Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

Soooooo I thought I was chasing after a Hylia Statue. Instead, I found this:

Spoiler

WVW69kIsupwRcMa1QP

Kinda hard to see, but fairy rabbits galore! And a fairy horse with a creepy-ass spider face. I was able to mount it, but it bucked me off pretty quick. Gonna cheat this, make a whole bunch of stamina potions, and try again. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Hide contents

WVW69kIsupwRcMa1QP

Kinda hard to see, but fairy rabbits galore! And a fairy horse with a creepy-ass spider face. I was able to mount it, but it bucked me off pretty quick. Gonna cheat this, make a whole bunch of stamina potions, and try again. xP

found that yesterday, caught the horse aaaand

Spoiler

shit spirit cant be registered, shame since it has unlimited boost, sorry :(

Just now, Soniman said:

found that yesterday, caught the horse aaaand

Hide contents

shit spirit cant be registered, shame since it has unlimited boost

Are you serious?

Outright travesty. 0/10

Question...

Who thinks the "Zelda Invasion" concept will be the DLC story released at the end of this year? Looks like that concept could have gone a good ways in development from the pictures, so DLC featuring some weird post-game invasion just as things start kicking off repair wise would be awesome.

Defeat the Calamity, then face another apocalypse, no breaks son.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this should be in the spoiler thread or not, but after spending some time filling in the map and just tooling around Hyrule, I decided to try a story quest.

Spoiler

Instead of heading to Hateno Village, I decided to head toward Zora's Domain since I ran into a Zora during my adventuring that told me to meet with Prince Sidon. Now I've been tasked with collecting twenty shock arrows to fight the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and that means I have to go fight the Lynel to collect them... and I'm just getting my ass handed to me. I am wearing rubber armor, which I received from doing the shrines, but I just can't seem to kill it. Anybody got some tips on how to deal with it?

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Not sure if this should be in the spoiler thread or not, but after spending some time filling in the map and just tooling around Hyrule, I decided to try a story quest.

Hide contents

Instead of heading to Hateno Village, I decided to head toward Zora's Domain since I ran into a Zora during my adventuring that told me to meet with Prince Sidon. Now I've been tasked with collecting twenty shock arrows to fight the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and that means I have to go fight the Lynel to collect them... and I'm just getting my ass handed to me. I am wearing rubber armor, which I received from doing the shrines, but I just can't seem to kill it. Anybody got some tips on how to deal with it?

Spoiler

You don't have to kill it. Just grab the arrows that have been scattered around from him shooting (before you arrived).

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll just leave this here.

Nothing stands out as a spoiler as far as I can tell, so it should be safe.

So I'm pretty sure I've gotten every memory except for the ones associated with the castle (because that place is possessed by Satan and I don't have the Master Sword- fuck that). One in particular though gets me.

Spoiler

Zelda is quite frustrated by not being able to enter a shrine and takes it out on Link with a sudden snap. I feel so bad for both these children. Come here; both of you. *hugs*

Also, had a surprise on a mission today:

Spoiler

A boy near the Tabantha stable said there's a "Boom-Bam Ghost" underneath the nearby bridge at night. I roll my eyes, speed up time, and head for the bridge.  I'm thinking this kid is exaggerating-

SUDDENLY FIRE SHENRON.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:
  Hide contents

You don't have to kill it. Just grab the arrows that have been scattered around from him shooting (before you arrived).

Oh, thanks! That was a lot simpler than I expected...

Spoiler

I saw one or two in the cutscene when you first make it up the mountain, but assumed he held the rest. Just drank a stealth potion and ran around the whole area and scooped them up pretty quickly. I assume I can probably come here to farm more Shock Arrows if needed?

Spoiler

...I still want to kill him, though. As soon as I get better weapons.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Hide contents

A boy near the Tabantha stable said there's a "Boom-Bam Ghost" underneath the nearby bridge at night. I roll my eyes, speed up time, and head for the bridge.  I'm thinking this kid is exaggerating-

SUDDENLY FIRE SHENRON.

Spoiler

lol I ran into the fire dragon while I was searching for a shrine in the area and dodging those drones or whatever they are. Caught the updraft it created and then was surprised to see him xD Then I thought "Hey, maybe I can ride him" and ended with my ass in a ditch.

Also found the electric dragon while I was practicing perfect shielding in the Bomb Trial area and followed it to the Lanayru Bridge.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

So I'm pretty sure I've gotten every memory except for the ones associated with the castle (because that place is possessed by Satan and I don't have the Master Sword- fuck that). One in particular though gets me.

Reveal hidden contents

Zelda is quite frustrated by not being able to enter a shrine and takes it out on Link with a sudden snap. I feel so bad for both these children. Come here; both of you. *hugs*

Also, had a surprise on a mission today:

Hide contents

SUDDENLY FIRE SHENRON.

That's kind of hilarious because (since you didn't mention anything else here):

The kid isn't referring to the dragon by the boom-bam ghost.

