just appreciate the music for a second? Like...god damn that is really good shit haha

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

rito.png

Rito confirm?

That was my first thought, though he is a lot more bird than the Rito were. Still, I could see this being set post-WW (we have seen that Koroks are in, after all) and this guy being an "evolved" Rito, having fully transitioned into bird people rather than beaked people granted wings by a dragon.

2 minutes ago, サイヤ人の王子 said:

The mysterious new character is Zelda. She doesn't always have to wear pink!

The one at the end of the trailer, probably. The question in my mind is if that's the same person from earlier in the trailer, and if not, who that one is.

• Thumbs Up 1

HNGH IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

Also, at least we have a good idea of what the floating island we saw in the Treehouse demonstration is now. No more rumors about Skyloft. ;~; Just as well, I imagine the two hidden figures in the trailer are both Zelda. The first one is holding the Sheikah Slate, and I don't see any reason to believe the person who possesses one is someone else, especially since the voice in the beginning telling Link all about it coincides nicely with the light in Hyrule castle when Calamity Ganon appears. If Nintendo surprises us on that, it'll be nice, but any mysterious Hylian woman at this point can be easily counted on to be Zelda.

I would really love that music to be an example of ambient exploration music.  Much as a big orchestral theme would be nice for use sparingly, the music in this trailer is exactly the sort of minimalistic thing I'd love for exploring the main overworld.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now I'm not gonna make any hard predictions over a few seconds of intentionally-vague torso shots, but my maybe-a-longshot guess/hope is that mysterious woman #1 is Link. Possibly present-time Link, as opposed to stasis pod Link we've been seeing. Or, possibly, another pod-Link. Because she looks Link as fuck to me and waking up in a pod is such a strange way to start a Zelda game.

• Thumbs Up 1