Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

Mass produced Links. Though really I'm pretty damn sure it's Zelda, they'd likely stick her in stasis too when shit went south.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read: That final shot is either super late into the game or something else is going on, because Link has the Master Sword on his back. Thought Nintendo would've saved that.

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Just read: That final shot is either super late into the game or something else is going on, because Link has the Master Sword on his back. Thought Nintendo would've saved that.

I thought that had to be the castle they were standing in front of but I didn't catch the Master Sword. That means that the two women are likely the same person, just at different points.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's his sister actually.

5 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Then again, from what we know, you can like proceed any way you want to in this game. Perhaps it's not that late into the game after all.

When I mean late into the game I'm regarding proper story order. Yeah, you can beat Ganon the moment you get off the plateau as a game design choice, but Aonuma said that by doing so you're ignoring the story.

I love that there is a Jungle!

Honestly I wonder what these Timeline theorists are thinking right about now with the Twilight Princess Castle town alongside the other pointers to other parts of the timeline. Frustrating lol

That framerate is a little concerning, not gonna lie.

Other than that, looks good. I love Link's new armor and need fanart of it ASAP

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

That framerate is a little concerning, not gonna lie.

Other than that, looks good. I love Link's new armor and need fanart of it ASAP

The frame rate isn't the actual rate, but rather a capture issue, Nintendo's had issues properly capturing this game

The Nintendo direct footage looks MUCH better. I don't know why this game captures terribly:

• Thumbs Up 1

Getting a better look at the Rito on stetoids in that picture and footage there. Something about the other races they come up with never fails to charm me.

3 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

The frame rate isn't the actual rate, but rather a capture issue, Nintendo's had issues properly capturing this game

Nintendo's gameplay still shows framerate dips. It's the game.

Switch version will hopefully run better, but anyone expecting a perfectly locked 30fps on a console open-world game is probably being unrealistic. It probably wont bother me too much- I survived Blight Town. 

• Thumbs Up 3

0iWNgYb.jpg

The guardians defended the castle. 

This is also probably the game's intro, akin to Skyward Sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really not sure what's happening time-wise. However, I'm absolutely certain both those obscured shots of a female are of Zelda. One is when she's wearing a more regal outfit, the other is Zelda as an adventurer.

The way she is walking that first time, sorry, its definitely not a female Link. The context doesn't work, anyway. Besides, they confirmed at E3 that there would be no female Link in the game.

I wish we got confirmation of more characters but I'm extremely happy to see towns and NPC's wandering around. But the timeline? Damn, I just don't know. I'm starting to maybe lean back on time crash theory again. The game looks too close to being right after OOT, but we've got TP's Hyrule Castle...

I also don't understand how it could be right after TP, because Ganondorf is supposed to be dead post-TP, right?

Either way I'm ABSOLUTELY certain now (I already was but this reinforces it) this game is set after OOT. There's no doubt about that. I'm also absolutely certain this is not adult timeline either.

I’m starting to wonder if some of the scenes in the first footage are actually flashbacks that are used as Link learns what had happened to Hyrule and before he was put to sleep. The 2 scenes with what could be Zelda, one might be in the past and the other in present time. Could go the same with the scenes where the Master sword is shown as just before the “bird” appears Link does not appear to have the Sheikah Slate.

Just a thought though.

The first female character does look exactly like what you would expect a female version of this game's Link to look like, but that doesn't make her a female Link, except perhaps in spirit; certainly an analogue to what Link is doing, a parallel.  The idea of multiple adventurers starting from different points in the game is an intriguing one.  Whether or not she's the same person as the female character in the end is hard to say; the different costume doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's also true that, if we already have two blue-clothed blonde-haired adventurers roaming around, a third is hardly out of the question.

They're definitely evoking TP with the ruined town, but again, that doesn't quite necessarily mean that the game is set after TP - though I do think that's the most likely explanation.  It could also be that, Hyrule being a land of parallels and multiple timelines, similar or identical architecture was built in another timeline or at some other remote period of history.  The TP timeline (Child Timeline, whatever it's called) is, interestingly, the only one with multiple distinct incarnations of Ganondorf (as in, a new Ganondorf was born in the Four Swords Adventures backstory), so his death in TP may not be that big an obstacle - but it's not like that's ever prevented him from coming back before.

9 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

When I mean late into the game I'm regarding proper story order. Yeah, you can beat Ganon the moment you get off the plateau as a game design choice, but Aonuma said that by doing so you're ignoring the story.

Then I reckon it's probably just an incredibly dramatic scene that takes place in the middle of the story. 

The analysis machine is still recovering from the last Zelda, so here's some stuff they observed

Theory time.

So we saw two women in the trailer. One decked out in survivor gear like many of the other characters and the other in more regal gear. 

tumblr_inline_ohklyhCwvd1s56avs_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohkm0mcqgT1s56avs_500.png

The general sentiment is they're both Princess Zelda. I agree, but I started thinking.

Link is also holding the master sword in this image with what I think COULD be the castle behind them. Signs point to this being the end of the game. But would Nintendo really put a scene from that in the second trailer?

What if the second image is a flashback? We know this Link was active before in this universe, over 100 years ago, and I’m not sure if they’d just be able to put everything back together just like that. It doesn’t seem to fit what the game is going for. What if one is Zelda from 100 years ago and the other is her descendant?

• Thumbs Up 2

People are now going with the flashback theory. A revived Hyrule in the middle/end of the game makes absolutely no sense given the goal is to actually restore it, so the only way this makes sense without a flashback or time travel sequence is if Nintendo is pulling absolute shenanigans with the story they've hinted at, and I'm not sure they'd have any reason to do so.

• Thumbs Up 2