24 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

lol I ran into the fire dragon while I was searching for a shrine in the area and dodging those drones or whatever they are. Caught the updraft it created and then was surprised to see him xD Then I thought "Hey, maybe I can ride him" and ended with my ass in a ditch.

Also found the electric dragon while I was practicing perfect shielding in the Bomb Trial area and followed it to the Lanayru Bridge

Spoiler

Ha, I ran into the electric one by pure happenstance as well. Was just riding my horse across the Hylia Bridge and got dogged down by a Moblin fight. It turns dark by the time I'm done, then I look over the edge and I'm like "BRUH. I DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD DRAGONS." I watched it for like ten minutes; it was a moment of pure discovery and joy. I felt like a kid again.

xD The fire one was funnier though. I honestly expected this kid to be bullshitting me.

Just now, JezMM said:

That's kind of hilarious because (since you didn't mention anything else here):

Hide contents

The kid isn't referring to the dragon by the boom-bam ghost.

WELL NOW.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:04 PM, Nepenthe said:

Reveal hidden contents

WVW69kIsupwRcMa1QP

That's the the Lord of the Mountain. If you want an actually registerable special horsie go looking around taobab plains in the lake region, and the site of the memory linked to the horse statue. Also, try shooting the dragons with arrows and see what happens.

Well, well, I'm surprised I didn't bring it up first...

Spoiler

I actually saw the electric dragon when I went to Lake Hylia for the first time, and was simply awestruck. I was wondering "I am gonna have to fight that thing eventually?!" As I watched the big guy fly around the lake and then fly off.

Then I found out later that they're not so much enemies as they are flying loot dispensers. And surprisingly predictable in terms of spawning.

Also, if you want another memorable encounter, unless you've done it already, climb up to the top of Mount Lanayru. You won't be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I have a question concerning SPOILER in the game. Can she die like the other horses? I've seen people claim she does online but while my brother was playing he has gotten accidentally stabbed constantly times by enemies, shot and set on fire by one guardian, and struck by lightning because of the metal sword on his back. Yet after all of this SPOILER is still alive and well. I really would like clarification on this since I'm confused on why people claim she can die yet with how wreckless my brother tends to be during gameplay, she's still alive.

Decided to censor the name for safety since I know some people have gotten upset at the reveal of even the most minor of spoilers. To see the name just look in the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

Epona

All animals in the game can die. I just think in particular that horses are a bit tougher than most to stand up to the damage inflicted by Guardians.

I'm loving Breath of the Wild. I can't believe it's been a week since it's release, along with the Switch console, which I am also enjoying.

I find it sad that there are so many people racing to finish the new Zelda game as fast as they can. They're really missing out on all there is to explore and experience in the game. Why would anyone want to skip out of all the fun to be had, just to brag that they beat it within an hour? If you ask me, they're bragging about how much they missed out on. I'm taking my time with the game, and am loving every second of it!

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

So I have a question concerning SPOILER in the game. Can she die like the other horses? I've seen people claim she does online but while my brother was playing he has gotten accidentally stabbed constantly times by enemies, shot and set on fire by one guardian, and struck by lightning because of the metal sword on his back. Yet after all of this SPOILER is still alive and well. I really would like clarification on this since I'm confused on why people claim she can die yet with how wreckless my brother tends to be during gameplay, she's still alive.

Decided to censor the name for safety since I know some people have gotten upset at the reveal of even the most minor of spoilers. To see the name just look in the spoiler tag below.

Reveal hidden contents

Epona

Yes she can. On another note, though...

Spoiler

If Epona dies, you can get her back from the amiibo, but it might take some time to do so.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:15 AM, Chris Knopps said:

Question...

Who thinks the "Zelda Invasion" concept will be the DLC story released at the end of this year? Looks like that concept could have gone a good ways in development from the pictures, so DLC featuring some weird post-game invasion just as things start kicking off repair wise would be awesome.

Defeat the Calamity, then face another apocalypse, no breaks son.

I dunno... I feel like the 100 years ago scenario is more likely. Its more directly relevant to the plot of the game and could be fleshed out.

Spoiler

It might have to be Zelda who is playable, though.

3 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yes she can. On another note, though...

Reveal hidden contents

If Epona dies, you can get her back from the amiibo, but it might take some time to do so.

I dunno... I feel like the 100 years ago scenario is more likely. Its more directly relevant to the plot of the game and could be fleshed out.

Reveal hidden contents

It might have to be Zelda who is playable, though.

Ah okay so I guess either she has a lot of health or taking her to the stables helps her refresh. Still have no idea how she survived after getting struck by lightning, those things pack a punch.

Is it me, or is the Zora dungeon and its lead-up more fleshed-out than the others? I've only completed that and the Rito dungeon so far, but the Zora dungeon's leadup was considerably longer, you got a lot more time to know the supporting character, there were more challenges pre-dungeon... The Rito dungeon felt less challenging, but that's mostly because I had to do some weird parkour stuff to get to the last two terminals using the elephant's trunk.

Though, if there's one fun thing about doing the dungeons at this stage in my playthrough...

