Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

Some interesting things I noticed

• Link seems to be working with the races from OOT. We see a Gerudo, a Goron, a Zora and Link speaking with the Deku Tree.
  • The Zoras are based off different fishes. We see a shark one and some wide headed one that might be a catfish or a manta ray.

Also, it looks like the game will be getting dubs for Europe, too. Here's the German one: 

Interestingly, the voice at the end straight up says "Save my daughter Zelda" instead of just "Save my daughter". I mean assumed it was the king already from the English version, but still interesting.

The old lady calls Ganon something different, too, but I can't quite make out what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer was utterly stunning.  'Bout freaking time voice acting is added.  Also love how many races from across the series are making an appearance, but it's really making it hard for me to properly guess which time this takes place.  I don't really care though, I just want to get my hands on this and eventually listen to its soundtrack.  Ugh, the wait's just gonna seem so much longer now... 

Hopefully, we can change the voices to Japanese.

Japanese Zelda is amazing.

I wonder in how many lanugages is the game gonna be dubbed.

18 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

1080p/60fps docked, 720p/60fps mobile.

Woah, that's a major improvement over the 30-FPS of the wii-u version

4 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Woah, that's a major improvement over the 30-FPS of the wii-u version

And the 30fps isn't even consistent! Everything we've heard about the Switch version is that its extremely smooth and has better draw distance as well. Suggesting a lot more power to the Switch than rumored.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Ash, you can mount up to 5 horses at stables, horses have different stats and temperaments, and horses CAN die.

Ash is an anime character. What does he know...

Also, no chance the game is going to be 60fps. The game is apparently 720p 30 fps and 900p 30fps which sounds much more believable.

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Ash is an anime character. What does he know...

Also, no chance the game is going to be 60fps. The game is apparently 720p 30 fps and 900p 30fps which sounds much more believable.

Did you even watch the video? Eurogamer was told this by Nintendo reps at the event. The same info also came out for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (in that case, its 30fps during 3-4 player).

Can't believe Zelda has voice acting now. I shouldn't be surprised that this was coming eventually but damn...

Game still looks amazing as usual, just hope I don't get severely disappointed like I did with Skyward Sword.

Have some version comparison videos:

8MAjw.gif

Y'all are really trying to make me buy a new console for this, aren't you?

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, God Eater Lenka said:

did anyone else tear up while watching the trailer or was that just me

I will say it is easily amongst the most epic trailers for anything I've ever seen ever. No hyperbole. Mostly cause o' DAT MUSIC. That shit got me PUMPED TO KICK GANON'S BIG FAT CALAMITY ASS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting thing to note in the Limited/Master edition of BotW, the Master Sword is called "The Master Sword of Resurrection" and not just the Master Sword as all of it's previous iterations.

Resurrection of what though? Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, so I know discussing this games place in the timeline is overdone, but I got to thinking. I guess this could perhaps take place after Ocarina of Time. 100 years after, in the timeline where link failed. However, instead of Link dying, he retreats or the goddess or someone find him and hide him from ganon. 100 years pass, and while Ganondorf himself is deceased, Ganon's influence and soul "calamity ganon" remains. This could explain the temple of time and other areas reminiscent of OoT's areas. Perhaps in this timeline the goddess attempted to flood Hyrule like the WW timeline, but it didn't stop ganon as he was never sealed away. (This could explain those little guys that are there.) He was free and reigning from the getgo and at full power. So yes, this would mean that this Link is the very same Link from OoT, and he was in some kind of cryo slumber. (It could also explain the Deku Tree and his comment of Link not remembering him. Perhaps he grew back after he "died" in OoT and Link lost his memory of the events of oot.)

UK pre-order bonus time! If you opt for GAME, you get a keyring and poster:

TLOZ-BreathOfTheWild.jpg

Alternatively, opt for the Nintendo UK Online Store and get the Sheikah t-shirt:

11396290-5904452929190567.jpg

Applies to both Standard and Limited Edition copies.

I'm not gonna lie, for game store related pre-order bonuses those are VERY sweet.  I'm sticking with the t-shirt but will definitely try to acquire the GAME goodies if I can.  Sometimes stores are willing to give away surplus if the staff are okay with it (though don't be bitter if they aren't, it's their right to protect their asses from getting into trouble lol).

14 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Have some version comparison videos:

8MAjw.gif

Y'all are really trying to make me buy a new console for this, aren't you?

As someone who can't afford a switch right now I'll be kinda disappointed if the Wii U version ends up being that much more inferior then the Switch version that turns out a disappointing experience 

Granted of course the Switch version should be better on principle, I just didn't expect the gap to be so wide lol. 

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

As someone who can't afford a switch right now I'll be kinda disappointed if the Wii U version ends up being that much more inferior then the Switch version that turns out a disappointing experience 

Granted of course the Switch version should be better on principle, I just didn't expect the gap to be so wide lol. 

Keep in mind that it's been 7 months since that build of the Wii U version was shown at E3. While the Switch version will (or at least bloody should) have greater visual clarity, it's hard to know just how big of a difference there will be before the final releases are compared side by side.

Anyway, here's a small discussion on the graphics and frame rate by Digital Foundry:

1 hour ago, Josh said:

C2FPl31UoAARGoO.jpg:large

4 giants in 4 corners of the kingdom. We even saw some of these guys in the new Trailer.

The bird in the upper-left corner is the airship.