Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

8 hours ago, FFWF said:

Boss thought:

Hide contents

If this is "Wind Blight Ganon," I wonder if this Hyrule uses "Ganon" as a generic synonym for "demon."

Spoiler

Its theorized that Ganon's power has been fractured into pieces. I think there's been some official evidence to back this up. Wind Blight Ganon isn't just another demon, its a part of Ganon fractured off of him.

I mean, if you look at it... it looks like it has Ganon's mane. Given the current state of Ganon, him being fractured could well explain it very well. Maybe they'll eventually reform into Ganon, perhaps even Ganondorf.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/09/exclusive-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-screen-gallery.aspx 

New screenshots. Warning, page shows one of the dungeon bosses. 

Also, this quote comes from the article which got my interest more:

"Even though this is the largest version of Hyrule to date, Zelda's game world is dense with activity."

IMG_0176.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's the actual press release

Nintendo prepares downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

14/02/2017

Subscribe to Nintendo UK on

14th February, 2017The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch and Wii U is one of the largest, most engaging video games Nintendo has ever created. While the main game offers players an engrossing quest that will keep them entertained for hours, as well as the freedom to explore the vast Hyrule at their own pace, the game world provides a rich canvas that offers the opportunity for additional adventures. As a result, the first-ever downloadable content for the mainline The Legend of Zelda series is in development.

H2x1_NSwitch_TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_DLC_enGB.jpg

Starting when the game launches on 3rd March, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for £17.99/€19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new Treasure Chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these Treasure Chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two Treasure Chests will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

“The world of Hyrule which we created for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is so large and vibrant that we wanted to offer more for players to experience within it,” said Nintendo developer Eiji Aonuma, the long-time producer of the series. “With this new Expansion Pass, we hope that fans will play, explore and enjoy the game even more.”

For more information about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, visit http://www.nintendo.co.uk/breathofthewild.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild launches on Nintendo Switch and Wii U on 3rd March in stores and on Nintendo eShop.

Considering how massive this game already is, and how Nintendo's been starting to use DLC to keep some titles evergreen moreso than they are already, well I don't mind

...you have to PAY for hard mode?

Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

One of these Treasure Chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass.

are you serious

• Thumbs Up 4

A few things to point out: This is already the biggest and most expansive Zelda yet, despite that, Anouma and others have gone on record saying there is even more ideas thyey wanted to put in it. So for the first time they have a chance to add even more to a complete vision

In regards to Hard mode, doubt it's going to be something simple like hard modes of the past where it simply doubled damage. This game already has one-shot enemy attacks, and doubling the damage wouldn't be a proper solution. It's likely it'll do a variety of things, perhaps limit your inventory, affect the use of items(make it real time perhaps), and any number of things, like even more aggressive AI. Considering how huge and difficult the game already is, adding in a more comprehensive hard mode later makes sense

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it all just depends on the quality of the content. Could just be Hero Mode (if it is, fuck you Nintendo), could be a Master Quest (in which case, a'ight).

Ngl, I don't like the fact that you can't buy the content separately, it's not fair to people who just want one side of the DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forcing you to buy both is dumb when other Season Passes allow you to purchase separate packs. Unless that second bit is particularly extensive, I think I'll be giving it a miss. The game's big enough anyway.

Yes, because it's not like nintendo's already done this fairly and successfully with Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and SSB4, oh wait they did, the games weren't lacking at release, and the DLC all added greatly to the game with causing detriment

10 minutes ago, God Eater Lenka said:

You... Can't buy the season pass without a paid subscription to Nintendo's online??

That's not a surprise are you serious. Anyone that knows how they work should not be surprised. 

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That's not a surprise are you serious. Anyone that knows how they work should not be surprised. 

That is a surprise, holy shit, have you been on ANY form of paid online service in the past decade????

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I distinctly remember being able to buy DLC for literally every other console without a paid membership. What are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 3

Who can say that you didn't inspect element that discord post to try and defend Nintendo for what they're doing? Hm..

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

That is a surprise, holy shit, have you been on ANY form of paid online service in the past decade????

Yes. You need ps plus to download mossy all and use said season pass. Case and point xenoverse 2.

5 minutes ago, God Eater Lenka said:

Oh. Sorry.

Don't be we all make mistakes. That's how I learned not to put my stove rack on the bottom row.

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yes. You need ps plus to download mossy all and use said season pass. Case and point xenoverse 2.

9b740668a3ae4ec8997493972a17dcf4.png

Lol, no you don't. You're confusing playing online and needing PS+ with buying shit somehow.