Spoiler

The Master Sword starts shining constantly during the entire dungeon. Meaning you basically have a blank cheque to go murder everything with sword beams. I basically butchered Wind Blight Ganon with nothing else but the Master Sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Candescence said:

Is it me, or is the Zora dungeon and its lead-up more fleshed-out than the others? I've only completed that and the Rito dungeon so far, but the Zora dungeon's leadup was considerably longer, you got a lot more time to know the supporting character, there were more challenges pre-dungeon... The Rito dungeon felt less challenging, but that's mostly because I had to do some weird parkour stuff to get to the last two terminals using the elephant's trunk.

Though, if there's one fun thing about doing the dungeons at this stage in my playthrough...

Reveal hidden contents

The Master Sword starts shining constantly during the entire dungeon. Meaning you basically have a blank cheque to go murder everything with sword beams. I basically butchered Wind Blight Ganon with nothing else but the Master Sword.

I'm largely in agreement with that. It definitely felt like it got the most attention out of every "dungeon story". It helped that the stakes were much more immediate and much more tangible than that of the other races, at least in my opinion.

I never really felt that any of them had the buildup and development that they could have received, but helping out the Zora definitely felt the most fulfilling.

Guardians and Lynels freak me the hell out in this game, early on in my playthrough I was just climbing towers to expand my map, I got down to Central Tower and was greeted with actual mobile, non-decaying Guardians patrolling the area around some town ruins. Well shit. So sneaking through and right under their noses I get to the tower area but oh shit, there's decayed guardians literally situated around the tower on all sides. I remember climbing up in a spiral fashion going out of one Guardian's sights, into another the entire climb up the tower, it was tense as hell but I made it LOL.

I've taken back all the Divine Beasts, cleared all 120 shrines, recovered all captured memories and gotten the Master Sword now, need to find 2 more great fairy fountains and upgrade my champion tunic to the max defense level then it's off to face Calamity Ganon. I was going to do all Side Quests but most of the rewards are just for Rupees and I've got like 30,000 of them lol, maybe after I beat Calamity Ganon.

One you beat all 120 Shrines...

Spoiler

The reward for beating all 120 shrines is the cap, shirt and shorts of the "Wild" which is basically BotW's take on the classic green tunic Link is renowned for wearing in the series. It's not as good as the blue champion tunic though still which is basically the best armour stats in the game once fully upgraded.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/03/2017 at 9:00 PM, sonicgirl313 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Epona

It's technically not a spoiler because you can ONLY get her through amiibo.  There's no other way to obtain her I'm aware of.  I also heard the amiibo only works once per playthrough?  Some people spawned her on the Great Plataeu and were unable to board her as a result lol.

On 11/03/2017 at 4:02 PM, Candescence said:

Hide contents

The Rito one is definitely the shortest and weirdly so - Goron is a LITTLE shorter than Zora and Gerudo is 100% on par, though you get to know the characters much better in Zora I think, and they have one of the most interesting backstories due to the elders' strained relationship with the Hylians.

I think the Rito one is intended to be the easiest to do though, particularly since (spoilers of what happens when you go to Hyrule Castle prior to freeing the divine beasts only:)

If you try to fight Ganon early, you also have to fight all the Divine Beast boss fights you haven't defeated yet in a row before getting to progress to the regular finale.  Windblight Ganon, the Rito boss, is the first you face, suggesting there was a distinct order of difficulty they were designed in.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

I think the Rito one is intended to be the easiest to do though, particularly since (spoilers of what happens when you go to Hyrule Castle prior to freeing the divine beasts only:)

Reveal hidden contents

If you try to fight Ganon early, you also have to fight all the Divine Beast boss fights you haven't defeated yet in a row before getting to progress to the regular finale.  Windblight Ganon, the Rito boss, is the first you face, suggesting there was a distinct order of difficulty they were designed in.

Not to mention

Spoiler

when the divine beasts unleash their attack on ganon in the regular playthrough, Revali is first in the sequence

• Thumbs Up 1

...Wow.

Spoiler

So I was messing around in the Hateno region, trying to solve a Shrine Quest ("Secret of the Cedars") went down to the beach, sailed a short distance, and then just made my way up the mountain because why not. I can barely see something purple near the top through the snow and as I get closer, I hear the music that plays when the dragon spirits are nearby... but it sounded weird. As I get closer, turns out this dragon, Naydra, was struck by the Calamity and was completely corrupted. From there, I had to chase it around the mountain, gliding on the updrafts and shooting out the corrupted pieces in slow motion until it was cured. Then the Goddess statue said I had to shoot it again and I freaked out thinking I had to kill it, but it was just to knock a scale off.

I don't say this much, but shit was epic (and probably more exciting than I described...). It wasn't a real boss battle, but it was such an interesting sequence and I didn't expect to just stumble across it. Besides reclaiming Vah Ruta, I have not continued with the story (in fact, I still have "Locked Mementos" active and have one last task to do with that, I just swerved off to the side to clear out some shrines). I'll probably continue forward with the story from here. I'm assuming I'm going to need to get the scales from the other dragons eventually?

Oh, right, I still haven't solved that Shrine Quest.